• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Prizes in the Spire

C-Nymph

Necromancer
@Geminatrix The Chess Set is still knocking about in the MA albeit it's extremely rare! :)
It'll obviously only show up there if you don't have it in your inventory yet :) But I can confirm that I just crafted two parts of the chest set in one of my cities, so it is still available!

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I don't know why they didn't just limit the Spire Library to one set per person, from the get go. This would've been only the same as they did with the chess set. No one would've minded if it started out that way. They could've made it so that if you already have the pieces then they don't appear as possible Spire prizes subsequently.

Because then there prize distribution does no longer work out.

I do not get why they did not change it to bonus +1 as that would have solved everything.
Additionally if the lore thing was a problem. they could have changed the items themselves.

Just modify the name, appearance and story to match the new building. this does nog interfere with people's game but solves all the troubles it creates. just make it the magical spire somethingy with matching buildings.

Pauly7

Magus
Because then there prize distribution does no longer work out.
Then prize distribution can be fixed. I think it's quite strange to have a set like this with an almost limitless supply being given. What if the Spire was giving us a new Fire Phoenix every week, or a new Carnival Set? OK, the Spire set is not as good, but the concept is the same.

It sounds like they may be working on a new set to replace it with anyway. Let's see what comes of that... What would be cool is if they came up with about 4 new sets that all had completely different qualities. It would take a bit longer to collect all the pieces from your chosen set, but it would be satisfying when complete.

Gargon667

Mentor
I'd like to see mana, divine seeds and bundles of relics added, even if they were a rare possibility

Mana??? You have the best mana building in the game already there. How about using that one instead of asking for another building?

BluebellLadybird

Adventurer
Mana??? You have the best mana building in the game already there. How about using that one instead of asking for another building?
When players first get started with mana it's very tough to have enough. I wasn't asking for another building but a bundle of mana 5K or 10K. It would be a help, especially now that mana is required when catering tournaments and developing players are struggling to fight the tourneys. Divine seeds are always a stretch, I am not complaining about the seeds but an occasional boost would be nice. Non boosted relics would be a nice change instead of so many KP or coin refills. If players go and do the rounds daily, there is no shortage of coin.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Then prize distribution can be fixed. I think it's quite strange to have a set like this with an almost limitless supply being given. What if the Spire was giving us a new Fire Phoenix every week, or a new Carnival Set? OK, the Spire set is not as good, but the concept is the same.

It sounds like they may be working on a new set to replace it with anyway. Let's see what comes of that... What would be cool is if they came up with about 4 new sets that all had completely different qualities. It would take a bit longer to collect all the pieces from your chosen set, but it would be satisfying when complete.

It's a choice to place building A(spire) or B (regular factories) both are limited by usability , especially since tournament now uses limited goods (mana, orcs, coins ect.) to limit your abilities, and an "unlimited amount of regular goods brings you nothing, give me 6 trillion goods and it won't help me much.
This was the original goods sink in this game. there is no other besides buying knowledge points.

The problem is 1 type of production for all, so that player Y has no chance in this game because he cannot trade his/her bonus goods for the needed "other" goods. not the fact it exist.

Adrana

Novice
I agree that you get a lot of spell fragments in the Spire, but for example me and my husband, who is also playing Elvenar, do not use Pet Food at all, so not sure that everyone would be happy about this...

Gargon667

Mentor
When players first get started with mana it's very tough to have enough. I wasn't asking for another building but a bundle of mana 5K or 10K. It would be a help, especially now that mana is required when catering tournaments and developing players are struggling to fight the tourneys. Divine seeds are always a stretch, I am not complaining about the seeds but an occasional boost would be nice. Non boosted relics would be a nice change instead of so many KP or coin refills. If players go and do the rounds daily, there is no shortage of coin.

Not sure I am following you. Do you want Mana instants? Build a Dragon Abbey and you have all the mana instants you could ever want.

And I don´t find the argument to force more mana on everybody, because a town can possibly have too little mana for the first few weeks of playing chapter 9 very convincing either. Nowadays one can use mana at least for catering, in tourneys, but I cater so few encounters so it´s not a big deal for me. But here at least I can say I could make an effort to use a bit more...

Devine seeds are absolutely no stretch at all if you have upgraded your AWs before reaching chapter 11. The only shortage of seeds I ever had was when I was running 8 sentient factories in chapter 15 while upgrading Chapter 14 AWs exclusively and quickly. But even that was easily solved by placing 20 or so Merchants/event buildings that I had loads of time to prepare for before hand.

Relics, absolutely no thank you, the tourney produces more of those than is ever possible to use up, I rather would like them to invent more possibilities to get rid of relics (same is true for seeds).

I guess what I am trying to say is: The resources you want are available in abundance already, go and get them, no need to wait for a change in the spire that is very unlikely to happen anyway...

Pauly7

Magus
Do you want Mana instants? Build a Dragon Abbey and you have all the mana instants you could ever want.
This really is the answer to most mana issues. Mana can be in short supply initially, but usually a couple of chapters later it is available in abundance. My mana total rarely sits at less than 4 million these days and I never need to place any buildings for a need for mana. Well... I have one in particular, but that's just because I think it looks cool how I have it.

Non boosted relics would be a nice change instead of so many KP or coin refills. If players go and do the rounds daily, there is no shortage of coin.
I can't agree with this one either. Granted, some people do run short of relics at any stage in the game. The best solution to this (and the mana issue) is to do better in tournaments. Going deep into tournaments will allow you to pick up much bigger numbers of EE spells... and they are your go-to mana provider, once you have a Dragon Abbey.

On the other hand, every single week I am short of coins at one stage or another, due to catering the Spire. I am very happy to see any supply or coin instant that comes my way as a prize... I even craft some of them.