• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Poll: Orcs In Province Negotiations

Should Orcs be used in Negotiations?

• Remove Orcs From Negotiations Completely

Votes: 48 57.1%
  • Keep Orcs On Negotiations And Leave The Game As It Is

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Have Orcs In Negotiations, But Only For Those Who In The Orc Chapter

Votes: 29 34.5%

• Total voters

DeletedUser1925

Also why do you need barracks & armory level 150? If it takes DAYS to scout province?

DeletedUser

I noticed from the first 2 weeks of playing this game, that the combats were difficult and my troops were wiped out rapidly, now I'm encountering provinces in all directions with enemy squads of 300 or more, facing my pitiful 152 that just die until I run out and have to spend weeks rebuilding. I'm stuck with provinces I can't negotiate my way through, not because of orcs (that's only affecting a single province so far) but because the resources simply aren't available. I find myself cursing that I was boost for gems, because all traders showing up on the post are gem boost too.
I doubt the devs consider what happens to the playerbase who stays, when simply too many leave to make up the alternative resources for a solid trade system.

Sounds like you might benefit from an active fellowship. I used to trade almost exclusively with neighbours in both worlds, putting up 3 star trades until I found good fellowships.

Additionally, I am sad to learn that the gorgeous fairy buildings, are being replaced with .. orc buildings. Might as well quit before I have to see someone go through that?

Haha, well that's a matter of debate. I dislike dwarf buildings and the fairy ones are so garish they make me feel sick of a morning, but I actually like the orc ones, even if I like nothing else about orcs :D They'll be replaced by whatever the next race is though, so not really a great issue of concern :) I do think it would be nice if we could choose the style of at least some of the buildings though.

Deleted User - 13667

well said, Sloth!

With each upgrade, you get just another look to make your city look like everyone else's. Be it in early or late game. Looks more like some drones. Hardly anything worth zooming in to view

Minor differences in race and placing buildable plots of land not taken into account of coz.

DeletedUser632

Looks to me like this is also a way to block people in the event summer solstice , gain relics !
With a map full of orcs ?? A map full of provinces that are useless!
It's like said before.. the game isn't that much fun anymore , thinking of quitting too.
I've spend enough in this game and I'm done spending money for this crap.
Mark my words, the orcs will not easily disappear , they are a way to let people pay....too bad there are a lot of opposite responses which means that paying players stop playing !
Well done !

DeletedUser803

so , according to the poll 92.3% aren't in favour- a clear majority.

DeletedUser219

Not quite true @suewho , 57% are not in favour, 35.4 do not mind the addition if orcs are available.
Even with the small sample, this poll is bearing out my observations of how people accept forced change in Real Life.
  • A majority reject it out of hand.
  • A majority of the remainder accept it as long as it doesn't affect them.
  • Those that accept it freely are usually those for whom it has no immediate negative effect.
When I was young (so much younger than today) I KNEW change was necessary, and I couldn't figure out why the adults didn't make things happen, and most of my peers felt the same way (ah, the joys of the 60's). Then things began to change very rapidly, and not always for the better (not going to go into the technological, political, and cultural changes of the last 50 years, ask your grandparents), and I saw my peers start drifting away from the idea of a different world, and taking their children (and now their grandchildren) with them.
News Flash:
  • Change WILL happen.
  • You will never be able to completely control it, and rarely have any direct control at all.
  • You CAN control how it will affect you (life lessons by PM only).
The only time popular outcry has ever stopped or ameliorated change in society is when that outcry was part of the original agenda. I would say the same may well be true here.

DeletedUser

I'll indulge in an bit of stereotyping, to demonstrate a fundamental truth.
  • 13 year olds drive me crazy, because they have finally become AWARE enough of their surroundings to understand that the world is a mess.
  • They're ALMOST as bad as the Sophomores, who know the answers to EVERYTHING, but don't yet understand the questions.
Simply going through the grinder of having kids, a job, and then grandkids, rounds off some of the sharp edges.
But - sometimes - you almost wish you were 20 again. BANKS - She's still got edges that scratch. Yum.

DeletedUser

I would also say that this poll only shows what the forum users think and the forum users are only a small proportion of the numbers who actually play. I would say that although just over half of those who voted want the orcs removed from negotiations totally (which I don't believe will happen) most of the people who play don't care one way or the other because if they did they would have found the forum and added their vote. Also just 65 people have voted, meaning that although many more people are registered on the forum, most don't have a strong enough opinion to vote, or maybe they don't think it will make any difference, or don't do online polls, or whatever reason it may be that has stopped them from participating in the poll.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure I am but this is just my opinion.

DeletedUser

I would also say that this poll only shows what the forum users think and the forum users are only a small proportion of the numbers who actually play. I would say that although just over half of those who voted want the orcs removed from negotiations totally (which I don't believe will happen) most of the people who play don't care one way or the other because if they did they would have found the forum and added their vote. Also just 65 people have voted, meaning that although many more people are registered on the forum, most don't have a strong enough opinion to vote, or maybe they don't think it will make any difference, or don't do online polls, or whatever reason it may be that has stopped them from participating in the poll.

Your're wrong. ;)

Saying the result is meaningless is facetious at best. Statistically meaningless? Sure. Indicative? Definitely.
I have had this discussion before, you could claim the results show a bias due to possibly (although you would have to prove this) the majority of forum users being the angry ones, that still wouldn't give you the right to dismiss it.

Provide sound logic to support
"most of the people who play don't care one way or the other because if they did they would have found the forum and added their vote"

The above statement has about as much gravity as my guesswork of
"The poll would have had 200 full negatives or more, if the people who did not like it had voted, rather than just quit"

Both sound reasonable and are entirely unprovable and entirely opinion based.

P.S. "It is just my opinion" does not let you off having to have a sound basis for what you say. If it was, we would have to listen to people against vaccination, instead of pointing out they are idiots.

Deleted User - 106219

Well, let's see:
* There are the inactive players - since they no longer play they no longer care
* Many players don't even know about the Orcs limitation or how it will affect them because they are not that far yet
* Many others don't even know the forum exists
* Many of the forum users are likely no longer active because they left the game
* There are also those that haven't even seen this thread
* Then there are those who do not post because other people have already said what they would. Their thinking is along the lines of "No point making a post just to say 'Ditto' or 'What he said', or some such - I won't contribute anything new to the discussion".
* There are also people who do not post because they believe that INNO doesn't care about what the players think
* Last, but not least, are those who "voted" by leaving the game - some of them might have posted on the forums before leaving, but others just left without a word

So plenty of reasons why such a small number of people voted in the poll, but that doesn't mean the results are invalid and should be ignored.

DeletedUser

First off, please do point out to me where I said that the results were "meaningless", also nowhere have I said that the results are invalid and should be ignored.

I'm not stating anything from a position of this or that is true and there is no other argument, I am merely stating what I think! Isn't this what a discussion should be? For unknown reasons you have decided to ride roughshod over my post in a section of the forum entitled General Discussion.

I don't have to defend my statements from you just because you shout louder than me, I am allowed to give my opinion and that's all it is, an opinion.

All I said was that I don't think that Orcs will be taken out of negotiating entirely.

DeletedUser

I would also say that this poll only shows what the forum users think and the forum users are only a small proportion of the numbers who actually play. ...

First off, please do point out to me where I said that the results were "meaningless", also nowhere have I said that the results are invalid and should be ignored.

So what were you trying to say when you said that the forum is a small percentage?

I'm not stating anything from a position of this or that is true and there is no other argument, I am merely stating what I think! Isn't this what a discussion should be? For unknown reasons you have decided to ride roughshod over my post in a section of the forum entitled General Discussion.

Absolutely right! Why should people have to show cause for their opinions??:rolleyes:

I don't have to defend my statements from you just because you shout louder than me, I am allowed to give my opinion and that's all it is, an opinion.

You do understand why I brought up vaccinations, right? I was equating what you are doing with people who refuse to vaccinate, despite overwhelming reasons to do so, then just "It is my opinion and there is nothing wrong with that" Nope. If your opinion is wrong (not shown specifically here, although there is much to suggest it is) then you can't hide behind "It's just an opinion"

All I said was that I don't think that Orcs will be taken out of negotiating entirely.

If you had of left it at that, no-one would have said anything. The issue is you tried to say your opinion was more valid, by bringing up arguments, then got offended when people brought up counter arguments. I will concede that you might interpret giving many and varied reasons you are not quite on the mark as "shouting"

By all means, please continue. It is general discussion after all!

Deleted User - 106219

I am allowed to give my opinion and that's all it is, an opinion.
Absolutely! Just like I am allowed to give my opinion, and my opinion can be summed up as:
...plenty of reasons why such a small number of people voted in the poll, but that doesn't mean the results are invalid and should be ignored.
Something wrong with me stating my opinion?

DeletedUser

I was saying that those on the forum are a small percentage of those who play... I play in 2 fellowships, I have also been in other fellowships and have found this to be the case, perhaps your experience is different?

I am allowed to say that this is my opinion, you may well believe my opinion to be invalid, but of course that's your opinion... right?

Nope, nowhere did I say that my opinion was more valid, just gave the reasons for why I believed there were only a small fraction of votes compared to the numbers playing.

I should however, apologise to you, both those posts seemed to be from the same person and so I took them as being such without checking... seems I was wrong!

Ah, and the other one has now posted, of course not - why shouldn't you put your opinion forward, you're very vocal with it ;)

Deleted User - 106219

I was saying that those on the forum are a small percentage of those who play...
"Those on the forum" are always a small percentage, as far as my experience goes. So far I have never seen an online game where the majority of players were on the forum (except maybe games where the forum is integrated in the game). That really shouldn't matter, especially when there are various reasons why people might not be registered (such as not wanting to make an extra registration).

DeletedUser

I am allowed to say that this is my opinion, you may well believe my opinion to be invalid, but of course that's your opinion... right?

Still not getting it
Anti-vaccer (or from now on, pro-disease): Hey, it is my opinion that vaccinations cause autism blah blah
Me: Your opinion is incorrect, proven time and time again, thus no, you can't have that as an opinion, as that indicates that it may have some basis in fact, which it does not.
PD: It is just my opinion!
Me: Sure, but you need to modify your statement to be truthful "It is my opinion that vaccines cause autism, despite all the conclusive and proven evidence that it does not, I will still hold to my incorrect opinion"

You can't justify false information by saying it is your opinion. You can give an opinion on how you believe it will affect the game, or anything else that can't/hasn't been proven. You made statements implying certain things, which you can't prove.

It is not your opinion that the forum represents a small percentage, it is fact. Where I have an issue is where you write in a way that implies that this is a reason to not hold the polls results as representative.

Finally, if I can prove your assertions to be incorrect, then it is not my opinion that you are wrong, it is fact. Such as you can't draw information on if this poll is accurate either way. This is a fact, not an opinion. My opinion would be that for all the above reasons, it is reasonably accurate. As I can't prove that, it is an opinion.

Edited due to formatting.

DeletedUser

No idea why vaccinations has anything to do with a poll on orcs... however I see that this is pointless, I'm done with it, hey you're right and I'm wrong, I must be because you said so!

DeletedUser

No idea why vaccinations has anything to do with a poll on orcs... however I see that this is pointless, I'm done with it, hey you're right and I'm wrong, I must be because you said so!

Since you are bailing and refusing to listen, I would say the vaccination simile is completely accurate.

DeletedUser803

Horanda - thank you for the "news flash". I am well aware of what change is and that it is inevitable etc etc being a mature adult myself. the rhetoric I can do without. thanks.

DeletedUser

I find it utterly baffling how when people post polls on this forum, time and time again, others will post in the thread stating that the results of the poll are meaningless. Might as well remove the poll option or even the entire forum then, since as only some people can be bothered/have time/enjoy using forums, nothing said here is of any value. The majority of people in both fellowships I am in do *not* enjoy needing Orcs to negotiate, but since a lot of them had already completed Fairies when it was implemented, it doesn't affect them. It is highly doubtful that anyone who had not either reached orcs or was close to it when this change was implemented is not incredibly annoyed by it, unless they either had not reached the cutoff point in negotiations, or don't negotiate anyway.