• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New Game Features Pet Manufactory

DeletedUser6935

Issue: The Pet concept has been around for a while now and more Pets are being made available to place and feed. At the moment, the only source of Pet Food is the Magic Academy. Were Pet Food a guaranteed feature with every recipe reset, every 6 hours, then it wouldn't be such a pressing issue. But, as it stands, Pet Food availability has just gotten worse. And, even worse, resetting the recipes with diamonds doesn't guarantee that Pet Food will appear either.

Fix: Create a building, a manufactory if you like, dedicated solely to Pets. Note that I didn't say, "Pet Food." This building could produce Pet Food and maybe also produce the required Artifacts of placed Pets. The Pet Food angle is obvious, i.e. we need more Pet Food. The cost could be coins, supplies, goods, or whatever, as long as it doesn't require Orcs. We don't need another sink hole to send Orcs into.

In terms of the Artifacts to upgrade placed Pets people may think this would defeat the point of doing well in the event that had the Pet as a Grand Prize and they would be absolutely right. So, maybe limit the ability to produce Artifacts for only those Pets crafted in the Magic Academy. This would also resolve the problem of newer players having missed out on essential Pets from previous events, e.g. the Fire Phoenix. Or those older players that decided to forgo such Pets, as at the time they weren't essential but new developments may have added more importance to their acquisition.

The Magic Academy already prevents the acquisition of more than one of each Pet, so this concept can't be abused in that sense. Plus, the only way to get more than one of each Pet would still be by pushing hard during the event. I suppose there could be the issue of a single event offering 2 or 3 Pets to choose from, so a player places one of them and then crafts another one later on to then produce artifacts to max both of them. For that maybe make it explicit that crafted artifacts can only be used on crafted Pets and apply a "block" to prevent their usage on Pets gained via events. However, in the end, even in those events that produce exceptional Pets the completion of the event itself produces far more rewards than just the Pet. For that reason, even if someone did find a loophole with this system, so that they didn't have to complete the event, they'd only be cheating themselves out of everything else the event offered; namely coin instants, supply instants, KP, KP instants, PP, etc.

If there's no appetite to create a building to produce Pet Food here's an alternative idea: Pet Food is classed as an Enchantment in terms of Inventory placement, so maybe allow the Magic Academy the option to Produce it rather than Craft it. That then creates a strategic quandary of priority in terms of Combining Catalysts, Magical Manufacturing and Pet Food.

Please and thank you.

Timneh

Artisan
I agree that there now needs to be more petfood with all the things that now need feeding but i really doubt that the devs will make a building that gives artifacts as well as they have always said that artifacts are intended to be very rare. Maybe they don't want every player to have a fully evolved building.

Gargon667

Mentor
I don´t understand really, we haven´t had a new pet worth feeding in a year now.

I have a firebird, 2 brown bears, 2 polar bears and I have had them all for a year. I feed the Firebird a few times a week, the polar bears once every other week and the brown bears when I boost troops, I have all the other pets, too but there is no reason to ever feed them (other than humanitarian reasons). Oh yes and I have over 200 pet foods lol. I guess 50-100 of them I might have gotten from flipping the MA, but I have always had over 100... So no, I certainly did not go for the daily prize this event...
As long as you are online to check every MA recipe, you should not have trouble with Pet Food if you don´t waste them on all the useless pets... If you are online less you most likely have fewer pets, too... All you really need is 3 pet food per week for the firebird. Everything else is optional.

Not withstanding that it would be nice to have a way to make unlimited pet food to be able to feed all the starving useless pets for the fun of it! So I agree with ST other ways of producing Pet Food would be fun!

If the idea was to make us choose between pets, well then the devs have to go and create some pets actually worth feeding! But making pets like this year (Coldfire and Moonbear) is not going to put anyone in doubt which one to feed, the answer is always going to be neither of them!

DeletedUser6935

Ok, scrap the artifacts idea.

@Gargon667 I built and use the Coldfire Phoenix and I intend to do the same with the Moon Bear:
  • The Coldfire Phoenix gives me 2 KP every 48 hours; plus 14 KP per scout, which is also about every 48 hours. On average that's 8 KP a day.
  • The Moon Bear will give me 3 KP every 24 hours, plus 9 KP for NH everyday. That's a total of 12 KP a day.
  • Together the Coldfire Phoenix and Moon Bear will give me 20 KP a day, more or less.

A Pet's ability is only useless if you have no use for it. Amongst my numerous other KP-gaining activities I'm not gonna scoff at an extra 20 KP every day for just scouting and NH like I do anyway. Or look at it this way: it's the equivalent of 20 KP profit on a hunt target (everyday) but without the headache of watching it or getting bumped ;)

I'm so active that I see all 4 refreshed recipes every day. Occasionally. I also use diamonds to force a refresh. Despite this, however, I'm still nearly always out of Pet Food. I've only ever run out once. It feeds:
  • Fire Phoenix 3 or 4 times a week, depending on IRL commitments.
  • Polar Bear once a week.
  • 2 Brown Bears every 3 weeks.
  • Coldfire Phoenix 7 times over 2 week.
  • I will feed the Moon Bear about 7 times over 2 weeks, too. The way that NH chests operate should allow me to get away with that.

So, yes, I need more Pet Food.

Here another alternative idea: guarantee Pet Food in every recipe refresh or every 3 of 4 refreshes. There are so many junk recipes that could be removed to accommodate this, e.g. relic recipes. Who, once they've hit the 700% goods boosts, really needs to craft relics? I doubt anyone crafts them to maintain relic stocks for producing CCs, as that just seems like a losing battle.

valle

Soothsayer
I'm so active that I see all 4 refreshed recipes every day. Occasionally. I also use diamonds to force a refresh. Despite this, however, I'm still nearly always out of Pet Food. I've only ever run out once. It feeds:
  • I will feed the Moon Bear about 7 times over 2 weeks, too. The way that NH chests operate should allow me to get away with that.

I think you need to prioritize when to use pet food. Of course you will run out of them if you use them like you do.

DeletedUser6472

I use pet food 2 times per week on fire bird and 1 time per week on brown bear and some weeks I don't have any pet food to feed my fire bird. When I have over 3 pet food in inventory - it's a holiday for me, and no, I don't waste pet food unnecessary. Again returning to ridiculous RNG system in this game, the same as with spell fragments... I always wished that we could have a small (2x2) pet food producing building, limit 1 per city and just 1 pet food per day.

DeletedUser6935

Whoever moderated my post: It's interesting that I can't call someone a "snob" for saying I utilise "useless" pets but it's perfectly ok for me to be accused of using "useless" Pets. Surely, my gaming style has been criticised inconsiderately? FYI, not going to lose any sleep over this but thought I'd point out the very obvious double standard there :rolleyes:

@valle You've basically made the same point as Gargon667, which is valid. I think we can all agree that the best Pets are Fire Phoenix, Brown Bear and Polar Bear; in that order. So, if the point is that we need to prioritise Pet Food use why bring out any new Pets at all, especially if they're magnitudes worse in value? I'm not saying that we should use all the Pets, far from it. But, surely, by creating all these Pets the expectation would be that we would also use the not so great ones. And to do that we need Pet Food, hence the suggestion. By all means, ration how many Pets we can have but why also ration how many Pets we can use?

The "deal with it" (or "suck it up", depending on colloquial preference) argument is a very easy one to make but it's also not a particularly helpful one. That argument implies that feedback and suggestions aren't important, thus shouldn't be given. It kinda makes the point of the "Ideas and Suggestions" subforum and the numerous feedback threads somewhat redundant.

I mean, let's put this into perspective: I'm not asking the devs for a million diamonds...I just want more Pet Food. It's not exactly an unreasonable request in the grand scheme of things ;)

Edit: It was somewhat remiss of me not to acknowledge that both positive and negative feedback on suggestions are equally important. For that I apologise. However, when making negative points it’s unhelpful to state your (and by “your” I mean “anyone”, as this bit isn’t for anyone specific) minimalist playing style and that it works, therefore the suggestion is null and void. I think we can all agree that there are many playing styles; none of which are necessarily superior to the others, as the purpose of a playing style may also differ from player to player. Instead, explain why the suggestion is a bad idea; what functions will it break, how is it overpowered, possible technical obstacles, if you believe it gratuitous then why, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alcaro

Necromancer
I use 3 Pet Food every week, to cover the tournament and the 1st day of Spire. I check the MA for new recipes and most days I cover all 4 sets. Even so, Pet Food recipes are almost as scarce as military 5 days boost buildings. The random system of giving recipes is bad, very bad. Some get Pet food or Milit. buildings almost every day, others don't see those recipes in weeks. I had days when I got 2 Pet Food recipes in same batch of recipes. Ofc I crafted both (using time instants for that), yet, I have weeks when I didn't get any recipe of them.
I would like to have a building giving 1 pet food - even if it's 1/ 48h.

Pauly7

Magus
@Gargon667 I built and use the Coldfire Phoenix and I intend to do the same with the Moon Bear:
  • The Coldfire Phoenix gives me 2 KP every 48 hours; plus 14 KP per scout, which is also about every 48 hours. On average that's 8 KP a day.
  • The Moon Bear will give me 3 KP every 24 hours, plus 9 KP for NH everyday. That's a total of 12 KP a day.
  • Together the Coldfire Phoenix and Moon Bear will give me 20 KP a day, more or less.

A Pet's ability is only useless if you have no use for it. Amongst my numerous other KP-gaining activities I'm not gonna scoff at an extra 20 KP every day for just scouting and NH like I do anyway. Or look at it this way: it's the equivalent of 20 KP profit on a hunt target (everyday) but without the headache of watching it or getting bumped ;)

Just to say, you seem to argue with your own point here. Moon Bear and Coldfire Phoenix would usually only be fed by people who haven't got other pets to feed. You're intending to use 1 pet food a day to get back 15KP a day. My first thought is that you can't ever sustain that usage, even without other pets. Even if the pet food is available then I can't dream of a reason why 15KP might be worth a pet food to someone... unless... you have no other pets to feed.

If you fed your Polar Bear once a week, your Fire Phoenix twice a week (presumably you don't need more than that with the Polar Bear fed) and your Brown Bears once a week (x2) then those extra troops will probably get you more KP from the tournament than you're getting from feeding Coldfire and Moon Bear.

Anyway, I hadn't meant to get into that so deeply. My point was supposed to be - Inno aren't going to appreciably increase the numbers of available pet foods because they want you to make a choice of which ones to feed. If you have all these other superior pets then yes, the Moon Bear's feeding effect becomes effectively useless. You're saying above that you are using 14 or 15 pet foods a week. No one can do that. Not even half that.

Gargon667

Mentor
Ok, scrap the artifacts idea.

Here another alternative idea: guarantee Pet Food in every recipe refresh or every 3 of 4 refreshes. There are so many junk recipes that could be removed to accommodate this, e.g. relic recipes. Who, once they've hit the 700% goods boosts, really needs to craft relics? I doubt anyone crafts them to maintain relic stocks for producing CCs, as that just seems like a losing battle.

Well now I understand how you can be low on Pet Food. Didn´t think anyone would feed those guys more than occasionally.

Of course useless is an exaggeration, nothing is entirely useless. But in my eyes 20 KP a day? Not worth a lot of Pet Foods, especially not anymore now with the new tourneys... You just spend Pet Food to make tourneys more difficult. But of course that is a personal choice if you feel the 20 KP is worth it to you that is great.
Now the question if there should be enough Pet Food to feed every Pet is a difficult one to answer, I think it depends if the developers plan on making more powerful pets in the future or not. If not then I see no problem having unlimited pet food for all the "useless" pets. If they make powerful ones in the future having limited Pet Food can be used for balancing. It would mean that new players have no lifelong disadvantage. If There is only pet food available to say feed 3 pets we can feed our Firebird, brown Bear and Polar Bear, while a new player may have 3 new powerful pets to feed, of course we can choose to feed a new one, but then we won´t have the possibility to feed one of the old ones anymore and thus eliminate the disadvantage of new players.
At least I think that would be the reasoning behind having limited pet food. If that is not the case I wouldn´t mind giving everybody all the pet food they want, but I would prefer a not-enforced method. So no constant Pet Food recipes in the MA, I am already getting as many (or more?) recipes as I want and getting even more, would make them as useful as the relic recipes. I wouldn´t mind an optional way of more pet food for people that want it, for example the way they have chosen now: A daily prize in the event! Of course given the recent stinginess with daily prizes, one cannot expect much more than 1 pet food. But it´s a start. If you spend all your currency on it you get what? 15? wouldn´t that be an OK contribution to your Pet food consumption? Events now come once a month, so I think it should cover what you are lacking for 4 weeks, then repeat the exercise. It´s not like you are missing out on an great dailies if you spend them on Pet Food, according to your calculation I think you get more than the 150 KP I get in instants (if I choose those), but that´s fair, you have a lot more work as well, you should get some more KP.