• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Portal Profit

Breena99

Seeker
Hi guys,
I'm quite a new player and also play solo. I have just finished Dwarves (which I actually enjoyed) and have Portal Profit left over in my instants. Just wondering if using it up by building roads to gain culture is my only option? I assume it cannot be carried forward to the next chapter and used in my Fairy Portal?
Thanks in advance.

FieryArien

Necromancer
First of all - congrats on finishing your first guest race chapter!
As for PP spells: keep them. They do give you dwarves goods at the moment, but once you research Advanced Scouts in the Fairies chapter, they’ll switch to Fairies goods.
In other words PP spells are universal. They always give the guest race goods of your current chapter.

Breena99

Seeker
Thanks a million for your reply FieryArien. That's great news, I now have a little extra going into Fairies. Looking forward to my next chapter.

FieryArien

Necromancer
There’s something new for you in the Fairies chapter: uncapped guest race goods.
The PP spell only gives you goods which storage is limited by the Portal capacity (it makes sense - it gives a percentage and that can only be computed when there is some “maximum” defined). Therefore you won’t get any uncapped goods by using your PP spells.
Another tricky part is that you need to upgrade your Portal to higher levels in order to have at least some capacity for the capped goods. Until you do that the PP spells won’t give you that resource at all.
I’m sure you’ll figure it out. This is just an early warning that things will get a bit more complicated in the next chapter. ;)

Breena99

Seeker
I'm having great fun learning as I go along. I try to find answers to my questions by checking out previous threads on the Forum and by using Gems of Knowledge etc. Early warnings are brilliant - forewarned is forearmed! Thanks again. :)

Timneh

Artisan
I would suggest that you hold onto the PP spells until you have fully upgraded the portal, that way the PP spell gives you more goods. As @FieryArien said they give a percentage of the amount you can store, as you upgrade the portal you can store more so get more from the PPspells. I hope that makes sense.

Breena99

Seeker
Thank you Timneh, makes perfect sense. Looking forward to entering Fairies now - lots of new challenges. :)

Pauly7

Magus
I would suggest that you hold onto the PP spells until you have fully upgraded the portal, that way the PP spell gives you more goods.
Unless you have lots to spare and you don't want to build the peripheral buildings at all. I don't think that applies to fairies as you probably need to be making some sunflowers and wotnot to do the upgrade, but in chapters 13 and 14 I upgraded my portals with the PP spells.

Breena99

Seeker
Thank you for the advice Pauly7. I tend to hold on to stuff like PP until I really have to use it and because I'm still a novice, until I have actually figured out what some things are for :rolleyes: Everyone is so helpful and friendly. I was a bit apprehensive about posting my question because the answer was probably obvious to everyone but me but the response has been great. Thank you everyone. :)

Pauly7

Magus
Thank you for the advice Pauly7. I tend to hold on to stuff like PP until I really have to use it and because I'm still a novice, until I have actually figured out what some things are for :rolleyes:
It's a good way to look at it. In the case of PP spells though, they will become less important as a resource in the later chapters. From chapter 15 onwards they don't let you get all the way through the chapter on PPs. You will also (probably) find that once you get up to about chapter 12 you will have tons of the things. (In my inventory right now I have over 500 5% spells, over 200 10% and quite a lot of all the others. However, you are right - before the point that you find yourself swimming in them it's best to keep a few aside for those moments when you have a good reason to boost through a research quickly (like an event quest).

Breena99

Seeker
Thanks Pauly7 - I hope I make it to Chapter 15 - seems like a long way off :D You have a LOT of stuff in your inventory!

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Great going, @Breena99

You will find a quest that the Dwarves announce they will take all their stuff with them. When you change to fairies, you will see fairies resources. However, while you can't see your prior settlement resources (copper and granite in your case), you will still hold these. They really don't make a difference whether you have more or less of them.

For some roads, you will need settlement resources, for others you don't. You might only need them if you are in fairies, gain a new province, and you prefer to use Dwarven Street tiles (500 granite, 10 copper per tile, plus tools and gold of course), you still will be able to build them if you have them stored.

As a player, I choose to build ALL the roads from that race before I take down my settlements.

About PPs, there is nothing I can add that hasn't be said already. With normal gameplay, you will have always a good supply of them, like @Pauly7 said, you will have a host of them ;)

And you will surely make it. We all right click a residence or whatever building and wonder how we are going to fit it in... but we all manage, so as impossible as it looks like, you will manage. A small tip: Make city re-arrangement and plan ahead the changes on your buildings before setting up the next settlement.

Breena99

Seeker
Thank you Anonglitch for the additional info. I am learning lots. I was planning on re-arranging my city before I get into Fairies proper - I'm sure I'll probably need advice on that too :D I like changing things around and try to plan a little ahead - I could probably plan further ahead but I am in no hurry and am enjoying the journey.