• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Plug in failure

DeletedUser2300

Screen Shot 2016-09-14 at 8.45.21 AM.png
Just updated Adobe Flash player and am now getting plug in failure messages as per the screenshot. This is using Safari on Apple Mac.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadow Mike

Soothsayer
Same problem here also. Using Safari on Apple Mac. Does the same thing using Firefox.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2300

Chrome is working so will have to make do with that until they fix it.

DeletedUser3

Hey folks, this is an issue with flash on apple devices, rather than a bug with the game code. As such there is unfortunately nothing we can do from our side to fix it. Chrome uses its own version of flash, so until such time as Apple bring out a patch or an updated flash version, the best solution is to use Chrome as chefisac suggested above :)

DeletedUser3

You're welcome Shadow Mike - more information... it's specifically affecting players using Flash 23 on Mac OS X

DeletedUser417

Thanks, got some fellows having this issue... will ask them to use Chrome.

DeletedUser2300

Chrome doesn't work as well as Safari. Big issue with moving buildings, very difficult to tell where you are moving them to. Also issues when you hover over a building and no information appears.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
If you don't want to wait, you can :
1. Remove your current version of flash (uninstaller) and download an older version from Adobe achive (Archive)
or
2. You can sell your sophisticated and colorfull alarm clock that Apple calls a computer to another art fan and buy a real computer with a Linux or Windows OS (and still have money to buy a simple alarm clock and a bed light if needed) that will help you avoiding any further compatibility problems and as a side effect you'll also discover you can use more than 1 finger on a mouse if you have some more... :p
or (if you are afraid to discover a new world to soon)
3. You can also try another OS on your "computer" by using an emulator...

Last edited:

DeletedUser

2. You can sell your sophisticated and colorfull alarm clock that Apple calls a computer to another art fan and buy a real computer with a Linux or Windows OS (and still have money to buy a simple alarm clock and a bed light if needed) that will help you avoiding any further compatibility problems and as a side effect you'll also discover you can use more than 1 finger on a mouse if you have some more... :p
or (if you are afraid to discover a new world to soon)

No thanks. I have had too much experience with the PoS that is Windows (several decades, in fact).

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I can't blame you about Windows, all windows and mouse technology was stolen by Bill Gates from Apple a long time ago, among a lot of other things stolen to others, that's why I suggested Linux first... but I also don't like paying 2 times more for a closed OS like Apple one when you can share so much between Linux and Windows, that is 90% or more of the users. The major part of the people I help (for free) with their computers problems are broke, so I must find cheap solutions, I must recycle old machines, hack OS or programs, fix all with tape and pieces of string...

First, I think an OS should always be free because a computer won't work without it and, two, I think the same about an antivirus that no "private" user should pay for...

But That's okay and I apologize for that : I was lightly borderline for points 2 and 3... or was I, really ? :rolleyes:

DeletedUser9

Hi guys, I'm going to archive this thread now as "not a bug" since it's not a bug on our side, but as explained above, Adobe is working on fixing this. :)

DeletedUser54

Solution (without throwing away your lovely Mac) : uninstall adobe flash (uninstall app can be found on web page of adobe), then go to labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer.html and install beta version. IT WORKS!!!