• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Player movement?

DeletedUser1775

Any news on when this will be done? Heard things went smoothly on beta

DeletedUser

I HOPE soon, they just did a purge (near me anyway) so that might be an indication it will happen..
Then I might get someone who wants to trade me scrolls... :mad:

DeletedUser

It is not mentioned in the provisional release notes they posted for the update to 1.13 ( scheduled for Wednesday ) so it might be a bit yet. Though they could add it before they release it here. It is on beta and beta is version 1.13. If you see a check box added to your Advanced Settings window stating 'Allow automatic movement to better position' then it will be close / here. The check box did default to selected on beta.

DeletedUser1925

Whatever... It won't fix a thing. They need to add other criteria then just one simple login...

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Whatever... It won't fix a thing. They need to add other criteria then just one simple login...
Nicely negative, off course it fixes something. it will at least create more active neighbours,
I havent followerd beta closly on this, but it was stated that "active" players are moved first, that means people who logged in a single time, are pushed back, and those who havent logged in for a while arent even moved in the beginning.

doesnt that mean all your neighbours will show at least some kind of activity?
And how does that not change a thing?

DeletedUser1775

I currently have two active neighbours who have helped since day 0. It would off course be super nice to get more of them, however, i also hope that my current neighbours will be moved somewhere near me, it'd be a crying shame to loose them :(

DeletedUser643

I know what you mean. I think I got an OK neighborhood.

I have about 10-12 players around me that do visits from time to time (like at least 2 times per week)
and 4-5 players I do regularly trades with and about 12-15 players that are active in tournaments..

I really wish we could keep the neighbors we have now as Discovered even after the move, but I suspect I will lose them all and just keep my fingers crossed I end up in a better neighborhood. Of course I can choose not to move, but then the neighborhood will probably become more dead if the other players do decide to move.

DeletedUser

Emotional attachment to neighbours is probably stronger the less one has of them. I know I'd regret losing the few active ones I have on both worlds.

DeletedUser1829

I believe they are still testing this on beta. We will here more on the live servers once they are close to a release date. I would just love to know where the middle of the world is easily so I could see where I am in relation to it as that is the direction people will be moved.

DeletedUser3

I believe they are still testing this on beta. We will here more on the live servers once they are close to a release date.

This is indeed the case - testing is still ongoing on beta. We need to ensure that the system is working as well as possible before releasing on live, and this necessarily takes time :)

DeletedUser1925

This is indeed the case - testing is still ongoing on beta. We need to ensure that the system is working as well as possible before releasing on live, and this necessarily takes time :)
Players just like it when you ignore proper criteria on how to make an active neighborhood.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Why would Inno start doing this now? ;-P

DeletedUser1925

I'll give an answer on this - although some (as usual) may not like this answer :p :
• InnoGames developers are taking all the feedback into consideration - direct results however will often not be possible.
• This specific issue was a difficult one to implement, therefore it took a lot of time.
Not as difficult as building quests. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser1295

Not as difficult as building quests. :rolleyes:
The issue with building quests is indeed far more complicated.

However, issues on 'building quests' can be set straight by local support volunteers (one needs to make a support ticket when encountering such an issue*), whereas player movement cannot be handled by support.

I for one am very glad that a solution for inactive neighborhoods has been found and will be implemented on all live servers as soon as the beta-testing has proven to be succesful :)

* Players can contact support by:
• clicking here;
• or Right-click anywhere in-game > click 'Support'