• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Polar Bear or Moon Bear

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
I ended up going for Moon Bear, the 3 KP is very nice, and especially with the new format, I do not need that much Polar bear. Although he looks very cool (I have panda and brown already.)

DeletedUser9850

I decided on the Polar in the end. I really like that it gives the little supply instants and ultimately it has a very unique effect that we probably won't see in the game again. (ofc there is the Timewarp but I'm thinking of event buildings). The sentient goods we can get from the Moon Bear are very nice but I'm sure we'll get more buildings like that eventually.
And I'm grateful I don't have to make that choice in my main city, I can build both if I want as I have enough old artifacts in inventory :D

I see you don't mention the Panda Bear and I know it's not very popular because it's effect is not that good, but I think it was worth getting (last year) for the 2MM it gives. They add up quite nicely and are very useful especially in chapter 15. Ofc the Brown Bear rules them all!
Right.None can surpass the Brown Bear.It's surely one of the best event buildings for all,regardless whether they fight or cater:p:p:D

rock stream

Scholar
Where can I find the stats for the bears?
We're still a newer fellowship and this is our first exposure to a bear. Since there is no chance of fully evolving any of them, is it worth putting a bear in your city if you can only get it to stage 2 or 3?

m4rt1n

Adept
I decided I could split for both as I already had 6 old artifacts, so I did one craft to get a Polar Bear at level 8 so it produces the supplies instant. A polar at level 10 is not of interest to me as I have far too many PP spells already so upgrading that far is a nerf.

I currently have 6 new artifacts left and am waiting on the dailies so with the upcoming FA hope to also get a level 10 Moon Bear.

Pauly7

Magus
I decided I could split for both as I already had 6 old artifacts, so I did one craft to get a Polar Bear at level 8 so it produces the supplies instant. A polar at level 10 is not of interest to me as I have far too many PP spells already so upgrading that far is a nerf.
I had the exact same thought. I'm upgrading the polar bear to level 9 because those supplies instants are gold dust, but the PP spells are fairly useless to me.

Timneh

Artisan
Your opinions please people. At what level does the brown bear need to be before it is useful ? I do not have the time to go far in the event so will not get enough artifacts to convert to old ones to get my brown bear to level 10(i do have a couple of old artifacts in my inventory)

Hekata

Artisan
Your opinions please people. At what level does the brown bear need to be before it is useful ? I do not have the time to go far in the event so will not get enough artifacts to convert to old ones to get my brown bear to level 10(i do have a couple of old artifacts in my inventory)
I think it's useful at almost any level if you want too use time booster to produce troops. Personally if I didn't have one I'd place it if it was lv 5 for instance. And don't forget you'll be able to get 2 more artifacts from the FA, so that's 1 more level up.

m4rt1n

Adept

10 levels, 5% boost of troops production for 12 hours up to 50% at level 10 so noticeably useful from about level 6+

Also free frogs, and more other troops (Orc Warriors and Strategists) at higher levels every 48 hours for nothing.

Gargon667

Mentor
Where can I find the stats for the bears?
We're still a newer fellowship and this is our first exposure to a bear. Since there is no chance of fully evolving any of them, is it worth putting a bear in your city if you can only get it to stage 2 or 3?

Brown bear is worth every level, no matter how many.
Polar Bear awesome, but the most important job can be achieved by an unevolved egg (make the double day of playing 2 tourney rounds in one day less annoying). I agree that now the supply instant is preferable to the PP spell, but a year ago I was still playing chapters and the Spire had only just started throwing PP spells around like crazy...
Moonbear, if you have artifacts left over, it´s a great building, but it won´t help you get through the tourney any better. So decide what´s important to you before you choose a bear.
Panda: Same as Moonbear only harder to evolve (needs old artifacts)

Timneh

Artisan
Thank you for all your comments guys. I think i will try and geta few artifacts for the brown bear and build it when i get some space.