• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question pet food

Is there anyway of gaining pet food other than the Magic Academy I hardly ever seem to be able to craft it now and wondered if there was another other way of seeing it. i use it for the tournaments and have almost run out.

Pauly7

Magus
Crafting in the MA is the main way for sure. It's not unheard of for pet food to be given as an event prize, but that hasn't happened for a while, I think.

It's important to craft every one that you see and then also be very selective about which pets to feed. I feed my Fire Phoenix three times a week and two bears once a week each. Using five a week seems to be a good level. Occasionally I use a few more, when my supplies are OK.

Gargon667

Mentor
thank you Pauly7 I do use them sparingly but I never seem to get the opportunity to make 5 a week

How often do you check your MA? You get 4 opportunities every day. I find they days when I get no pet food about as rare as the days when I get more than 1. So I would say average is 1 per day. If you only check 2 times a day you´ll of course only get half of that, if you check once, you only get a quarter...

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
It may be worth bearing in mind that if you are already Crafting something when the new choices arrive, that you are in effect blocking one from arriving. Worth using Boosters to finish them off to make sure to get 5 choices every time as that one could be blocking exactly this @EnchantedGilda

Pauly7

Magus
It may be worth bearing in mind that if you are already Crafting something when the new choices arrive, that you are in effect blocking one from arriving. Worth using Boosters to finish them off to make sure to get 5 choices every time as that one could be blocking exactly this @EnchantedGilda
In particular, there is only one slot where a pet food can be produced, so if you have one already cooking when the recipes flip then there's zero chance of another one appearing. I will happily let something stay crafting so long as it's a less important one, such as a supply instant.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
I have been trying to keep an eye out if I ever see pet food in consecutive rounds in the MA, but it seems not to be the case. I do speed up production as I do not want to miss out if it should happen.

Wowwie

Soothsayer
Would be nice to see Pet food in the M to craft especially for event quest
I am always crafting but pet food very rarely comes up, we have all these buildings that require pet food and sit dormant and useless

Gargon667

Mentor
I really don´t know what you guys all do that I don´t or the other way round. I have 250 Pet Food in my inventory. Some of it sure comes from cycling the MA, but I last did that during last FA and the numbers haven´t been going down since then either.
I check the MA 4 times a day for sure, I craft every single one that comes through and otherwise I don´t waste them on silly pets (well basically any pet except firebird, brown bear and polar bear), so either people don´t check their MA or they waste the pet food. So whichever it is, change your behavior in one of these two points and you´ll be fine. Really no need for more Pet Food in the MA.

Pauly7

Magus
I really don´t know what you guys all do that I don´t or the other way round. I have 250 Pet Food in my inventory.
People just feed their pets too often or feed the wrong ones. If people limit it to 4 or 5 pet foods used each week there shouldn't be any issue.

I do check my MA at least twice a day and sometimes more often if I am crafting three hour products, and I agree I used to have plenty of pet food, but i think that the supply has dwindled, I really only use on the polar bear as occasionally the aureate phoenix. I will make a huge effort for the coming week to look each time the MA turns over. thanks for the help tho

Piglets For All

Soothsayer
How often do you check your MA? You get 4 opportunities every day. I find they days when I get no pet food about as rare as the days when I get more than 1. So I would say average is 1 per day. If you only check 2 times a day you´ll of course only get half of that, if you check once, you only get a quarter...
I'm always amazed when I see posts like this - I am home all the time and other than sleeping am in and out of my cities from when I wake until I go to bed and I'm lucky to get 2 pet food a week. The same could also be said for battle boosts. Just out of curiosity, if you have 250 pet food why do you still craft it, or is it just that there's nothing else you want and you're looking to get a lot of MOs?

Gargon667

Mentor
I'm always amazed when I see posts like this - I am home all the time and other than sleeping am in and out of my cities from when I wake until I go to bed and I'm lucky to get 2 pet food a week. The same could also be said for battle boosts. Just out of curiosity, if you have 250 pet food why do you still craft it, or is it just that there's nothing else you want and you're looking to get a lot of MOs?

Well I craft 24/7 because I do like the MOs :D
Pet Food is a resource that is not entirely useless so i keep crafting it. Who knows what Inno comes up with in the future. 250 is by far the rarest enchantment in my inventory also compared to all other resources it is among the lowest... If I stopped crafting them they would slowly go down and dimish until I ran out, then I would have to start complaining like all the other folks, so I rather keep crafting ;)

Gargon667

Mentor
People just feed their pets too often or feed the wrong ones. If people limit it to 4 or 5 pet foods used each week there shouldn't be any issue.

I don´t think I use that many, but I guess that is why I have so many of them I´ve been collecting them for nearly 2 years now :)

Oh btw there is one more tip: Time Warp AW in chapter 14, makes you be able to play tourneys on less than 3 Pet Foods and still play 6 rounds.

Timneh

Artisan
It is not unusual for me to go 2 or 3 days and not see pet food in the MA and i check 4 times a day and use boosters to make sure all slots are available when the next cycle comes. As @Lelanya says the RNG can be really nasty to some players.

Pauly7

Magus
It is not unusual for me to go 2 or 3 days and not see pet food in the MA and i check 4 times a day and use boosters to make sure all slots are available when the next cycle comes. As @Lelanya says the RNG can be really nasty to some players.
This is true, but I find that it balances in the end. I usually keep my stock of pet foods at about 50. I usually use 4 each week (two on brown bears and two on Fire Phoenix - (I think I said 3 further up, but that was a typo) - plus on some weeks another couple end up going into the brown bears). If you can get yourself up a good buffer then you can survive the longest bad patches. I've seen my stock drop down into the 30s and go up into the 60s.

The thing is with the RNG is that you have to allow for those streaks. If I think that I get, on average, 5 pet foods a week, then if I only had 5 in stock then it's very likely I would run out at some time in the next couple of weeks. If 5 a week is the average then you will see some weeks when you get none at all. It wouldn't even be that unusual to see only about 2 in a 3 week spell. If you hit a run like that when you don't have any pet food left then I understand how it seems like they've disappeared and I feel your pain.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
I think one must remember that what is true for you, may not be true for others. We do not play under the same conditions, we do not have the same number of pets that possibly needs feeding, we do not get the same numbers of pet foods to craft, etc, etc. Good for whoever gets or have the high number of pet foods. but that is not what I see in my cities, and for me low numbers is the norm.

How to operate in a situation where you have very few? I try and ration mine so that I at least have 1 at any given moment. That does mean that I have to do some tournament rounds without feeding the red bird. Luckily I am not in a high score demanding fellowship, so that what I can do with the help of other booster buildings are acceptable. We could play the game before we got pets, so we still should be able to do it.

It is however bad when an event quest asks for the use of 2 pet foods. That to me indicates that the assumption is that pet food is as available as any of the enchantments, which is not the case.