• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Push Accounts Question

cwgiii

Shaman
For those out there that are investigating this (I know there are folks that look at account names in the fellowship, tournament, AW contribution and individual ranking lists, etc. on various worlds, in detail), I am wondering if there is any evidence at all showing that any account reported for pushing has been closed (either voluntarily or not). Is there anyone out there that has actually reported a specific account for pushing (I am not looking for that specific account information)? If so, what was your experience like? What kind(s) evidence were you able to collect, how? Once reported, what was your experience with support like (again, not looking for specific data, just generalities)? How long did it take for support to respond? Did support follow up with you for further details or not (not looking for those details)? Did support notify you of any action taken or not taken?

I am also curious about the other side of the coin, although I really don't know how much response might be provided from this point of view. Has anyone out there been investigated for pushing (falsely or even accurately)? Again, no data requested here, just general impressions. If approached by Support, did they provide evidence, ask for an "alibi" for lack of a better term, etc.? Did your account simply get shutdown without any communication? What was the process like? How long did the process take? Again, I am not looking for specifics, just general experiences.

I am genuinely curious about this topic in general. I am not looking to violate any forum or game rules. I am looking for non-partisan, calm descriptions of experiences (no specific names, quotes from any communications between anyone, or anything else that might cause anxiety on anyone's part).

DeletedUser3337

Ow SherlockPimpy© investigated and reported quite a few players.

I made printscreens
I kept track of the amount of KP donated from alt to main (on daily base)
I kept track of growth of alt cities, if they had build anything, or if they had scouted on the worldmap

I included this information in the ticket.
Each ticket I opened was answered with the same standard format and no follow up happened.
Support is not allowed to inform you of any action taken.
Tickets got closed.

Then I still kept track to see if these players stopped pushing.
But they did not. All of them are still doing it today.

Hope this helps a bit.

DeletedUser3985

I have reported a couple players in the past but I soon stopped after coming to the realisation that nothing was being done. Support will tell you that they can't comment on any action taken but they don't need to as you can visit their city whenever you like and notice that KPs are still being donated. I've also asked for specifics on what counts as pushing or not, as the rules are quite vague in this regard, only to be told that "we do not want to give cheating players hints on how to avoid punishments while still breaking the rules."

IMO, the reason why push accounts don't get banned is because a lot of them belong to top players who spend money on this game. If you ban those players you are effectively losing income and why would you want less money?

DeletedUser4587

LMAO Tree. You reported your own players?

I'm sure I have been reported as I have the benefit of receiving kps from lots of players but I have never been approached by inno, just harassed by players. Recently there is a FS with 10 useless players (score 1-2k) being used by a couple players of the same FS but Inno has done nothing.

Pauly7

Magus
It is frustrating if Inno go to the trouble of creating a game "rule", but then have no intention of ever enforcing it. Tree is right - the cheaters spend money so the developers don't care. They try to make the rest of the people feel better by saying there is a "rule". But there is no rule. Let's be honest. I have come across many push accounts on my travels, but I never report them because I have heard all the stories as above and realise there is no point.

cwgiii

Shaman
Thanks for your thoughts Pauly7. I guess one of my motivations for this post is to see actual instances of reporting (without details). I just wonder how many folks actually report.

DeletedUser3337

I know there are many more who have opened a ticket and reported.
There was once even a mail sent (not by me, to be clear) to numerous Archmages, with a request to pass on to their whole fellowship, to report a certain player. A player btw, who openly admits his actions.

DeletedUser4587

the cheaters spend money so the developers don't care.

That's probably not a true assumption. Tree admitted to allowing cheaters in his FS to be more "successful"; however, he has several players that are heavy pushers who don't appear to spend money. If success is determined on how well you cheat, that is just sad. Should just call yourselves Cheaters of Forest.

At least you can report this post and Inno will take action on it!

DeletedUser3985

That's probably not a true assumption. Tree admitted to allowing cheaters in his FS to be more "successful"; however, he has several players that are heavy pushers who don't appear to spend money. If success is determined on how well you cheat, that is just sad. Should just call yourselves Cheaters of Forest.

At least you can report this post and Inno will take action on it!
Wow, Jaelyn. You seem to be rather upset over a sarcastic post which is quite embarrassing. My KP donations are all from members of my fellowship and can be tracked from our wondermails, unlike yours where hundreds seem to come from random accounts with little progress.

How does that saying go again? "Those who scream the loudest..."

DeletedUser4587

Quite the spinner there. My position comes with benefits. Someday you mayhave someone in that position and they will tell you :)