• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Polar Bear or Moon Bear

Hekata

Artisan
I need to decide if I want a Polar Bear or a Moon Bear for my smaller (halflings) city. I already have the Brown and Panda.
Any thoughts?

Hekata

Artisan
Ha, same. Let's see if we can get some wise advice from our fellow players here :)

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Depends on whether you are a fighter or a gatherer, lol. Polar Bear does not mean a lot if you are unable to make use of the time reduction function.

Pauly7

Magus
Depends on whether you are a fighter or a gatherer, lol. Polar Bear does not mean a lot if you are unable to make use of the time reduction function.
I would argue that the coins the Polar Bear gives out can make a big difference. I've just placed one in my main city for that reason. I won't ever need to feed it, but as I keep my culture bonus over 250% a level 8 Polar Bear will pay out more than a million coins in 48 hours. For me that's worth it. I will also appreciate the 5% supplies instants starting to stack up.

Moon Bear has nothing much for me to get interested in. Sure, some sentient goods would be nice, but I presume no one is ever going to feed it. It just comes down to whether those extra items are useful enough.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Error of judgement: Hekata did not give the stats of what level she could upgrade to and what she sees I just checked, my polar bear is from Sorcerers and dragons chapter and it will give coins, mana and portal profits. I guess Halflings would be the same. Not sure what the Moon Bear will give in Halflings. Tough choice. What would the situation be if you place both, but only partially upgrade them?

Hekata

Artisan
Error of judgement: Hekata did not give the stats of what level she could upgrade to and what she sees I just checked, my polar bear is from Sorcerers and dragons chapter and it will give coins, mana and portal profits. I guess Halflings would be the same. Not sure what the Moon Bear will give in Halflings. Tough choice. What would the situation be if you place both, but only partially upgrade them?
Yes, I forgot to say I could probably have a level 8 polar bear and with the time reduction it gives I could finally fit in round 6 of the tournament (I mostly fight) but it means 1 more pet food per week and I'm not exactly swimming in those.
I'm not a big fan of partially evolved buildings, but thanks for the suggestion I'll try to calculate if it's worth it. (Yes the moon bear gives mana in halflings, but I do have enough mana as it is)

The statistics for Moon Bear seem to be all over the place, from what I can see. I hear that InnoG may still be working on the stats, as the Elemental chapter has the best seeds, and only one level gets broken rune shards, after that, they go back to zero (not that I am too fussed about that, it's just odd).
It would be a really poor move to change the stats of the main prize now that it's gone live. I did notice the very generous amounts of seeds it gives in the Elementals chapter and that is the main reason I'm considering it, otherwise the Polar seems to be a little more useful.
I was really hoping they would also give out some old artifacts like for the phoenix event, that would have made my decision easier.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
I have a maxed Brown Bear from last year, so I am casting my eyes over the Polar Bear and the Moon Bear hoping to get the artifacts to max one, still have 4 artifacts from last year and 2 from this year as I sit on this fence. I can see me flipping a coin as I really want both.

Hekata

Artisan
I have a maxed Brown Bear from last year, so I am casting my eyes over the Polar Bear and the Moon Bear hoping to get the artifacts to max one, still have 4 artifacts from last year and 2 from this year as I sit on this fence. I can see me flipping a coin as I really want both.
I decided on the Polar in the end. I really like that it gives the little supply instants and ultimately it has a very unique effect that we probably won't see in the game again. (ofc there is the Timewarp but I'm thinking of event buildings). The sentient goods we can get from the Moon Bear are very nice but I'm sure we'll get more buildings like that eventually.
And I'm grateful I don't have to make that choice in my main city, I can build both if I want as I have enough old artifacts in inventory :D

I see you don't mention the Panda Bear and I know it's not very popular because it's effect is not that good, but I think it was worth getting (last year) for the 2MM it gives. They add up quite nicely and are very useful especially in chapter 15. Ofc the Brown Bear rules them all!

Errandil

Conjurer
I need to decide if I want a Polar Bear or a Moon Bear for my smaller (halflings) city. I already have the Brown and Panda.
Any thoughts?
In my opinion definitely the moon one. From the polar you get half of it's power just from the base and in the long run it will be enough to even do the tournaments in one day with levelled timewarp. On the other hand 3 KP/day on 3x3 footprint is the best non-expiring building we ever got and I'm not sure we'll see something like that anytime soon, lol.

Hekata

Artisan
In my opinion definitely the moon one. From the polar you get half of it's power just from the base and in the long run it will be enough to even do the tournaments in one day with levelled timewarp. On the other hand 3 KP/day on 3x3 footprint is the best non-expiring building we ever got and I'm not sure we'll see something like that anytime soon, lol.
Haha, well I have already converted 4 artifacts to the old ones so now it has to be the Polar one and I think I made the right choice for that city, but you make a good point, I was unsure whether to build Moony in my main city and now I just might. The thing that always makes me hesitant to build evo buildings is that they can't be teleported. All of them can be useful up to a certain point but some loose their value fast and I don't feel like deleting them so I often don't even build them.

Gargon667

Mentor
I would say the Polar Bear gives you something you have otherwise only 1 chance to get: tourney cooldown reduction, so if you are far from the timewarp the Polar Bear is the only way to get that extra convenience of playing tourneys. Playing all 6 rounds has become very important in the new tourney if you are worried about making a certain amount of points. in the old tourneys you could simply do more provinces to round 5 to make up for no round 6, now that is much more difficult.

Also the Polar bear does actually has 2 separate Mana productions in S&D, one of which then turns into Seeds.

The Moon Bear is nice, I find it very good, but it does not give anything special like the Polar Bear. So if I had to choose, I would choose the Polar bear. The "advantage" of the Moonbear is that the feeding effect is so useless you never need to waste a Pet food on it and can instead use them on other pets :)

Hekata

Artisan
Thanks @Gargon667 . I did end up building the Polar bear. That city is in early halflings so it has quite a few chapters to go before getting to the Timewarp and as you said I also thought that getting to round 6 might be important now. I don't care about my score but I am really trying to help that FS to keep getting 9 chests and hopefully eventually 10. The new system has halved what I can do with it now so I could really use that 6th round. The only question is whether I can sustain 5 pet foods per week (3 for fire bird, 1 for brown bear and 1 for his polar cousin). I have serious doubts about that.

Gargon667

Mentor
Thanks @Gargon667 . I did end up building the Polar bear. That city is in early halflings so it has quite a few chapters to go before getting to the Timewarp and as you said I also thought that getting to round 6 might be important now. I don't care about my score but I am really trying to help that FS to keep getting 9 chests and hopefully eventually 10. The new system has halved what I can do with it now so I could really use that 6th round. The only question is whether I can sustain 5 pet foods per week (3 for fire bird, 1 for brown bear and 1 for his polar cousin). I have serious doubts about that.

For more chests you need more points, so definitely round 6 is the easiest way to increase your score now.

You can save some pet food on the brown bear. No need to time boost troops every week, do it once a month instead and you (nearly) got the pet food saved for your Polar bear.