• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Pet food

CrazyWizard

Shaman
How do you reset your timer, @CrazyWizard ?
Reset your timer.
There are 4 recipe pools each lasting 6 hours, when you reset your recipes the timer will go back to 6 hours.

This means for example if you sleep from 10 PM to 7 PM you could reset your recipes at 9PM once.
This will create a pool of recipes before you go to sleep. then at 3AM a new recipe pool will appear till 9 AM. this allows you to see the new recipes when you wake up between 7AM and 9AM.

This way you can easily see all 4 recipe pools a day, without haveing to compromise in RL. /quote]

Pauly7

Magus
On purpose, was trying to avoid the complaint that not everybody sleeps 8 hours or less.

But you got me the other way around:oops:
I assumed it was a typo that your example suggested having 21 hours of sleep! :) I think my head would be fuzzy after that. :p

Gargon667

Mentor
I assumed it was a typo that your example suggested having 21 hours of sleep! :) I think my head would be fuzzy after that. :p

Fuzzy or not, the idea only works with sleep less than 12 hours, but @CrazyWizard only needs to swap a P for an A and his ordiginal idea of 9h sleep will work just fine :D

Pauly7

Magus
On the subject of frequency of items appearing in the Magic Academy, there is another one that I have a small amount of personal data on: For a period of time I've been crafting every single 20 hr, 14 hr and 8 hr time instant that I have seen. During this time (probably the same 8 weeks I mentioned above) I have found 55 x 20 hr instants and 34 x 14 hr instants. During the same time I've collected 48 x 8 hr instants, but I'm fairly sure that at least 24 of those came from mystical chest rewards.

So this may be down to luck, but I've always felt that there is a greater chance of finding 20 hr compared to 14 hr and a greater chance of finding 14 hr compare to 8 hr.

Gargon667

Mentor
Sometimes I think I should apply to be a game mod, would be so much easier to figure things out with access to my towns history ;) But I guess then I wouldn´t be allowed to tell you about it anymore...

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
I like @Gargon667 this side of the Curtain... :D :p

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Sometimes I think I should apply to be a game mod, would be so much easier to figure things out with access to my towns history ;) But I guess then I wouldn´t be allowed to tell you about it anymore...
If you think you would be a good moderator and want to be one you should apply.

I am not sure how moderators are implemented here there are 2 ways:
  • Players are made moderator under there in-game name, this was what happened on my liveserver in the past, and it was disastrous, it creates a lot of issues. as you said, you no longer have a voice as a player, you are harrased in-game by players as they do not see the distinction between mod-gargon667 and player-gargon667. and then the issue when you quit, as accounts are linked, you'll be always seen as "the mod" for example posts made on the forum as a moderator. arent demodded ect. this is not the way it should be done, and this is how it's no loger done on my live server.
  • You have and keep your player account gargon667, but you get another account name lets say Mod-Fluffy. you now are officially a split personality. you have your mod-fluffy account where you should behave like a moderator, and you have your Gargon667 account where you are a player and can respond as a player. without mod contraints. surely this only works if you do not tell players that those 2 are the same person. but thats part of the split personality rule.
So if you want to be a mod, do not hesitate because you no longer be able to respond as a player, because you will not have to.
In my personal opinion mods should be "behind the lines" as much as they possibly can. and be for example reserved about there responses on forums. I have seen forums go sour because mods answered all the questions people asked, because of that at some point all the players refused player responses and only accepted the wordt of a mod. as a result the forums kinda died out.

So when you must, respond as a mod with your mod account, if you do not, be that player you always have been and let players be the conversation partners.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
If you think you would be a good moderator and want to be one you should apply.

I am not sure how moderators are implemented here there are 2 ways:
  • Players are made moderator under there in-game name, this was what happened on my liveserver in the past, and it was disastrous, it creates a lot of issues. as you said, you no longer have a voice as a player, you are harrased in-game by players as they do not see the distinction between mod-gargon667 and player-gargon667. and then the issue when you quit, as accounts are linked, you'll be always seen as "the mod" for example posts made on the forum as a moderator. arent demodded ect. this is not the way it should be done, and this is how it's no loger done on my live server.
  • You have and keep your player account gargon667, but you get another account name lets say Mod-Fluffy. you now are officially a split personality. you have your mod-fluffy account where you should behave like a moderator, and you have your Gargon667 account where you are a player and can respond as a player. without mod contraints. surely this only works if you do not tell players that those 2 are the same person. but thats part of the split personality rule.
So if you want to be a mod, do not hesitate because you no longer be able to respond as a player, because you will not have to.
In my personal opinion mods should be "behind the lines" as much as they possibly can. and be for example reserved about there responses on forums. I have seen forums go sour because mods answered all the questions people asked, because of that at some point all the players refused player responses and only accepted the wordt of a mod. as a result the forums kinda died out.

So when you must, respond as a mod with your mod account, if you do not, be that player you always have been and let players be the conversation partners.

Point 2 is exactly how it works :)

And may I just say... I love being a Moderator here... and I love all you wonderful Forums Members! If it's something you want to do, then I say go for it!!

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Gargon667

Mentor
Thanks for the endorsements, but it was just an idle thought. I am already spending more time on the game than is strictly speaking healthy and I am not trying to actively aggravate the situation by adding a couple more hours of elvenar to each day...

Also I am a horrible schemer, I couldn´t really handle two personalities (Orcs have trouble with having just one personality), it would require me to constantly remember what I have told who in which personality lol, I can´t even remember what I said yesterday in my one personality, not even starting on a second one, so I´d spend most of my time going back through posts trying to figure out which account said what to whom...

Maybe one day when I am retired ;)

I just had a horrible thought: What happens if Gargon and Fluffy (btw that name is burned now for any actual future mods, unless they want to be suspected of being an Orc) disagree on a subject? Better not even think of that... No, no extra personalities for Gargon it would end most certainly in disaster.