• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Question about the bug section of this forum

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Hi mods/managers,

As I was reading through some of the bug reports on this forum, it surprised me that a number of times - after a bug has been reported in the designated bug report section - the most frequent reply by the Elvenar Team is that the reporting player should instead raise a ticket with support.
Then, if you don't mind me asking, what is the use of the bug report section here, if the devs only start working on bugs after they have received a ticket through support? I'm genuinely curious. As when I find a bug, my number one response would be to report it here, on the forums. However, it seems that the number one action should instead be to raise a ticket. Which brings me back to the question; what then is the function of the bug report section on this forum?

Thanks in advance for answering.

Joemork

Spellcaster
Perhaps ammending the Bug reporting description would be a first step

'Sometimes it happens that you run into a bug in Elvenar. This is unfortunate, but luckily the Elvenar Team can usually help you find a way to resolve it, or offer a way to circumvent the issue you're experiencing. In this forum section, you can report any such issue to request help. Know that you can also reach out to the Support Team, who're always happy to assist too.'

Last edited:

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi C-Nymph!

The idea around this Forum is for players to highlight any issues they are having with their game in order for us to investigate. If it is within our scope as Moderators then we will endeavour to deal with the issue right first time without any further action from the player however, as you can appreciate, often times there are things that will require further investigation by our Support Team. There are also times where we can assure players on this thread that certain issues are already in hand.

Whilst I understand that it feels like duplicating information, it does help both us and other players if they run into similar issues and they can see via this forum that it's affecting others.

I know that sometimes it feels that raising a ticket via support is our go to response however, be assured that we will have investigated it thoroughly to see if there is anything we can do first and foremost :)

Herodite.

Timneh

Artisan
I know that sometimes it feels that raising a ticket via support is our go to response however, be assured that we will have investigated it thoroughly to see if there is anything we can do first and foremost

Why can the mod not pass on the bug to the devs after they have carried out the investigation and confirmed there is a bug ?

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Why can the mod not pass on the bug to the devs after they have carried out the investigation and confirmed there is a bug ?

Hi @Timneh :) When a player creates a ticket, information from that Players City will be connected to this which allows our Support Team to go a bit more in depth. This information is something that we would be unable to gather and forward unfortunately.

Pauly7

Magus
I agree @C-Nymph. It seems to me the right procedure is for someone to report a bug here, then if it is confirmed by other players and/or mods/CM then that should be all that is needed for the problem to be investigated and resolved.

If a report turns out to be an issue specific to one player then of course a support ticket needs to be raised to speak with that person individually, but if there is global problem then it makes no sense to take the conversation private.

@Silmaril @herodite please take a look at the Beta bug reporting section.