• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Population issues

• Thread starter DeletedUser3016
  • Start date

DeletedUser2886

Did you consider providing the dev with feedback? Odd though, as I have found that my numbers are almost perfect, if they are off it is mostly due to my own input. Often with the wrong level of event buildings, guest race placing or incorrect level roads. I have been using the tool since it has become available. It is a great help - for me at least. Each to their own I guess.

As for how the buildings expand, I struggled with that too... until I learnt how to read the pictures. Not being facetious, it is all the worked for me. Other than the Wiki.
My input is fine because I am very meticulous with things like that (the same as when playing rpgs I check every nook and cranny) and double check everything afterwards. You can't see how a building will expand if you have no space. You need the space available in the city for the upgrade to "start" and show you the size.

That being said...no I didn't send elvenarchitect an email because it wasn't a high enough priority for me. I only need that program for planning new layouts of the city and seeing the shapes of the buildings, not the "report" numbers. And it's ok I didn't think you were being facetious. This reply is a perfectly normal, non sarcastic reply

DeletedUser3034

Gandolfus wasnt trying to keep "harmony in the community" though.
Care to explain this statement?

A short post of how to read the pictures is helpful to those who haven't figured it out yet. Showing folk how something they may be struggling with is promoting harmony and relieving the frustration some may have with building expansions.

DeletedUser1265

My input is fine because I am very meticulous with things like that (the same as when playing rpgs I check every nook and cranny) and double check everything afterwards. You can't see how a building will expand if you have no space. You need the space available in the city for the upgrade to "start" and show you the size.

That being said...no I didn't send elvenarchitect an email because it wasn't a high enough priority for me. I only need that program for planning new layouts of the city and seeing the shapes of the buildings, not the "report" numbers. And it's ok I didn't think you were being facetious. This reply is a perfectly normal, non sarcastic reply

Awesome, thanks. Next time I input a city I will take note of the numbers. And if there is a discrepancy I will send an e-mail. I am planning for woodelves now so I will double check the report, as I do use it quite often, especially when planning how much resources are required to upgrade roads, as I will only sell the guest race buildings once I have the needed resources.

DeletedUser3034

The response was NEVER intended to start a flame war, it was meant as clarification and explanation of how a buildings footprint is expanded.
I will give this a shot, thank you for the clarification @gandolfus
and it seems others appreciated it.
The actual post:

Changing ?x? to AxB for clarity here.

A is the left to right size (slightly skewed, not squared on screen) and B is front to back. The building will be expanded with the upper right corner used as the anchor.

Hope this helps everyone.

Sarcastic? You be the judge.
Meant to start a war? You be the judge.

DeletedUser1265

Sarcastic? You be the judge.
Meant to start a war? You be the judge.

May I be devil's advocate here and suggest that we let this one go or take it to a PM? As continuing down this vein is only going to create further discord and derail the conversation, which could result in a war, which doesn't benefit anyone or the purpose of the forum. As a new poster I will probably disregard the thread entirely and potentially lose out on valuable information.

Yes, I appreciate the clarification, as I wasn't sure what variables were involved. However, could I humbly request that we keep the thread on topic?

And no, I don't want to judge. I just want to benefit from engaging with the information provided on the forum, without getting antagonistic.

DeletedUser2886

everytime I go to post a new reply it has what I partially typed before greyed out. does anyone know how to stop that from appearing altogether? a way to delete it?

DeletedUser3034

Yes.
Above the typing box, to the right , the disk icon, lets you delete your 'drafts' this is the grey stuff

DeletedUser3097

Thank you gandolfus for a speedy and constructive answer to Nezkeys79's problem :)