• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Battle Pre-battle reconnaissance

DeletedUser

[Summary] - Possibility to check combat terrain

[Details] - I'd like to see what will the terrain of the combat look like. I have to ideas:
  1. It will cost coins and resources to scout the area (cost would increase with the distance and decrease with adv. scouting technologies)
  2. The new unit: scout. It would be able to perform reconnaissance mission. Maybe there would be only a chance that hill reveal the combat area (maybe a chance it'll reveal only a portion of this area and a chance it'll be killed). Maybe the more scouts you'll send, the more likely it would be to reveal more portion of the map and less likely to be killed.[/B]
[Reasons for implementing] - How many times have you sent sth like 1 sword and 4 archers only to find that terrain obstacles make it impossible to move units and prevent them from taking damage?
It would be sth like investment: if you'll scout the area, you'll be able to deploy your troops in better configuration (2 swords instead of 1, swords take the rightmost spot etc.) and probably you'll lose less troops thus saving those resources you have spent on reconnaissance.

[Impact on other game features] Depending on the chosen option:
    • Modifying the adv. scouts technologies so it would apply to reconnaissance cost
    • new option in the negotiate/fight window
    • New unit - scout (it could be used also as a unit to scout new provinces)
    • New technologies: for scouts, for adv. scouts, maybe for improving them somehow
    • Barracks: it would probably be the place to train scouts