• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

PETITION - InnoGames to Restore "Accidentally Deleted" Building

Pauly7

Magus
It's perhaps a bit more fiddly, but the process to sell a building is now similar - you highlight the building, the press the $ button, then also click a "sell building" button in the dialogue that then pops up. I think maybe it used be more tricky on mobile because I think you could sell buildings just by holding your finger on them too long.

DeletedUser8795

We do indeed have warnings in place to prevent buildings being accidentally deleted. as this flags up the full tooltip to confirm the building at all times and the necessity of two clicks to sell. Only roads are excluded from this feature as QFol2 quite rightly said.
Part of how support works is to only ever reinstate one building for a player who has 'accidentally deleted' it and these buildings are Special Event builds that cannot be found in the buildings menu.
This is done as a gesture of goodwill and only done if the building has been deleted recently, which may sound obvious but we have players request reinstatements in some cases years after they decided they did not want the building, who disenchanted it or sold it to decide they want it back.
So if you can see it in the building menu: it will not be reinstated.
Part of the reason for the immediate deletion of the building without a holding place (like the recycle box) is to prevent game manipulation.....which I will not bore you with.
Unfortunately this is not true. You can accidentally delete a building which doesn't get any confirmation window whatsoever.

Selling a building works fine indeed, you get a confirmation window. I accidentally sold the wrong building once, but I never contacted support, it was my own fault for not checking the details in the confirmation.

What is missing a confirmation window is cancelling a building under construction, and can cost a lot of resources. In many cases it won't matter, but for example some guest race buildings are very expensive (relatively if it's early in the chapter) on guest race goods, and you get back none of those. To be clear, this is the same button as cancelling an ordinary production. This means a 1px error of your finger and you have set back of a day or longer, without any confirmation.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
It does have a confirmation box, except when you are selling roads.

True, I don't delete much stuff, or do it mindlessly... Meaning "AD blindness" leading so many people to error. Maybe add a one-minute countdown "This building will be deleted in 59 seconds, 58, 57.... etc)" It would help.

Paladestar

Enchanter
Sounds good, I'll just go accidentally delete my Fire Phoenix, spam the MA recipes change option until a new Fire Phoenix appears, start it producing, then get my old one restored!

DeletedUser4003

."

Does anyone know how can you delete an Elvenar building other way but not selling it ?
Yeah...

Please support this Petition and share it on non-English forums.

1.Dont be so naive, that would mean, they would bring back premium buildings back who are sold by accident, thats notthe way to make money ...

2.Yes, teleport it in inventory and desenchant it :)

3. Own your mistake &start building workshop, it should be already level 10+ by this time.

DeletedUser4149

good luck w/ the petition:rolleyes:
you'd probably have better luck dropping a penny down a well and making a wish:D

DeletedUser8409

We do indeed have warnings in place to prevent buildings being accidentally deleted. as this flags up the full tooltip to confirm the building at all times and the necessity of two clicks to sell. Only roads are excluded from this feature as QFol2 quite rightly said.
Part of how support works is to only ever reinstate one building for a player who has 'accidentally deleted' it and these buildings are Special Event builds that cannot be found in the buildings menu.
This is done as a gesture of goodwill and only done if the building has been deleted recently, which may sound obvious but we have players request reinstatements in some cases years after they decided they did not want the building, who disenchanted it or sold it to decide they want it back.
Part of the reason for the immediate deletion of the building without a holding place (like the recycle box) is to prevent game manipulation.....which I will not bore you with.
The simplest solution that would fix most mistakes without permitting abuse is a simple Undo button.

It's very easy to accidentally sell the wrong building and the confirmation window doesn't make it obvious. If there was an Undo button which is common on many city builders then you could reverse an accidentally sold building automatically without permitting abuse.

DeletedUser4027

No, go on, bore me! ... What particular game manipulation are you trying to stop ? I would like to hear the rationale behind why Innogames would want to do something that deliberately antagonises their own players. The only manipulation I can see is gaining extra space for rearranging our towns and you have already provided for this type of manipulation by introducing the Teleport spell.

The Fellowship Adventures and some Events force us into a game style where we use all available space to construct Level 1 Workshops and Manufactories. At the end of these we then have to delete all of those buildings and occasionally there are "casualties". In my case. for the last FA that was more than 50 buildings, where you fall into a pattern and don't necessarily check as thoroughly as you should. In the process, yes, I did manage to accidentally delete a Level 31 Workshop that was hiding a Level 1 Workshop, and the "are you sure" prompt looks the same for both! Why not let me reinstate it? More than a month of effort and countless time spells later, I've got it back.

If you are worried about manipulation, how about a "recycle box" that is controlled by you guys, the moderators? It could have a 2 day expiry time, so that people don't come back "years later", which I agree is unreasonable. With your all-seeing powers and obvious game knowledge, you could see whether the deletion was a legitimate error or a deliberate game manipulation and not reinstate the building. I agree that not all buildings should be available but any normal building over Level 20 and Ancient Wonders over Level 5 where you have to use runes to upgrade them should be considered.

You have already admitted that you have the ability to reinstate buildings, despite what I was told when I accidentally deleted my Level 11 Mountain Halls 2 years ago. Incidentally, I have only just got that back to where it was and it almost led to me quitting the game. It was only one my my Fellowship members that talked me into continuing.

At the end of the day, I will only spend money in this game if I enjoy playing it. At times, playing the game is a time-wasting chore, and if I decide not to play it, then it is Inno that loses out, not me.

DeletedUser4027

In my experience the biggest risk is when you are deleting the 50 plus level 1 workshops or factories after an Event or Fellowship Adventure. You fall into a pattern where you are not necessarily reading the "are you sure" prompt.

Here's a thought. How about you remove that confirmation screen for level 1 buildings ? Level 1 buildings are trivial and easy to replace for all but the newest players.

This would help because if you were in "clean-up mode" and got a confirmation screen you would realise that this is not one of the buildings you wanted to delete !!

Pauly7

Magus
No, go on, bore me! ... What particular game manipulation are you trying to stop ? I would like to hear the rationale behind why Innogames would want to do something that deliberately antagonises their own players.
An example of this has already been explained by @Paladestar.
Sounds good, I'll just go accidentally delete my Fire Phoenix, spam the MA recipes change option until a new Fire Phoenix appears, start it producing, then get my old one restored!
For the most part I think that Inno cannot be held responsible if people are taking little care in selling buildings and ignoring the confirmation window. That being said you make a good point about Ancient Wonders because there is no way to build a multiple and it is impossible to rebuild due to the KP investment. It would seem possibly sensible for them to treat AWs alone as an exception for this reason, but then if they have refused to rebuild your Mountain Halls it sounds like you've already done this more than once.

DeletedUser8409

That Fire Phoenix MA abuse wouldn't be possible if there was a simple Undo button since if it only undid your most recent action then it would be greyed out if your most recent action was crafting in the Academy.

Pauly7

Magus
It is true. If they could program an undo feature then that would be a good way to avoid the problem in the first place, although the crux of this gripe centres around Inno's refusal to take action and reinstate a deleted building.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
I cannot imagine that an undo function in a multiplayer game would be possible at all. Many things one player does influences other players. Would you like to have changes to your town because another player presses the undo button?

Deleted User - 2044766

No, go on, bore me! ... What particular game manipulation are you trying to stop ? I would like to hear the rationale behind why Innogames would want to do something that deliberately antagonises their own players. The only manipulation I can see is gaining extra space for rearranging our towns and you have already provided for this type of manipulation by introducing the Teleport spell.

The Fellowship Adventures and some Events force us into a game style where we use all available space to construct Level 1 Workshops and Manufactories. At the end of these we then have to delete all of those buildings and occasionally there are "casualties". In my case. for the last FA that was more than 50 buildings, where you fall into a pattern and don't necessarily check as thoroughly as you should. In the process, yes, I did manage to accidentally delete a Level 31 Workshop that was hiding a Level 1 Workshop, and the "are you sure" prompt looks the same for both! Why not let me reinstate it? More than a month of effort and countless time spells later, I've got it back.

If you are worried about manipulation, how about a "recycle box" that is controlled by you guys, the moderators? It could have a 2 day expiry time, so that people don't come back "years later", which I agree is unreasonable. With your all-seeing powers and obvious game knowledge, you could see whether the deletion was a legitimate error or a deliberate game manipulation and not reinstate the building. I agree that not all buildings should be available but any normal building over Level 20 and Ancient Wonders over Level 5 where you have to use runes to upgrade them should be considered.

You have already admitted that you have the ability to reinstate buildings, despite what I was told when I accidentally deleted my Level 11 Mountain Halls 2 years ago. Incidentally, I have only just got that back to where it was and it almost led to me quitting the game. It was only one my my Fellowship members that talked me into continuing.

At the end of the day, I will only spend money in this game if I enjoy playing it. At times, playing the game is a time-wasting chore, and if I decide not to play it, then it is Inno that loses out, not me.

Yo, Bro, Ya juss goin' on..n..on after u done messing up your game all on your own, bro who'ya ranting at?.. I might juss go ask that FPS game to give me back dat life I lost when I snuck round dat bend too fast....weel what d u know...? I think I'm gonna go yell down my bf cos' ya see I juss spilled ma beer...sheeeesh...

Last edited by a moderator:

AstralSoul

Illusionist
@Adelinn Sadly those gamers who like to bend and break rules would prevent the recycle bin being a viable option, as usual the 1% stuff it up for the other 99% of us :(

Even being a former super game operator in another empire-building year ago, I am having a hard time imagining how cheaters can abuse this. It will leave a visible trace at that account's admin tool. Unless you are referring for people to dope buildings, maybe is possible with a recycle bin option, and how the server updates as we play.

So, I believe that is the risk (and it would be a mess, actually), right? Otherwise, can't imagine haha. I am sure you guys can see any hack someone does since you guys know where, and how we got all to the very last unit of dust.

DeletedUser4027

Yo, Bro, Ya juss goin' on..n..on after u done messing up your game all on your own, bro who'ya ranting at?.. I might juss go ask that FPS game to give me back dat life I lost when I snuck round dat bend too fast....weel what d u know...? I think I'm gonna go yell down my bf cos' ya see I juss spilled ma beer...sheeeesh...
Been in isolation long?

DeletedUser4027

Not sure I understand if you delete your Fire Phoenix, you lose all of your upgrade artifacts, so what would be the point of building another one?

Pauly7

Magus
Not sure I understand if you delete your Fire Phoenix, you lose all of your upgrade artifacts, so what would be the point of building another one?
I believe it's hypothetical, but you could easily be holding onto extra Phoenix artefacts. During that event last Summer many people collected enough to fully upgrade 2 or more birds. If the above was possible and someone had been so inclined then this outcome could have become a distinct liklihood.