• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Update Discussion Phoenix of the Holy Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hekata

Artisan

Spellcaster
I am now certain that people on this forum will moan about anything. This is a great change that will be warmly welcomed by the virtually everyone, good idea inno.

Hekata

Artisan

Deleted User - 341074

I am now certain that people on this forum will moan about anything. This is a great change that will be warmly welcomed by the virtually everyone, good idea inno.
Seriously?
It's a joke for a reason: It's a terrible idea.
I mean why not just make the phoenix give 200% damage and remove the need for any military wonders altogether?:rolleyes:
Why not 1000% damage?

Pauly7

Magus
The German forum has a different 1st April joke: it'supposedly the new guest race and it's all about unicorns, including the portal that makes coins and supplies decay by 20%/24h! And you can counter the effect with a spell that costs 2 blueprints and 100k SF to make :D
https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/release-notes-april-fools-2019.9832/

(@Pauly7, a whole chapter with unicorns, imagine the horror if it were true, haha)
Ha! See that's good though. That's how the April Fool's joke is meant to be.

Spellcaster
@SoggyShorts

Im sorry, I forgot all of those people who refuse to build a fire phoenix because its too good. Wouldnt want to ruin everyones needles/simia/DA etc...

Stop moaning, everywhere you see people talk about how punishing tournaments can be and some people even halt their progress on the tech tree because they dont want the penalty in tournaments. Inno make a move to benefit people and you still arent happy.

Also you seem so sure its an April fools joke but it was posted on the 31st of March. The link above and the post in the german forums are from the 1st of April as youd expect.

Damyan

Dreamer
Imagine your superior says you will be promoted or you will get a raise, and after that she says, oh it's a joke. Would you find it hillarious?
Joke should be about something which is totally ludicrous or bad, but fortunately it's a joke. No harm done, better luck next year :)

Pauly7

Magus
Yep, sorry that was a poor one. We knew it wasn't real, but for some people like @30158729 who were happy to buy into it, that was just a mean thing. Anyway... I've said it all now several times.

Gargon667

Mentor
I wonder how many unhappy customers this joke created, I would expect a few messages in the support inbox...

Spellcaster
Silly me thinking that maybe inno decided to give players a buff after nerfing tournaments so harshly. Wishful thinking I guess, congrats, you got me.

Deleted User - 341074

everywhere you see people talk about how punishing tournaments can be and some people even halt their progress on the tech tree because they dont want the penalty in tournaments. Inno make a move to benefit people and you still arent happy.
The increase in tournament difficulty was a pretty direct response to the overpowered phoenix&bears, what do you think would follow another stupidly overpowered move?

Sometimes the customer is wrong and doesn't know what's good for themselves let alone what's good for the game.
Also you seem so sure its an April fools joke
Yeah, I'm pretty confident. ;)

Spellcaster
@SoggyShorts The bears and phoenix are not overpowered. They give you an advantage for sure but having special buildings in games like this that give you an advantage in some way is standard. Dont confuse a tiny percentage of people getting multiples and running wild with how the average player plays.

Enjoy your smugness, seems like a big deal for you.

Pauly7

Magus
Firstly, @30158729 you came here all angry, when people were just talking about how this is a joke and you somehow turned it into a rant about people moaning about being given something and secondly, @SoggyShorts is absolutely right that the Fire Phoenix and the Brown Bear were overpowered. Stop and think for a moment that someone might know a lot about what they are talking about.

We all love those two buildings, but they broke the whole balance of the game as Inno didn't comprehend the effect they were going to have. They have now spent the last two years trying to correct what they eventually realised was a huge error. This is what led to the tournaments being nerfed. This is also what has led to them flooding the game with opportunities to give everybody else the Firebird, so they can at least level the playing field. As an aside they have also been lowering the power of any comparable prizes since that time. There is not a chance in the world that they would suddenly decide to make it 50% more powerful.

Spellcaster
@Pauly7 There has been zero anger in my posts. However it does get tiresome coming here and seeing people being negative about everything.

I get what you are saying but if they were so game breaking that they caused such a problem for years to come why did they not simply reduce the benefits of those buildings? The fire phoenix is heavily outweighed by the MMM and ELR buildings when it comes to tournaments. On the beta forums it seems that new booster buildings are being added (https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...-rustles-in-the-grass.16032/page-8#post-97459). So it might not be too long until we do get new attack boosting buildings.

Deleted User - 341074

@SoggyShorts The bears and phoenix are not overpowered.
+50% attack damage for all trooop types is more than a level 30 needles+Abbey+HF+toads+VS combined.
Getting those 150 levels on 5 wonders should take you years, but instead, every player gets a Fire chicken that is 25% MORE powerful than all of them combined.
That's not overpowered? :oops:
if they were so game breaking that they caused such a problem for years to come why did they not simply reduce the benefits of those buildings?
I take it you mean actually reduce the +50% to something lower? Go ahead, take away something that players earned and some even spent real $$$ on, see how well that works out.:rolleyes:
They did "reduce the benefits" through inflation. If you accidentally give your players too much money, you can't take it away without making them angry, but you can raise the prices making that money worth less. That's what they did: Phoenix way too powerful, make tournament much much harder. Inflation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skelve

Bard
It is obvious the joke didn't really work since almost everyone assumed that this must be a joke. Nevertheless, good attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.