• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Update Discussion Phoenix of the Holy Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team

kimkimkim

Summoner
" You will find this mysterious item in your Inventory, right next to your Phoenix and other artifacts. The nomads discovered that after two seasons, a well-fed Fire Phoenix would lay a Revlis Egg. You will be able to use this item on your Fire Phoenix Stage 10. Once you do, your Fire Phoenix's flames will look even more majestic. But this is not the only change. Once your Fire Phoenix experiences this "extra evolution," its feeding effect will change from the current 50% to 75%. (There will be no change to its population and culture, as well as its other rewards.) Now, your new phoenix will be called "Phoenix of the Holy Fire."

Is this extra evolution a one shot deal or is it permanent once the Revlis Egg is added

Deleted User - 341074

OOF almost got me with the timezone, forgot what day it is in Europe right now...
On the off chance that this isn't an April fools joke...worst idea ever inno.

Alamain

Novice
Obviously, it's great to increase the power of the Fire Phoenix as long as there's enough pet food going around. That will be fun!

I presume you will also boost the power of enemy troops? My concern is that this will exacerbate the current imbalance where high-initiative troops are far more powerful than heavy units because they get the first hit in, and because they have dedicated booster buildings.

In more distant provinces, the huge outnumbering of enemy troops means that heavy melee units are almost useless because, even when matched against ranged troops, they take heavy damage before they can get their first strike in. HR and LM units suffer the same disadvantage to a lesser degree.

I currently use about 40% Rangers and 40% Blossom Mage troops (because of their range), 15% HR troops (mostly frogs due to range), and only a handful of other troops in easier fights.

Can you do something to redress this imbalance so that we get to use a wider range of troops?

Thanks,
Alamain

Pauly7

Magus
I'm confused... Why would you take the most powerful building on the game and make it 50% more powerful? Nothing else released on this game for the last couple of years comes anywhere close (to the point that it's becoming depressing).

As @SoggyShorts hinted, this may be an April Fool's joke... but if it is, it's a pretty mean one, because it's the first decent thing that's been offered in a long long time... but then it makes no sense at all that they would do it, so it must be.

I will be most annoyed if the pet food 10 pack turns out to be a hoax, because that would be a really nice recipe.

hawk the slayer

Spellcaster
If it is a "joke" they should have released today - April fools day --- do you think this has something to do with the 4 star enemies we are going to be facing

Pauly7

Magus
I'm just pleased that this nice boost seems to be exclusive to the EN server. No mention of it on the Beta or US forums at all. ;)
Which is why it's probably not real. If something like this were going to happen it would've been tested on Beta long before an announcement happened here. It would also dramatically threaten the game balance so a) they probably wouldn't do it anyway and b) if they did then it would have a longer than usual testing period whilst they analysed the effects on the tournament.

Like I say, though, it's not a good joke when the joke is just to offer people a big improvement to something. A good April Fool's joke would be "your Fire Phoenix is going to start laying killer tomatoes that turn all your buildings red". Something nonsensical that doesn't make a difference anyway.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
every year we get one of these ridiculous ones, we were wondering why it was absent this year.
It wasn't it was just a bit late.

Pauly7

Magus
every year we get one of these ridiculous ones, we were wondering why it was absent this year.
And I don't mind the ridiculous ones. If it's amusing and makes no difference then I enjoy the jolly jape as much as the next man. This one, however, can seem very plausible to the untrained eye and it's just offering us something extra. I can imagine some people reading the announcement (but not all our cynical comments) and then thinking - I'd better spend some diamonds to make sure my Fire Phoenix gets finished off, based on the extra power they think they're being given.

Pauly7

Magus
The 10 pack of pet food would be a great thing for them to introduce, but 5 CCs? Yeah, right. If one of those came around for 30 CCs I'd pay it. If they did that it may cost a blueprint.

Pauly7

Magus
I did like their post a year or two ago when they announced you were going to be able to rotate buildings ... so they'd be upside down.
See that's a good April Fools joke, like spaghetti trees, or a new season of Twin Peaks to be set in Scotland.

Giraffi

Enchanter
A good April fool’s joke must have that touch of maybe, just maybe reality. If ever anything sounds too good to be true, it IS too good to be true.

If one critically look at the price for crafting the 10 x pet food, it is not sustainable for your average player that only do 8 provinces per tournament. They simply will run out of the relics required to craft it. Add to that the CC’s and any other magic item requiring the same non-boosted T3 relic, an even worse situation. Not even going to mention that future chapters will require said relics for the products that will be made then.

FieryArien

Necromancer
It’s not the best of 1st April jokes, maybe they just didn’t want it to be too obvious. ;-) The effort counts, though. Thanks for trying to amuse us in these times.

I still have a fond memory of that year when they told us they would ban the BH, C, MH and similar acronyms from our city names. Yeah, I’m laughing again. :D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.