• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Production of Pet Food.

Jake65

Sage
It does come up in the craft rotation groups. 1650 spell fragments.
Cheaper than a Big Mac but probably tastes better ;)

Alcaro

Necromancer
I think it was suggested already more than once but I do not think it will happen. Having so many pets means you have to make smart choices which one will get food and which one(s) will starve.
I feed only 3 pets on regular basis - fire bird, polar bear and now twilight bird. Once in a blue moon I feed the Brown bear too. You just have to decide which ones are most useful.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
At this moment choosing the right pets to feed is a challenge and the better the choice, the better the advantage. Once they make pet food easily available, it'll be only the players that have the most pets that get an advantage. Effectively, making it only beneficial to paying players not the analytical ones. So personally, I like the hard core players to have some competitive advantage as well, not just paying players.
Hopefully this makes sense :D

Hekata

Artisan
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit
I don't think it was sarcasm as much as an accurate representation of how Inno devs often seem to think : That sounds like a logical thing to do, let's not and instead go with this non-sense :)

But to reply to your suggestion, as a few have already said, it's a game of strategical choices which pet to feed and when. I don't know in which chapter you are but once you finish chapter 14 and start upgrading your Timewarp it will allow you to save considerable amounts of pet food. Eventually you can cover the whole tournament with just 2. Over time the stock goes up and you can even feed some other pets from time to time. For instance during FA I feed my Aureate and Storm Phoenix and Red Panda thanks to the pet food I saved since I got the Timewarp.

Skallywag

Spellcaster
...once you finish chapter 14 and start upgrading your Timewarp it will allow you to save considerable amounts of pet food.
Is this based off of not having to feed your polar bear, or am I missing something? The polar bear only needs to be fed once per week. If you don't feed it, your recharge time in the tourney is a bit over 3 hours with a maxed out Timewarp, making it pretty inconvenient to complete the entire tourney in a single day, and therefore a single feeding of your Fire Phoenix. If you have to feed the Fire Phoenix more than once because you didn't feed the Polar Bear that defeats the purpose right?

Rather than feeding the Fire Phoenix twice, I find it more convenient to feed the Polar Bear, have zero cool down between province rounds, and just feed the Fire Phoenix once. Then complete the tourney in a couple of hours and be done with it.

Hekata

Artisan
Is this based off of not having to feed your polar bear, or am I missing something? The polar bear only needs to be fed once per week. If you don't feed it, your recharge time in the tourney is a bit over 3 hours with a maxed out Timewarp, making it pretty inconvenient to complete the entire tourney in a single day, and therefore a single feeding of your Fire Phoenix. If you have to feed the Fire Phoenix more than once because you didn't feed the Polar Bear that defeats the purpose right?

Rather than feeding the Fire Phoenix twice, I find it more convenient to feed the Polar Bear, have zero cool down between province rounds, and just feed the Fire Phoenix once. Then complete the tourney in a couple of hours and be done with it.
I said you could cover the whole tournament with 2 pet foods so that covers polar bear + Fire Chick (or 2 x Fire Chick if a player doesn't have a polar bear). That's saving pet food compared to having to feed the Fire Chick 3 times for those without TW. (I assumed that the original poster doesn't have TW but I might be wrong.) Personally I use 1,5 pet food per week since the Polar bear can cover 2 tournaments.

Skallywag

Spellcaster
I said you could cover the whole tournament with 2 pet foods so that covers polar bear + Fire Chick (or 2 x Fire Chick if a player doesn't have a polar bear). That's saving pet food compared to having to feed the Fire Chick 3 times for those without TW. (I assumed that the original poster doesn't have TW but I might be wrong.) Personally I use 1,5 pet food per week since the Polar bear can cover 2 tournaments.
OK gotcha. I do exactly the same. Always looking for new ideas!

McBratty

Enchanter
As more events offer buildings that require the use of pet food, surely the frequency at which pet food appears in the MA for crafting could be increased! Its pointless offering all these buildings if they are just sitting there unemployed and starving because we dont have enough to feed them!

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I wonder how much pet food would make players happy?

Personally, I'm ok with the current six per week but I'd be better with 18 per week that's when all my pets would be fully fed when needed.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I wonder how much pet food would make players happy?

Personally, I'm ok with the current six per week but I'd be better with 18 per week that's when all my pets would be fully fed when needed.
Remember the times people complained we got too much petfood, and they screamed for less?
You can never do it right in there eyes

some people do not understand that making choices is also an option, it's beneficial for the game as it allows new players to cash up with older players. to those I would say imagine a situation where I am always 6 pets ahead of any other player. how will that motivate them to remove me from my mountain? As it will make me king of the hill forever.
I hardly ever have pet food come up in the MA I think adding it as a crafting option a really good idea
Make sure you see all recipe pools, spend 50 diamonds to reset the timer so that it's convenient for you to see each of the daily 4 cycles.
There are plenty of opportunities each week, but if you arent online to take advantage of it you cannot get them.
also ration them well, in a good week do not spend them all, so that in a bad week you are short of petfood. you have to find your mean PT gain and set that as a hard limit in spending spree. preferably a tiny bit less than your average mean so that over time you slowly build a stock.

Last edited by a moderator:

rock stream

Scholar
If we are going to continue to have phoenixes or other live prizes in events I would suggest making pet food available in the magic academy. This would make it easier to maintain a stock.
As I only obtain 2/3 pet food a week, I simply glance at all the new or existing pet foodies and then put them in storage. The benefits of the fire phoenix and the brown bear being stuff with food haven't been matched. INNO has correct past deficiencies in CC's and spell frags, although the MA still remains stuck on producing CC's full time. Sometime in the future, when it suits them, they will provide additional ways to obtain pet feed or fractions of feed. I'm thinking :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :D