• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Prepare for the Masquerade Event

DeletedUser441

Gives us another day to prepare. :)
upload_2017-8-14_12-29-14.jpeg

;)

Timneh

Artisan
This is the announcement made by Marindor on Beta

Hi everyone,

Thank you very much again for your feedback so far. Based on your thoughts about this first part of the Questline Event, we feel it's severe enough to postpone the Live release of this storyline (our aim is tomorrow afternoon) and first do something about the balancing of the quests, especially replacing the "Pay X Goods" quests. When we have more specifics, we will let you know :)

The part of that statement that worries me is the REPLACE the pay x goods quests. Are they going to adjust the figures or change the quests to something totally different ? With Inno's mentality if they replace them with something totally different the new ones might be even worse lol.

DeletedUser441

As long as it's not upgrade buildings. I can't at the moment and have no space for new builds as I don't want to sell anything.

DeletedUser4240

Hi,
it is the first time I write something on The Forum, so please be gentle and forgive me if I am wrong.Thank you for warm welcome :)
Now I am in the Dwarf section.I started with "Valentine's day" event in February. No single event ever helped me to upgrade my city or status from the beginning till now.I have several "reward-buildings" in Inventory(about 5-6), and I don't know what to do with them . I have no space for them.(is it :no money ,no space?)Several times I build up those "Rewards" and I regretted it.....because your reward-buildings take more than they give.Give us some reason to be happy for new event; not just to say :"oh, another event to do". Make the balance.This is all about this game,isn't it?We are trying to do it , so you should do it too.
Apologize in advance for Grammar or such, language errors:). English is not my mother language.
Love you all,
SummerMaya

Timneh

Artisan
This is the latest statement made on beta about the new event from Marindor.

Hi everyone!

We promised to get back to you with more specifics and we have them now :) Please allow me to sum them up for you:

- First of all: The event will only go live tomorrow. We are planning to bring the updated version to Beta as well for those of you who haven't done all the quests yet.
- Based on your early and detailed feedback, we changed all the "pay X amount of" quests to replace them with more generic quests.
- We updated few of the rewards.
- We made it easier to work around the quests requesting to start production of non boosted goods. They will require either a lot less time or a lot less factories (one of each kind of non boosted goods, even at level one will be way enough).
- We got rid of the second part of these quests so they don't include "pay X amount of goods" on top either.
- Some of the other quest have been made easier as well.
- We are applying similar principles for the second part of the event as well and based on your feedback, will not include "Pay X goods" quests in there either.

Furthermore we'd like to address your questions and concerns about the limited time we had for Beta testing this Questline Event. One of the next things that we'll be testing shortly on Beta, will be a

super secret kind of multiplayer event ;)

This feature will have totally new game mechanics and in order to have enough time to test that properly, we had to reduce the beta testing time for this QLE event. We know that this is not the ideal way to go and we do not plan to reduce the beta time in the future. It's only this time around that the conditions forced us to prioritise testing quite a fair bit.

Let me finish by thanking you all once again for giving us your valuable feedback to help us all get a better product to our Live versions. We are grateful to have you all around and for the engagement you've shown.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser

I think I'll probably sit this one out. I'm 50% through the orc and goblin chapter and the reward building is not useful for me at this point ( don't need the supplies and the culture is too low ) and would just be deleting it when I moved to the next chapter as it will not produce manna.

It's nice to see they may be getting rid of the pay product quest steps. I'd not pay product in those amounts for a reward I can't really use.

DeletedUser2233

About the building it is really gorgeous ,but not worth it .I am at the orcs chapter .Where its normal to have buildings with 3700 culture.
This is way and way to low at some 680 Really( for my chapter) ? And the supplies is a nice feature but again way and way to low to be of any use at all it wil not help it will only use my space up .Since i make 5100 supplies every 3 hours with just 1 building, this building not even give this in the 6 hours it stands .Please tell me the benefit of this building besides what i already said ,i love the building ,but that is all i think its cute ,but its not even worth to keep :( or get for that matter why not give it manna so i at least have some use for it later on in my game ?.

Aisling1

Conjurer
Oh boy, here we go again.. and the uploading of the event on the same day that the tournament begins causes all sorts of glitches.. okay.. log in, log out, and clear cache sorts 90%..That's one problem.. but why do they do so many upgrades at the start of the tourney, instead of waiting..???

and Yeah, the first few "quests" are crazy easy.. well, if you trade.. buy from the wholesaler etc..
And here we go..
10 x 9 hr production runs, Tier I.. I have only 6 manufactories.. and am not always online so this is.. min 36 hrs. .. more like 48..

And the prize.. wait... wait for it.. something called an instant.. and.. I get three of them.. and they each give me 10 mins off a production run.. that's a total of 30 mins, if I put it all into the one production run.. It's like the builder.. why on earth would I ask anyone to click the builder when they could donate to the MH or polish my culture???

These are not the instants they tested on me that I approved, these "instants" are useless, please bring back kps and shards..
Yet another Event that I will ignore as being a money pit.. but this time.. so obvious.. do they actually think that we who play the game can't add???

I believe they give away 1 minute and 3 minute ones aswell.. anything below 5 mins tends to cost 4 diamonds.. and who is ever in that much of a hurry????

SummerJoya

Alchemist
I have several "reward-buildings" in Inventory(about 5-6), and I don't know what to do with them . I have no space for them.(is it :no money ,no space?)Several times I build up those "Rewards" and I regretted it.....because your reward-buildings take more than they give.
SummerMaya
Perhaps, instead of these magnificent buildings, they could reward a space or both of them. Which would surely encourage the multiplayer game. I see a bigger problem in that I do not have the space to reorganize buildings, if at that time I could include these beautiful buildings. I realize that all these buildings can not be in the city. If I already expect the competition to be able to replace these prizes / buildings appropriately in a space I never have. At the end of the day, we will only accumulate these awards in our storehouses.

Happy gaming ;)

SummerJoya

DeletedUser3781

+ Buildings look nice and it's good that they give mana
+ It's great that you reacted to beta players feedback and changed some quests
+ also great you got rid of the pay things quests
+ I loled at 1 minute instants but they're still a better reward than relics

- too soon after the last event
- buildings don't have much value to cities below woodelves
- producing non-boosted goods for events might make it harder to explain to people why it is better to produce only your boosted goods

DeletedUser129

So I got to the produce some non boosted goods and decided I'm not even going to bother with this event, No doubt won't be able to complete the event anyways,unless spend serious amounts of cash. And that aside don't even have the space to put down the building, I still have some in inventory from previous event

DeletedUser66

It is all good and well that the Elvenar team is 'consistently' producing these events for their community but it has come to a point where valuable resources from the development team are now being squandered on these events.

Allow me to present to you Exhibit A:
vD2uiTJ.png

It is commonly known among the players in this community that building non-boosted manufactories is a waste of time, resources and space. Sure, it'll take me a few seconds to put up 3 Steel and 3 Plank manufactories and a further 3 hours to achieve the requirements for this quest (I am boosted in Marble). Then of course delete the 6 buildings as they are not needed in my city. I don't understand the point here? These actions required from a player seem pretty much redundant and goes against the way players should be building their cities.
When Elvenar was designed, it was designed specifically to have only one goods building in each tier to be boosted. It is efficient to build only your boosted goods and also gives us the opportunity to trade our boosted goods for non-boosted goods. But with these recent events given to the community - you have gone directly against your own design.

Let's check out Exhibit B:
obzZn4K.png

The building seems to yield insufficient benefits. I'm literally at the end of the Woodelves chapter and I would gain this prize in the Woodelves chapter unfortunately. But when I have access to the Arcane library which is 3 squares larger, a non-premium culture building would be a better use of space in my city than an event prize. My idea of an event building would be giving benefits slightly higher than the buildings in the next chapter for the player. This allows the player to keep the building for a longer period of time before deleting it. They cannot be upgraded so diamonds spent on an event to gain such prizes will eventually be a waste.

Onto Exhibit C:
GDJLe2C.png

The coin and supply instants, yes they are cool to have. I have magic residences and magic workshops so I am never out of coin or supplies. However, the time reduction instants are pretty much worthless to most players. Perhaps one day when I have gathered 4000 x 1 minute reduction instants, maybe then I will use them. A decent instant would be something that reduces 30 minutes or an hour or two off an allocated time in the game.

Not that I enjoy complaining about certain aspects of this game, I really enjoy Elvenar, but damn, some of these events can become really frustrating even after the fact that the communities across all Elvenar language servers have shared very similar feedback that I have with you. Yet, not much is changed or done about it. Your beta, EN and US forums have a lot more negative than positive feedback about your events on them - there are reasons for this.

Anyway - Take care!

DeletedUser3781

Sure, it'll take me a few seconds to put up 3 Steel and 3 Plank manufactories and a further 3 hours to achieve the requirements for this quest (I am boosted in Marble). Then of course delete the 6 buildings as they are not needed in my city. I don't understand the point here? These actions required from a player seem pretty much redundant and goes against the way players should be building their cities.

I think the point is to even out things between players with various boosts. In earlier events, many of us built 1st lvl boosted factories to do the quests (because putting your normal factories to one day production is a waste). That created disadvantage for elven steel players and human steel and planks players, as their factories are 2x2 while the rest was 2x1 or 1x2.
Producing unboosted materials deals with this problem, but I think the better way would be to adjust amounts needed (say, marble players would have to produce two times more than steel players).
There might also be another reason for it, as on beta it was hinted some big changes are approaching that might make it beneficial to have some low level non-boosted factories. But no details were given so I would hold judgement on this one until we know more.

DeletedUser66

I think the point is to even out things between players with various boosts. In earlier events, many of us built 1st lvl boosted factories to do the quests (because putting your normal factories to one day production is a waste). That created disadvantage for elven steel players and human steel and planks players, as their factories are 2x2 while the rest was 2x1 or 1x2.
Producing unboosted materials deals with this problem, but I think the better way would be to adjust amounts needed (say, marble players would have to produce two times more than steel players).
There might also be another reason for it, as on beta it was hinted some big changes are approaching that might make it beneficial to have some low level non-boosted factories. But no details were given so I would hold judgement on this one until we know more.

Why are things being complicated then with such requirements in the first place? Instead of having, for example, 5 x 1 day productions which can be completed in 1 day because most players would have roughly 5 manufactories for their boosted goods. Why not rather have 20 x 3 hour which would roughly take a day or more?

This is also dependent on where you are in the game. All 1st tier manufactories at level 23 for both Elves and Humans are 6x3 or 3x6. Surely a once in a blue moon 1 day production being done on your regular manufactories wouldn't hinder progress to the extent you would be stuck. I've done this on previous events, which have included 2 day productions and I still managed to finish the events without a hassle.

There is one heck of a discussion on the beta forums about sizes of manufactories at low levels and players building level 1s of these to complete quests. Adding non-boosted good requirements to the event quests is not a solution to even out the playing field when they could have found other ways to address the problem. And I may add, a problem that does not need to be fixed because players are choosing to complete quests by building level 1 manufactories. This is a player problem, not a game design problem.
Either remove such a requirement or adjust the amounts of lower time productions so it takes longer to complete.

The beta CM did mention some super secret multiplayer event coming soon. I would assume it would be very similar to tournaments and I would also assume it has something to do with the map that was posted on the Elvenar Facebook page.
A multiplayer event, would most likely be a fellowship based event like tournaments, it cannot be neighborhood based since that just doesn't work and the reason why tournaments changed to fellowship based.
I am in a very active fellowship, I am boosted in marble, gems and silk. I would not need to have non-boosted manufactories in my city because my fellowship members will have these in their cities as they will have them as boosted. It is balanced like this.
If anything, it would be beneficial to have non-boosted manufactories in your cities, this is most likely targeted to those with smaller less active fellowships.