• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Portal tracks - separate or overlayed on existing paths?

Bind

Seeker
Hi folks, I have just placed the dwarven portal. I understand that the various dwarven manufactories need to be connected via the portal tracks but do these need to be separate entities or can I place them over existing paths?

FieryArien

Necromancer
Separate entities. Tracks can’t share the square they are built on with anything else (it would be cool to have them crossing our regular road, but it’s not possible). Also track and road can’t be combined in one path.

Dwarves have a separate sub-city in your city. Their portal serves them the same purpose as your main hall serves you. Their tracks connect their buildings to the portal just like your roads connect your buildings to your main hall. Except connecting their portal to your main hall (using regular roads), they really distance themselves from you. ;)

cwgiii

Shaman
I believe that these are separate and cannot be placed over existing paths. Although, it has been a while since I was in the Dwaves chapter.

Pauly7

Magus
Separate entities. Tracks can’t share the square they are built on with anything else (it would be cool to have them crossing our regular road, but it’s not possible)
I never thought of that, but wouldn't that be awesome if you could cross the dwarven tracks over a road and it automatically created a little level crossing, maybe with some lights!

FieryArien

Necromancer
I never thought of that, but wouldn't that be awesome if you could cross the dwarven tracks over a road and it automatically created a little level crossing, maybe with some lights!
But what about those accidents! Would you believe Inno to teach pedestrians to look around before entering such a crossing? Though ... I’d be curious if they’d manage to make a cute or funny animation of such an accident. Their graphic dept. is just awesome.

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
You already have been well guided!

Try to settle a space aside for your guest races. Over time, you will need a bigger settlement, but you will also gain provinces through completing provinces, and in your research tree. A little example from a dwarven city:

sub.JPG

You can see how the player connected the road to the Dwarven Portal Level 4, and everything else is connected via tracks. For a starters, this player might have enough, but as you go through chapters, you are going to need a lot more space!

The good thing is that you will manage to always have the "settlement area".

Psss, psss: Between chapters, once you sell your entire settlement, consider re-arranging your city to prepare it for next chapter, it will make your life easier! Have fun, and don't hesite to ask any questions you come up with!