• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Phoenix event and Pandemic

DeletedUser6460

I am isolated as many are, and looking for something rewarding during this time.
This event has no time instants or wishing wells, replaced by troops and perhaps other useless things, and for those of us that have finished research - stuck on quests getting VAST amounts of vision vapor - or scouting which only takes 40+ hours.
During this global event - I see a company wanting people to buy diamonds - increase profits.
I am seeing so much horror at this time. I also see some companies rising to the occasion, offered free extra internet, offered more time to pay for things, offered help. I see people going through dilemma of - do I go to work and help others - even though not entirely safe - or do I stay home?
The companies that help others - and are more generous and thoughtful will remain. Those that do not consider the pain people are going through, will be remembered with a bad taste.
I know I get on forums to talk about good and bad companies. I am not alone
This event leaves me cold - time required for many - far too long and rewards - pitiful.
You can help the mental health - instead of working towards financial gain - which would, reward you later.
Anyone else feeling this way?

Pauly7

Magus
In my opinion it's a poor event... like many of them lately.. but I haven't related that to the pandemic. Everyone is under a lot of pressure right now. Inno staff included, no doubt.

DeletedUser6460

I agree with both of you, but also see response to this pandemic has been rather rapid for those taking this seriously. Huge pressure - stress and facing the unknown right now. As for Inno - responding - they are online. I am getting responses from unlikely places. I have been emailing friends met here -many disgusted. The rewards - designed to get us all -willing to wait - not having fun.
Events are designed to slow us down - not entertain.
I am thinking the poor entertainment value now offered - will have me go elsewhere.

Julian

Sorcerer
You say Inno need to be more generous. Don't forget you can play this game without spending any money.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
I am disappointed by the current event, but not by Elvenar as a whole. I love this game and I'm grateful that it's up and running even in these days.

Thank you Inno for providing :)

Timneh

Artisan
I can see all point made in this discussion. It would be nice to be able to come to the game and escape the troubles that the world is seeing at this time and not get more stress and frustration having to get (in my opinion) too large amounts of vision vapour, having to craft things you don't really want just to get the vapour to complete a quest. Most of the quests are not bad apart from those ones. I also agree with LazyTony saying that this event was probably set before the pandemic really took a hold. I would say that it would be nice if the devs could come up with something light harted and purely for fun to help people relax a little and forget about the real life troubles we are all having just for a little time, but we have already been told that they are hard at work on the next chapter so it is unlikely that they could do that.

Hekata

Artisan
I would say that it would be nice if the devs could come up with something light harted and purely for fun to help people relax a little and forget about the real life troubles we are all having just for a little time, but we have already been told that they are hard at work on the next chapter so it is unlikely that they could do that.
They can bring back some of the old stuff, like the those speed production days we used to have. It would be nice to get one for sentient goods for instance.
Or one of the very old mini-events. They could literally put up the same one. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on Menhirok's Barrow again. I was chapter 2 or 3 when I got mine and had to delete it eventually.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Hey guys, A few hours ago I popped up a Spot the Difference competition to be able to release a few diamonds for some winners, it is not a huge distraction from the pandemic, but I hope it will be a welcomed one and hope we can begin getting more competitions on the forum again.

Hekata

Artisan
Thank you @Silmaril, it's a welcome distraction indeed. I have noticed it about an hour ago and I'm taking my time analysing the pics, trying not to miss anything :)

Pauly7

Magus
They can bring back some of the old stuff, like the those speed production days we used to have. It would be nice to get one for sentient goods for instance.
Or one of the very old mini-events. They could literally put up the same one. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on Menhirok's Barrow again. I was chapter 2 or 3 when I got mine and had to delete it eventually.
I rode it out and kept my Menhirok in my city from April 2017. We were years away from any teleports or event building upgrades, but I liked it too much to kill it. Soon after its stats were awful, but now upgraded it's amongst my best culture/pop hybrids. The pop per square is a little behind Venars Rocks III.

Hekata

Artisan
I rode it out and kept my Menhirok in my city from April 2017. We were years away from any teleports or event building upgrades, but I liked it too much to kill it. Soon after its stats were awful, but now upgraded it's amongst my best culture/pop hybrids. The pop per square is a little behind Venars Rocks III.

Actually I have deleted mine by accident. I was considering selling it but couldn't get myself to do it and then I misclicked. I was so sad. Then a few chapters later it came back as a FA prize but my FS was too weak back then and as hard as we tried we fell 2 gates short to get it. So now it's one of the 2 buildings I desperately want to have but probably never will, the other one being Krarak :(

Hekata

Artisan
@Silmaril Cunning indeed, I have noticed a few very devious changes ... I am usually good at noticing the small details but completely missing the big obvious ones, so I'll probably have a faceplam moment when you show us the results and I see what I've missed :oops:

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Wait... maybe they make a juicier sale event with diamonds, and essences, even cheaper than regularly (or more essences). Right @Silmaril hahaha.

And to the OP: you say troops are useless? If I could, I'd take all of those 'nasty' platoons spells off your hands, I will put them into good use for next week's tournament.

But let's be grateful the game is running.