• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Players search funtion sorting bug

Gargon667

Mentor
I wonder if this has been reported yet, it has been going on for a while (say 2 weeks maybe?) and is still there. I thought it was an obvious one and would soon be fixed...

If you search for a player name and get more than 1 page of results you now get the smallest towns on the first page, you have to scroll to the last page to get the biggest towns.
The sorting top to bottom = big to small on each separate page still works. Just well the big towns should be and have always been on page 1 and the small (0 rank towns) should be on the last page.

Alcaro

Necromancer
Yes, I saw this too and I found it awkward to see first the lower(est) ranked players and on the 2nd or 3rd page the highest ranked player.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@Gargon667 & @Alcaro Hi Guys! I've had a tinker around and there currently doesn't seem to be any known issues/existing tickets surrounding this so if you wouldn't mind sending us a ticket via Support, we'll get this looked into :)

Regards,

Herodite.

Timneh

Artisan
@Silmaril Just out of interest why does a confirmed bug on Beta still need a ticket raising on live servers ? The devs must be aware of it if it is a confirmed bug on Beta.

Gargon667

Mentor
yeah not going to bother. if they know about it they will work on it eventually. I doubt they´ll work any faster is we send them the same issue again...

Honestly is there any point sending bug reports here? If the answer is always to send it to support I will simply do that instead, double posting is such a waste of time, both for me and you guys...

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Thats correct @Timneh they are aware of it as a bug but on the beta server. It does not always follow that we then have the same bugs follow onto the live servers as they are of course working to create the fixes. This is why the International server go's live ahead of the others so we can pick them up via tickets as a second level if they have landed here.

Gargon667

Mentor
Thats correct @Timneh they are aware of it as a bug but on the beta server. It does not always follow that we then have the same bugs follow onto the live servers as they are of course working to create the fixes. This is why the International server go's live ahead of the others so we can pick them up via tickets as a second level if they have landed here.

Just an idea, if you want to get beta bugs confirmed on EN, you might just post the confirmed bugs from beta here and ask for people to check, but really? How long does it take a dev to login to a EN account and look for himself? I would suggest it takes the time for the login process which is what 5 seconds (if it goes badly) and then 1 sec to open the search window and 1 sec to type a string of 3 letters. Doesn´t sound like it´s worth all the back and forth posting... I understand there are more complicated bugs than this but that is why devs have test accounts.

Deleted User - 2320795

I would like to add something to this. The same sort issue is there in the 'Fellowships' tab too. If you go to the 'Fellowships' tab then choose 'Join Directly' option in the dropdown the result you get has the same sort issue like in the screen caps of Alcaro's post above. I get this in the live world and not the beta one.