• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Queen of the Seas

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the Queen of the Seas questline that will come to Elvenar on 8 July!

We're looking forward to your feedback. :)

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

LazyTony

Sorcerer
@Muf-Muf Thanks for another event but I'm really not a fan of 8 day events with a scouting quest that takes 4 days 6 hours. If I had been unlucky enough to start a scout shortly before the event started it would be impossible for me to complete without time boosts, and frankly I have much better things to spend time boosts on. A facility to recall a scout would be helpful, or more consideration of end of tech tree loyal multi-year players (and there are quite a few of us!) by not including scout quests in events with no alternatives.

DeletedUser4180

I have to agree with LazyTony, surely not a lazy player at all lol, surely players on the end of research tree are not being taken into consideration at all, and that should be changed on future events(I really hope it does), last quest scout a province or research 1 Technology is surely a killer to the ones at the end of the research tree, and as the event only last for 8 days is something that will make many players to not even consider bothering with the Queen of the Seas event.

This being said, I would like to congratulate the devs for producing such a beautiful building and I can't wait to have it in my city, even though I am not a huge fan of population/culture buildings, this one will stay in Sparta for a long time :D

m4rt1n

Adept
The long scouts are going to be a real issue for me also, and I have no choice on the last one but to scout as I have no tech left to unlock.
Being able to pause a scout would alleviate the problem somewhat.

DeletedUser5037

I loathe to agree with anyone who has an avatar with the WRONG Marvin (^_^), but I have to agree with @LazyTony! These short-term events do not seem to cater for long-term players who will have to wait 5-6 days for a single SCOUT! In the past, having "SCOUT" or "RESEARCH TREE" on a single "quest item" when you've completed the final chapter means wasting TIME BOOSTS for something that might not end up being useful in the "next chapter"! Whenever that it released to the populous!

Personally, I do not participate in these smaller events, but continue to gain resources (mainly PORTAL PROFITs via CRAFTING) until the release of the "next chapter". In the larger, one month, events I tend to compete the "daily quests" and forget about the sequential ones!

I thank INNOGAMES, however, for providing these events for "newer" gamers, so they can progress their cities easier/quicker than we did 3-4 years ago!

Piglets For All

Soothsayer
I loathe to agree with anyone who has an avatar with the WRONG Marvin (^_^), but I have to agree with @LazyTony! These short-term events do not seem to cater for long-term players who will have to wait 5-6 days for a single SCOUT! In the past, having "SCOUT" or "RESEARCH TREE" on a single "quest item" when you've completed the final chapter means wasting TIME BOOSTS for something that might not end up being useful in the "next chapter"! Whenever that it released to the populous!

Personally, I do not participate in these smaller events, but continue to gain resources (mainly PORTAL PROFITs via CRAFTING) until the release of the "next chapter". In the larger, one month, events I tend to compete the "daily quests" and forget about the sequential ones!

I thank INNOGAMES, however, for providing these events for "newer" gamers, so they can progress their cities easier/quicker than we did 3-4 years ago!
I'm not so sure that we do progress quicker now than we did 3-4 years ago, as somebody who started right at the beginning and remembers having all our kp to go into the tree we definitely moved faster before the end of tournament kp became AW instants only, my cities from then no longer exist as I reached total frustration with how things were going and deleted them!

I found the last big event far too long for my tiny city, didn't get to the end but wasn't expecting to, not enough room or goods/coins or supplies to be able to grow my city, clear provinces on the world map, do the weekly tournaments AND participate in the event. The Queen of the Seas should be much more doable and I'm hoping that my tiny city (currently in Chapter 4) will get through in the 8 days even with the same constraints as the long one.

DeletedUser8921

I remember playing long ago (on the U.S. server) before tournaments or fellowships were a thing. Now that was slow!

DeletedUser4499

I just realised that this event is very difficult and expensive for lower chapters. I started another city a few days before the previous event finished and I'm now in the middle of chapter 2.
However, with all the spell/enchantment quest, I'd be forced to use almost all enchantments I have gained so far and for quest 37, I've to disenchant many of the instants I've gained through this event.
Since these are things I didn't have to care about with my bigger city, (beginning chapter 10), I started the event in my smaller city full enthusiasm. But I'm not going to empty my storage for this event. I'd liked to get this new building for my small city, but I don't think it's worth loosing most nchantments and instants.
It's a shame, because at first glance it looked like an event designed to help lower chapter to grow nicely (upgrade builings to level 4 and 5, collect boosted goods and tools, give neighbourly help, use the trader). Only when checking the quests in more detail, it becomes apparent that it's not designed with lower chapters in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

m4rt1n

Adept
A lot easier than I anticipated, given I had space, but had to build marble from scratch for the smaller building upgrades and used RR spells for the bigger building upgrade.
I will be finished now when my scout finishes on Thursday, having completed all but the last quest.

DeletedUser8921

I'm on quest 21, waiting for the timer to complete for the next tournament round. I have 5 provinces unlocked, so I did the first tournament round for the complete 20 tournament encounters quest. The complete 40 encounters tournament quest will take me rounds 2 and 3 of the tournament. In theory I could do rounds 4-6 for quest 38, 60 tournament encounters, but that would mean rushing through some of the other quests, plus I want to use the rewards from the tournament chest for quest 36, gain 6 spells. (I know I could use the crafting with combining catalysts thing to do that, but that feels less fun to me.)

For me, part of the challenge of events like this is to do them as much as possible within the "normal" scope of what I want to do with my city. Of course I build numerous level 1 steel manufactories and level 2 workshops (why not get a few extra supplies out of them by a quick upgrade?). But I "save" my scouting and research completions and province clearing for events so that I have some easily available. That's consistent with my "Slow Walk Through Elvenar" approach. Basically I like to get as much "use" out of any action I can complete in my city as I can. So for example quest 16 "scout one province" I used to scout a province that I will clear in quest 38 in order to have another province available for the upcoming gems tournament as well as being one of the 25 additional provinces I will eventually need to finish chapter 4, but that scout also satisfied one of my "regular" cyclical quests to scout a province.

Obsessive? If you say so.

DeletedUser6644

Since these are things I didn't have to care about with my bigger city, (beginning chapter 10), I started the event in my smaller city full enthusiasm. But I'm not going to empty my storage for this event. I'd liked to get this new building for my small city, but I don't think it's worth loosing most nchantments and instants
I agree, but think its probably a matter of bad luck/timing for you being just a bit too early to gain so much from this event. I also built a baby city recently (now in early chapter 4) to collect wishing wells from the last event. Because I got so many coin instants as a byproduct, I'm not finding the disenchantments to be demanding, despite my MA only being level 2. The 5x spell production was a bit of a mind bender at first till I realised that I hadn't done my neighbour visits yet yesterday evening, so I managed to get one from one of my 3 NH chests, and then one more this morning. Plus I managed to to do a few provinces for the tourney and finally got the last from the magic academy less than 14 hours after I started. And I'm at a point where using MM spells on my T2s and brand new (single) T3 and a few PoPs on my largest workshops is by no means a waste. Buying KPs is still cheap, scout times short and building upgrades to level 4/5 a no-brainer. So not so bad overall for a player in lower chapters compared with my main city. I should be finished in plenty of time with decent rewards along the way.

DeletedUser8921

Chapters 3 and 4 are a great time for events. You have enough room in your city to build a few extra manufactories and workshops, lots of spells from tournaments and past events, short scout times and plentiful provinces still to clear. It's hard to do events in chapter 1 and 2 cities and maybe hard in end-game cities or even those with guest races, but the middle chapters seem to be the sweet spot.

Edited to add a mention of the abundant researches with relatively low costs.

DeletedUser9063

Hello everyone, i am new to a forum but i have been playing Elvenar since last September. I found this topic interesting because i would prefer events being more lined up with progress of game, then just silly building enormous amounts of workshops and t1 boost manufactories so we finish it sooner and can forget about it.
I am playing with 2 accounts, well one is my husbands, and on this one i play without buying any packs so I have to dissagree that for lower chapters events are easier. It seems we are forgeting that back then all neighbouring provinces are red, meaning very hard, so forget about fighting them and if you want to cater all, then you can produce only for those quests.
Having a quest with over 12 provinces or 60 tournament provinces is a stage where you think about worth of reward of the event.
Whole progress of game stops for the event, not to mention spending most of the rewards to achieve next quest. I just dont find that fun or entertaining ;)