• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Premium expansions

• Thread starter DeletedUser8901
  • Start date

DeletedUser8901

I purchased 1000 diamonds in order to buy two expansions priced at 450. Bought the first and the next one immediately went up to 750!! Meaning I haven’t got enough for the second purchase.
If I wait will this reset back to 450 like the trader?

DeletedUser8901

Thank you for answering, not what I wanted to hear though. I am a new player, only a couple of months, and i had one of those 100% offers when I had only been playing a matter of weeks. Unfortunately, being new, I had no idea that diamonds were impossible to get when you used the 500 you were given at the start. So I didn’t take it up, regret that now it’s too late. See no reason why the price keeps going up, it seems very unfair.

dbrad000

Alchemist
Diamonds aren't impossible to get outside of purchasing them; they're just rare. Being a new player, you are likely a long way from the guest races, but you can get diamonds at the end of each guest race chapter. And in the events that occur every couple of months (such as the current Summer Solstice event), you can try to grab some Wishing Wells; they have a random chance of giving diamonds.

DeletedUser3097

Another thing to know is that using Diamonds is only one way of obtaining expansions. You can also get them through Research or from expanding on the World Map.

DeletedUser2116

I am currently on the second chapter of the Game and I have 25 City Expansions left that I can never acquire unless I PAY for them by buying diamonds of which the cost thereof is more than what a New Computer costs. If the price to expand is so ridiculously high no-one with any sense would buy.
I have a full Fellowship of 25 Members Ranked in the top 30 and we did a survey, all our members have refused to buy at some rip off pricing hence a loose loose situation. If however the price was fair, everyone of our 25 members would be happy to buy diamonds.
We all have agreed that the owners of the game would sell more and make a lot more money if they considered this option.

DeletedUser3097

I am currently on the second chapter of the Game and I have 25 City Expansions left that I can never acquire unless I PAY for them by buying diamonds of which the cost thereof is more than what a New Computer costs. If the price to expand is so ridiculously high no-one with any sense would buy.
I have a full Fellowship of 25 Members Ranked in the top 30 and we did a survey, all our members have refused to buy at some rip off pricing hence a loose loose situation. If however the price was fair, everyone of our 25 members would be happy to buy diamonds.
We all have agreed that the owners of the game would sell more and make a lot more money if they considered this option.
There are three different types of Expansions available on Elvenar. Currently there are:
  • 24 City (Research) Expansions which cost nothing
  • 27 Province Expansions which you obtain by exploring the World Map and cost nothing
  • 33 Premium Expansions which are obtained by spending Diamonds
You do not need to spend real life money to expand your city on Elvenar, but the option is there for people who choose to do so.

For more information about Expansions, please read our Elvenar Wiki!

DeletedUser2116

Hi Dizzie Lizzie,
Firstly a typo in my previous message which should read, "I am on my second LAST chapter" and cannot expand further unless I buy diamonds to acquire my last 25 expansions needed for my City. It is so sad that after spending years playing this game and building my City and reasonable money already spent I am confronted and disadvantaged by being penalised to expand further. I cannot acquire expansions via Research nor World Map Provence's as I have exhausted all allowed. SO the last 25 expansions desperately needed to grow my City further can never be acquired unless I spend MANY HUNDREDS of EURO which is NOT affordable for most.

My point previously was make those compulsory paid Premium Expansions more affordable and many would take advantage of it thus yourselves would generate greater income. Think about it and do the sums and please revert to me on this as I and many of my 25 Fellowship members would then take advantage of.
Tim (ArchMage)

Timneh

Artisan
THe cost of premium expansions has been mentioned on here loads of times and there has never been any response from INNO (that i know of). It seemes that they would rather sell a few expansions at a very high cost rather than sell a larger number at a more reasonable cost. I used to buy diamonds for expansions but when they increased the price i vowed never to buy diamonds again and i never have, nor will i in the future.
The thing that puzzles me about the price is why it goes up as you progress through the game. Do INNO think that people earn more money because they are advancing through the game ? I have never been into any shop where the price of a item increases every time you buy one. IMO all premium expansions should be the same price.
To buy all available premium expansions costs 156000 diamonds, buying the largest packages still means it will need over 14 packages at £74.99 each which is a total of £1049.86. I can think of hundreds of things i would rather spend that amount of money on.

DeletedUser2116

THe cost of premium expansions has been mentioned on here loads of times and there has never been any response from INNO (that i know of). It seemes that they would rather sell a few expansions at a very high cost rather than sell a larger number at a more reasonable cost. I used to buy diamonds for expansions but when they increased the price i vowed never to buy diamonds again and i never have, nor will i in the future.
The thing that puzzles me about the price is why it goes up as you progress through the game. Do INNO think that people earn more money because they are advancing through the game ? I have never been into any shop where the price of a item increases every time you buy one. IMO all premium expansions should be the same price.
To buy all available premium expansions costs 156000 diamonds, buying the largest packages still means it will need over 14 packages at £74.99 each which is a total of £1049.86. I can think of hundreds of things i would rather spend that amount of money on.

I agree with you 100% hence the reason why I posted my message and with that kind of money I would rather upgrade my ageing laptop with a new one.
Dizzie Lizzie being a Forum Moderator and part of the Elvenar Team stated the following "You do not need to spend real life money to expand your city on Elvenar, but the option is there for people who choose to do so."
I believe that she and the Elvenar Team are totally out of touch with reality.
Elvenar is a great relaxing no pressure game but sadly I would never recommend the game to anyone due to their crazy pricing.

Timneh

Artisan
Dizzie Lizzie being a Forum Moderator and part of the Elvenar Team stated the following "You do not need to spend real life money to expand your city on Elvenar, but the option is there for people who choose to do so."
I believe that she and the Elvenar Team are totally out of touch with reality.

To be fair it is completely out of the control of DizzyLizzie. Yes she is a member of the Elvenar team but she has no say in what the devs do, all she can do is pass on comments from here to the devs and game designers and then it is up to them if they take notice or not. Her roll is to pass on information from the devs to the players and from players back to the devs and to keep things in order on the forum.

DeletedUser2116

Agreed, however the more people that complain about the rip off diamond cost to expand the developers may eventually sit up, listen and do something. If we the people don't complain how will they know that there is a problem. It may give them some food for thought.

m4rt1n

Adept
They must sell enough unfortunately, or the price would have been reduced I feel.

Expansions are out of my price range also now. :(

DeletedUser3097

a typo in my previous message which should read, "I am on my second LAST chapter"
One word makes a lot of difference! My answer to you would have been quite a lot different with that word added.

Paladestar

Enchanter
Another thing to know is that using Diamonds is only one way of obtaining expansions. You can also get them through Research or from expanding on the World Map.

That might have been the case before you added the new row of 12 expansions. Before that, you could buy diamonds to get the whole grid faster, or be patient and buy 21 premium expansions and work for the rest, instead of buying all 33. The new row of 12 tiles can only be bought with diamonds, 129K of them, which is a lot of money, or 260 Wishing wells if you're super patient!

Julian

Sorcerer
My guess is they have created space for expansions in future chapters.

Pauly7

Magus
The price things cost is crazy, sure, but for me I don't see the premium purchases as part of the standard game. They are things that allow those people willing to spend to get advances beyond and faster than the normal game. It is the same with any online game I think. In the same way those people with deep pockets can buy themselves Fellowship Adventures (for example). You can spend tons of money to keep up or you can choose to play the standard game.

m4rt1n

Adept
I really hope the 2 rows and columns to be added in the future are not just extra premium for the wealthy players.
I understand Inno may make some premium to gain revenue, but please keep it at no more than 20% of them. :)