• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

City Potential culture changes

DeletedUser

I find that far too many of my buildings are cultural buildings. It's annoying as it's using up too much of my space (space that I could be used more efficiently i.e more residences, manufactories etc). Even with the high amount of cultural buildings taking up my space, I'm having trouble hitting high cultural bonuses - it's a struggle maintaining 150% without neighbourhood aid.

I think that you should either be able to upgrade your cultural buildings (considering this game is about evolution!!) I'm just a bit confused as to why you're unable to upgrade cultural buildings beyond what they are, given the fact that you can upgrade everything else with research. Or, possibly incorporating a different cultural system which requires using less culture for building and/or upgrading. My city is starting to look on the messy side with this swarm of cultural buildings. Many of my neighbours are inactive, excluding a few, which makes it even more of a task to maintain the required culture.

I fear the outlook of my town will look pretty bleak in terms of culture if it continues this way.

DeletedUser23

You don't need to have a high cultural bonus though. Throughout the Beta I maintained 160% and yeah it got difficult in the end because of the amount of buildings needed. But now I'm not bothered; will just keep 100/125% and it's fine, a lot more space for other buildings.

DeletedUser

I'll keep the fight going for culture now, not given up on it just yet. I'd still like to see some changes though, it almost seems irrelevant to have culture so high if it's going to be even tougher..

DeletedUser

:),Belive me ,now i am on 125% culture bonus,that means I have 25% bonus,is not like in FoE for example,where the happines can be 80% and to have -20% bonus,that why here the cultural building no need to be upgraded,always will be >100% :),and of course u have option to fight for expansions,to research and to buy some with diamond,if u want to have always 170% bonus :)

DeletedUser

I understand all that, it's just I dislike the current system as it is that's all. Some minor changes here and there would be enough. And while it may be unnecessary for culture buildings to be upgraded, it's something I'd like to see. After all, you can evolve everything else so it would be a nice addition to see cultural buildings being able to evolve with the town.

DeletedUser

yes u will like to see upgrades on cultural building,but if developers will make that,but for compensation will decresease the cultural level to have -culture,u will be forced to do many upgrades and to have the same nuber of cultural building like now,like on FoE,.this will not be so nice.Anyway,u dont want to belive is not need such an upgrade cuz always the culture will be minim 100%,if want much bonus just buy more expansion and build as many cultural buildings u need for maxim bonus,or be patient to have active player on your neighbor to motivate your buildings for double culture :)

DeletedUser

I think you're confusing a few if my points I was trying to make. I'm finding it difficult understanding what you're saying, but I understand English isn't your first language.

I'll try to put this simply; the developers don't necessarily have to decrease the cultural level, they can decide on it according to their own judgments. The second one is that I DO want to see an upgrade due to the fact the game is about evolving. I would like to see the cultural buildings EVOLVE with the town, rather than them looking exactly the same as they did. Now this is the point (THE AMOUNT OF CULTURE THAT A CULTURAL BUILDING GIVES YOU DOESN'T HAVE TO INCREASE WITH EVOLUTION. The logical step would be the contrary. It's more about the look of the town with this particular issue I have.)

DeletedUser

I'd also like to see upgrades to cultural buildings. There would probably be less upgrades to them than to other buildings (like one upgrade every technological "era"). It would probably be quite expensive and need more space after the upgrade. Maybe it would even change the shape (maybe to some "unusual", tetris-like shape - just to be more difficult and interesting).
The point is that having upgraded city leaves early cultural building look outdated.

DeletedUser98

You don't need to have a high cultural bonus though. Throughout the Beta I maintained 160% and yeah it got difficult in the end because of the amount of buildings needed. But now I'm not bothered; will just keep 100/125% and it's fine, a lot more space for other buildings.

I am bothered if I don't hit 150% though. 50% addition to current supplies and gold production is better than having to build another supplies or gold building that just adds a small fraction of what can be achieved when you get the cultural bonus.

DeletedUser23

I am bothered if I don't hit 150% though. 50% addition to current supplies and gold production is better than having to build another supplies or gold building that just adds a small fraction of what can be achieved when you get the cultural bonus.

Yeah it all depends on the statistics at the end of the day. When you get to the higher tech tree, it takes a lot more buildings to maintain a culture bonus. But yeah even though it can take a lot of space for culture buildings; you'd need 25 or 50% more of every building to match it in income.

I just got fed up of having to keep moving the city around to accommodate different cultural buildings, always having to leave space free specifically for more when I needed it etc. I'll probably do what I'm not doing on Beta, to get everything unlocked and then see how much space I have and how much I need for the buildings I want, then fill the rest with culture and see what bonus I have.