• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

PETITION - InnoGames to Restore "Accidentally Deleted" Building

DeletedUser4234

It happens to everybody in Elvenar
Yesterday it happened to me - I accidentally deleted my building on Beta :oops:
It was Workshop-25 - one month to build and to give job to :human: 1,872 workers at this unhappy COVID-19 times.

Many of us know what happens next if your call for mercy from the Support o_O
Right, I got a polite template response:
"...Accidental deletions can happen in the game and we take each one into consideration ... we do not replace these once they are sold..."

Does anyone know how can you delete an Elvenar building other way but not selling it ?
Yeah...

You may say: "Not a big deal... It is just a game... You can rebuild it... It is just a Beta account..."
You would be absolutely right.
On the other hand, maybe it would be not a big deal just to drop my account on Beta ?

However, I have another question: Why InnoGames are so reluctant to be a bit nicier, friendlier?
I think the reason is not because the Support is kind of malevolent.
I guess the Support are busy, have to process 10,000+ tickets per day,
and therefore have no time for some kind of manipulations on the game database to restore an "accidentally deleted building".
So they just take the easiest way to deny this type of requests by sending the template message.
I may even assume that all this is done by some "smart" AI ChatBot ;)
But, you know, AI ChatBots do not care about anything at all...
This is NOT my point.

My point is:
1. We have ingame Inventory to store Summonings
2. We receive various new/bonus buildings directly into it
2. Recently we got Teleport Enchantments - thank you InnoGames
3. Now we can get/move old/existing buildings from out city directly into the Inventory
4. It is not so hard - for InnoGames developers - to code a script that will:
Code:
  - locate the recently deleted building,
  - teleport it into the Inventory,
  - deduct (take back) the selling price (if any) from the account balance,
  - send a notification to the account holder.

:diamond: OMG !!! :diamond:

This is my Petition:

Dear InnoGame !

Please take time to implement such Script
- to make Support duties easier :cool:
and

- to make Elvenar Players happier ! :)

You may impose a limit on such kind of good will gifts, e.g. only once per year per account

Thank you in advance !

Please support this Petition and share it on non-English forums.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
It was Workshop-25 - one month to build and to give job to :human: 1,872 workers at this unhappy COVID-19 times.

Neighborly visits do not respect confinement rules, so better keep those workers at home. Some orc fighting with a treant scared the virus away from my town, no infections (and so far, neither in my real-life village where I live at hehe.)

But yes, the delete button needs a confirmation window. Same code as for the diamonds, but in the delete button.

Pauly7

Magus
You may say: "Not a big deal... It is just a game... You can rebuild it... It is just a Beta account..."
Hmm, does it become any bigger a deal if you are second guessing the fact that people will say it's not a big deal. It's like when someone says "No offence".

The truth is that you can rebuild it. It sucks, sure, and I feel bad for you. It would be worse if it was a unique event won building. In that case I would hope that you could rely on the better nature of Inno Support. To rebuild a level 25 workshop though... most people have fistfuls of time reducing instants by this stage. I'm sure you could put this building back together in three or four days.

Sir Derf

Adept
I would suggest that the best way to deal with this, if it were to be dealt with at all, would be to build a process that would require no INNO involvement.

Add a Recycle Bin to building deletion. When you sell a building, it goes to the Recycle Bin. I propose this bin to be able to hold a single building, and for only 5 minutes, allowing for the recovery from accidental deletion.

I do see a consequence, though, and this feature could be used to allow temporary deletion for city rearrangement. I would suggest adding that attempts to build or move an additional building would clear the Recycle Bin, probably with a warning popup.

Pauly7

Magus
Add a Recycle Bin to building deletion. When you sell a building, it goes to the Recycle Bin. I propose this bin to be able to hold a single building, and for only 5 minutes, allowing for the recovery from accidental deletion.
It could work, but it occurs to me that it would only mean a second level of "are you sure?" which it already gives you anyway. You have to click the sell building button and then you already have to click another box that says "sell building". In the same way you could just have a second box pop up to say "are you really really sure?" but then that would just annoy people.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
We do indeed have warnings in place to prevent buildings being accidentally deleted. as this flags up the full tooltip to confirm the building at all times and the necessity of two clicks to sell. Only roads are excluded from this feature as QFol2 quite rightly said.
Part of how support works is to only ever reinstate one building for a player who has 'accidentally deleted' it and these buildings are Special Event builds that cannot be found in the buildings menu.
This is done as a gesture of goodwill and only done if the building has been deleted recently, which may sound obvious but we have players request reinstatements in some cases years after they decided they did not want the building, who disenchanted it or sold it to decide they want it back.
So if you can see it in the building menu: it will not be reinstated.
Part of the reason for the immediate deletion of the building without a holding place (like the recycle box) is to prevent game manipulation.....which I will not bore you with.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4234

I don't see how this would make Support's job any easier.
Scripts allow to automate repetitive tasks, so will have to click just one button to complete all four routine steps described above.
It will allow the Support to process 40,000+ tickets daily instead of 10,000+ (all numbers here are for just an illustration).

In the meantime, the excellent :diamond: idea to implement the in-game Recycle Bin - proposed by Sir Derf - looks like the even better universal decision to put all recovery manipulation in hands of players :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4234

The truth is that you can rebuild it.
Gotcha, you said it. My "second guessing" was correct.
I appreciate your empathy :)
Just FYI, I actually did not "delete" this building. The Flash (Firefox) crashed in front of my eyes, and after restart I saw the empty space in my city. I will call Adobe for damages ;)

DeletedUser4234

I would suggest that the best way to deal with this, if it were to be dealt with at all, would be to build a process that would require no INNO involvement.

I do see a consequence, though, and this feature could be used to allow temporary deletion for city rearrangement. I would suggest adding that attempts to build or move an additional building would clear the Recycle Bin, probably with a warning popup.
Hello Sir Derf - what is wonderful :diamond: idea about the Recycle Bin !
I will re-write my Petition using your idea - thank you very much.
The Recycle Bin is actually the IT standard now - everybody cares about their software customers.

QFol2

Conjurer
@Adelinn the building is definitely gone? I've had visual errors before where a building can't be seen, but can be clicked on and production started as normal. A reload usually makes it visible again.

Julian

Sorcerer
The problem with a recycle bin is that it would undermine the teleports. You could just delete a building when you want the space for a fellowship adventure, then retrieve it from the bin once you're done.
One option would be to have a recycle bin, but you must then spend diamonds to retrieve things from it.

Sir Derf

Adept
Or, @Julian, you could read the whole of my post where I proposed the Recycle Bin. With a single building capacity, 5-minute window of opportunity and a clearing of the Bin in order to build or move another building, my proposed Recycle Bin would be unfit for providing room for temporary FA or event buildings.

Hekata

Artisan
Or, @Julian, you could read the whole of my post where I proposed the Recycle Bin. With a single building capacity, 5-minute window of opportunity and a clearing of the Bin in order to build or move another building, my proposed Recycle Bin would be unfit for providing room for temporary FA or event buildings.
This would be great! I have the tendency to accidentally delete buildings and I usually notice it the second I've mis-clicked. 5 minutes, or even 1 minute would be enough to restore it. But let's say 5 because of potently problems with intranet connection or whatever.