• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Please make PC login more prominent

Autumn Goldleaf

Spellcaster
Hi gurus... ;)
Just wondering if the Login screen on PCs could be displayed centrally on the screen, and a tab for New User accounts underneath?
I see so many players who change from mobile to pc, complaining that the login keeps trying to get them to create new cities, not realising they are using the wrong sign-in area...
Having the current Login so tiny, and jammed up at the top of the screen is a bit of a pain...
I think this would be a very useful change...
Regards,
Autumn Goldleaf ♡

Last edited:

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
This is not something that we would be looking to make much of a change to really @Autumn Goldleaf
All aspects of the log in screen are clearly labelled for players to choose to create a game or log into their existing one.
Do not forget that new players need to at this point, check out our Terms and Conditions and view the Privacy Agreement they are about to agree to, whilst choosing a username and password.
Hence the amount of information is made prominent for our first timers, as after all once we have signed up, if is not that often we go back and review all of the information on the log in screen, despite the fabulous information there if you scroll down further.

Browser log in.jpg

Thagdal

Sorcerer
not realising they are using the wrong sign-in area...

I always use the big play now login, as my pc browser already has my user name and password in there. ive never used the small login because its not required. It doesnt create a new city for an existing account for me.

m4rt1n

Adept
The big Play Now button doesn't do it for me in Chrome, I have to use the Login button near top right for an autoload of the game. Details of login saved to my chrome browser.

@Autumn Goldleaf is just saying make the "login" button big also like on most sites, two equal size buttons, one for new and one to login.

Last edited:

Gargon667

Mentor
The big Play Now button doesn't do it for me in Chrome, I have to use the Login button near top right for an autoload of the game. Details of login saved to my chrome browser.

@Autumn Goldleaf is just saying make the "login" button big also like on most sites, two equal size buttons, one for new and one to login.

Did you try a different browser?
I use Firefox and the two logins are completely interchangeable. I use the bigger one only though, with my saved login ready to go.

m4rt1n

Adept
I use Firefox and the two logins are completely interchangeable. I use the bigger one only though, with my saved login ready to go.

I used to use Firefox but changed to chrome when inno changed to HTML5 following issues with the game and advice from support at the time.

Pauly7

Magus
Interesting. I always use the little one. :)

I used to use Firefox but changed to chrome when inno changed to HTML5 following issues with the game and advice from support at the time.
I made the change to Chrome too. Seems to work a little bit better.

Alcaro

Necromancer
My suggestion is to make the server part (minuscule flags atm) BIGGER and eventually a welcome message for new players letting them know on what server they play:
Welcome XYZ, you are playing on International Server, Winyandor world (en2)!
or
Welcome XYZ, you are playing on International Server, choose the world you would like to play!

I see very often on Facebook people trying to find a FS or trying to recruit saying that they are playing on Winyandor (for example) but not mentioning on what server, or crying that they can't login and they are asked to start a new city. Obviously they actually have no clue that all servers have at least the first 3 worlds (Arendyll, Winyandor, Felyndral), that exist servers for most countries.

erebus

Seeker
I used to find it very difficult as I had been playing on my phone. I had to search for some time to find the login in the right corner, as there was the panel that asked for the username large in the middle of the page. I am vision impaired though, so anything that helps accessibility is useful to me.