• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Other Protecting important inventory items

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
Having accidentally used a few big time reductions lately ... I'm thinking that it would be good to either have an auto confirm needed for the biggest ones (40h/20h) to use or even better some kind of protection we can allocate to those items we know we want kept.

Having a touch screen .. its been very useful but sometimes the arrow doesnt always move when poked or it shifts 2 pages somehow and that can lead to accidents.

Just something that would help me smile instead of grimace (hopefully ino/others agree that smiling instead of grimacing is good ^^

Julian

Sorcerer
Yes, I once used a 20h time instant instead of a 2h one. A warning for instants above 10h would be good.

m4rt1n

Adept
I've done it also when using more than one instant in succession sometimes they can jump position also leading to accidental use of a big one.

Pauly7

Magus
We've said this loads of times and I don't know why it can't be implemented, or some kind of response given. All it needs it a confirmation box saying "This time instant is longer than the time remaining. Are you sure you wish to proceed?" And then... have a checkbox to say "tick here if you don't wish to be reminded about this in the future."

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
We've said this loads of times and I don't know why it can't be implemented, or some kind of response given. All it needs it a confirmation box saying "This time instant is longer than the time remaining. Are you sure you wish to proceed?" And then... have a checkbox to say "tick here if you don't wish to be reminded about this in the future."
Yes, exactly as what happens with KP instants. When the KP instant you´re adding is much more of what your AW research tab needs you receive a confirmation and a warning box, but with time instants, with normal KP amounts (I made mistakes where I accidentally clicked the button where all the KP you´ve got is instead of the button of 1 single KP per clicking and losing with this hundreds of KP), and with the button of auto-fight when you´re playing a manual fight ( yes, that button above the surrender one) cause sometimes you use scout units to see what the map or units positions are and accidentally you click that button, man you lose lot of squads with that button that is near of the surrender one.

Stucon

Illusionist
Or a single 'Undo last action' button. This would cove all sots of errors. Putting spell on wrong building, wrong time instant, erroneous deletion an generally doing anything vaguely idiotic (my personal norm)

Gargon667

Mentor
Didn´twe have a much more detailed discussion on the topic just a few months ago?

Obviously the simple version would be acceptable to anyone, but also not very helpful. I would get rid of the warning, because I always use the time boost that finishes whatever it is (rather than the one just below and then I have to wait another 7 minutes or whatever).
So I would like a warning if I intend to use a timeboost that is more than the closest one, and not a warning just because I am wasting a few minutes...

Pauly7

Magus
Obviously the simple version would be acceptable to anyone, but also not very helpful. I would get rid of the warning, because I always use the time boost that finishes whatever it is (rather than the one just below and then I have to wait another 7 minutes or whatever).
So I would like a warning if I intend to use a timeboost that is more than the closest one, and not a warning just because I am wasting a few minutes...
The more complicated it gets the less likely they would be to do it... even if I do imagine they're entertaining our ideas in the first place. The good thing about the first plan is that it's exactly the same as two other systems they have in the game and no one can dislike it because they can just turn off the warnings.

I agree with you though. I quite often purposefully go a few minutes over. If something has 4 hrs 50 mins to go, then obviously I'm gonna choose the 5 hour instant.... even though you could work around it by picking 2 x 2hrs, 1 x 30mins, 2 x 10mins. So I don't know if I'd turn the warning off or not. It would still be a nice addition to the game though.

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Thank you for sharing, we all agree that this confirmation button or the undo option. I would bring it up to the developers and see where this goes. However, this was suggested before, unfortunately it was not something that was seen to improve the game. Due to the nature of all boosters would be flagged for any use and would make using multiple ones more tedious. Therefore we can suggest it again, but an answer had already been provided previously.

Pauly7

Magus
However, this was suggested before, unfortunately it was not something that was seen to improve the game.
Did the developers respond and say this? If so then it wasn't passed back. People aren't going to stop repeating requests unless we get responses on them. If they haven't responded then why not put it to them again?

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
We put this to the developers last October @Pauly7. Their response was not conclusive and is still an open request.
Although the idea of a warning like this is liked, it would be quite complex to create across the Boosters, as not all would need this as many small 1-45 minute could at the very least be disregarded. Thoughts are that this could be useful for the longer Boosters, but only if 50% or more of the time would not be effectively wasted.
It was also felt that most of the community would also want the option to disable this as generally we are being asked to reduce pop up's by the community in general, with many players disabling all options in the game

Pauly7

Magus
We put this to the developers last October @Pauly7. Their response was not conclusive and is still an open request.
Although the idea of a warning like this is liked, it would be quite complex to create across the Boosters, as not all would need this as many small 1-45 minute could at the very least be disregarded. Thoughts are that this could be useful for the longer Boosters, but only if 50% or more of the time would not be effectively wasted.
It was also felt that most of the community would also want the option to disable this as generally we are being asked to reduce pop up's by the community in general, with many players disabling all options in the game
Right, which is why @Gargon667's variation is more difficult and I can imagine them scratching their heads up in their dev tower.

However... option 1 is a no-brainer. Have it flash up for every time instant that exceeds the total, put an option to disable the alerts. I can't imagine anyone having a problem with this, even if it is not of use to them. For others it will be very useful... and it would be the exact same routine that happens with diamonds.

Gargon667

Mentor
Right, which is why @Gargon667's variation is more difficult and I can imagine them scratching their heads up in their dev tower.

It´s not really that hard to program, but it does need programming, while the other idea needs just a copy paste in the code...

So I see no reason to not implement the basic version for the people that will be helped by it, meaning all those who never overshoot, but always leave the last minutes ticking down.

I will have to wait for a couple of hours of time by a dev to get something useful for people that always overshoot by a little :)