• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Pet food

Hekata

Artisan
What happened to pet food? I used to have it in every cycle at least once and sometimes as much as 4 and now I can go 2 days without seeing one? Down to my last 2 sacks. My bird is going to starve. I have a storm phoenix and it needs a lot of is because of that 3,5 hours limited effect. Has anyone else noticed there is less of it?

DeletedUser3571

Can't say i have noticed any less, right now i have 3 in my selection and had 1 in my earlier one.
Seems like you are unlucky :(

Hekata

Artisan
Sigh... my earlier section had the "big" buildings -merchant, chess, mana sawmill and something like coin rain and now I have only relics and small 2x1 culture and before all of that I had 4 of those 2x2 culture buildings and a spell. So I think I got my last pet food 4 selections ago :(

Pauly7

Magus
I haven't noticed a lot less, except they keep adding new things into the circulation which dilutes everything. I've now seen just one blueprint conversion item in about the last 6 weeks.

Hekata

Artisan
I get those at least once or twice a week, and I have never had a single blueprint. Ironic.

DeletedUser3671

Interestingly, in my Constructs city i have gotten way less pet food for weeks now. But my now Halflings, when in S&D got a lot of pet food. It looks like i still do. Which is a little annoying since i have enough and i still need to craft two of them plus something else to get to 15 VisionVapors.

Hekata

Artisan
I am in elementals and it has been at least a couple of weeks since the amount of pet food has dropped. My other city is in orcs and same there although I do get it more often than in the first one. I just got another selection and again no pet food :eek: I mostly cater and trade so I need my phoenix a lot for this event.
And don't get me started on the 15vv crafting quest. It does take long but I don't mind crafting pet food 3 times in a row becasue at least I get something useful. I had a selection where the total amount of the 5 objects amounted to 15 or 16 VV all useless to me :rolleyes:

DeletedUser3671

If i get a big one with 15 or more, whether i can use it or not, i craft it. Then i just turn it into fragments later. If there's nothing "worth" crafting and there's just been a change in recipes, i just craft what is. And from time to time use time instants to get it done ;-)

Hekata

Artisan
I do the same but I keep running out of catalysts (so often boosters for those too). I am currently crafting a chess piece and that's the 3rd time I craft that set I don't really need. But when you get 3 relics and 2 rune shards and you'd have to craft them all to get your 15 VV it's not worth the catalysts and the boosters so I wait for the next round :rolleyes:

But seriously Inno, give me my pet food! My bird is starting to turn to ash :(

DeletedUser3671

Yes, i do that too :)

Hmm, i thought you only got to craft the chess set one time. I haven't had the recipes for since crafted it first time.

Hekata

Artisan
Yes, you are right just 1 time, but the first time I didn't know that so when I realised I wouldn't be building it I just used it for fragments. Then I learned about the trick and I crafted it so it wouldn't come up in the MA anymore. But I've been asked so many time for the 900 spell fragments during this event I had to use the set and now it's all back into rotation :rolleyes:

DeletedUser3671

You know it has been upgraded to give more ?

I know it's not much in the big pool. But i like it and also love my daily KP from it :)

I build it very late. I think i was in Elementals. I played very efficient. But it turns out that when you reach higher chapters, it's not the same. The event buildings give more than residences and workshops. Gives culture too. And i also got tired of the same look in almost every city, so i started adding some nice looking elements to my city, from when we had the Carnival event :)

Hekata

Artisan
I know it gives more now but I'm not sure it's enough, I'll have to check the numbers again but last time they seemed low for that amount of space.

I have been relying on event buildings for pop, culture and mana fora very long while now and I also prefer how they look compared to the ones offered by research so my city is full of them :) My biggest problem is to let go of them when they become less useful so I have some pieces from when I was chapter 4 and I am in elementals now :oops:

I just got a new selection and no pet food again! It's at least the 4th time in a row if not more. And I spoke with some of my team mates and it's the same for them. Is there a possibility to get an answer from the devs if anything has been changed? What do I do, tag the moderators? It's extremely annoying to have a phoenix and not be able to use it.

Deleted User - 1759805

I can't say amounts of pet food recipes dropped for me. I went through at least 9 "Gain 15VV" quests with crafting almost exclusively pet food, so I increased my pet food stockpiles during this event. But I only need 3 PFs per week for the Fire Phoenix.

Pauly7

Magus
I just got a new selection and no pet food again! It's at least the 4th time in a row if not more. And I spoke with some of my team mates and it's the same for them. Is there a possibility to get an answer from the devs if anything has been changed?
Because this question is fresh in my mind I took notice. On the next rotation of craftable items I got a pet food. On the rotation after that I got 2 x pet food so for me it's still coming at a fair frequency. I do admit that it does look like less than before, of late. A while ago I was inundated with it, getting 2 or 3 in each selection. At this time I think I started a post, or mentioned in a post, that I believe the odds were not the same for each item. I still believe this, but as others will say it is difficult to be sure when we're getting to see just 5 items once every 8 hours. What swings it for me, though, is that we don't ever get an official response saying that the odds are indeed even.

On the RR spells it is still the same for me. 1 in 6 weeks. Could this be random chance? Maybe. There is someone here, I can't remember who, that calculated the probability of a certain item appearing. If they see this maybe it could all be put into perspective.

Hekata

Artisan
@MinMax Gamer Well guess I'm just having bad luck with pet food. I used to have lot of it since I didn't use my storm phoenix very often but now because the event is taking so much of my resources I had to run with it almost every day and my pet food stock disappeared. I'm also thinking that it might be because I had to disenchant that chess set so all the pieces got back into rotation.

@Pauly7 I finally got 2 in the current selection, we'll see what happens in the next one. But in the previous one I had a RR spell one again. I had a theory a while ago that the frequency of how often a recipe (or at least some recipes) appears also depends on how often you craft it. I based that on portal profits. At the beginning I didn't think they were very useful so I didn't craft any and they used to appear all the time. Then I discover they could speed up the game a lot so I started crafting every one I get and very fast they became rare. I'd go weeks without seeing one. So my idea was that you get a limit (weekly or monthly) of how many you can make and then you'll have to wait until it resets. It could apply to the RR spells too. Since I don't have blueprints I only craft them once in a while when I have some diamonds to spare and they come regularly. You probably craft them every time you see them. It's just a thought though, probably not how it works.

Pauly7

Magus
So my idea was that you get a limit (weekly or monthly) of how many you can make and then you'll have to wait until it resets. It could apply to the RR spells too.
Interesting idea, but surely that would be so difficult to code. We know, however, that Inno is well versed at just setting fixed percentage probabilities for different items. My thought is that this is going on without the percentages being displayed so then they have the freedom to just turn down the probability dial on pet food if everyone is managing to keep their pets fed too much of the time.

Timneh

Artisan
I'm certainly not getting less pet food in crafting, i get at least one in almost every cycle and currnetly have three along with a unicorn and a codex.

Hekata

Artisan
@Timneh Sigh... All right I guess I'm just very unlucky because again no pet food in either of my cities :(

@Pauly7 I don't know anything about coding so I'll take your word for it. But still it's a bit strange that you don't get RR spells for weeks and I don't get portal profits fro weeks. (and now apparently pet food)

Pauly7

Magus
But still it's a bit strange that you don't get RR spells for weeks and I don't get portal profits fro weeks. (and now apparently pet food)
It looks strange to me too, but as we are seeing about 15 recipes a day it's hard to be sure until the pattern has continued for much longer than this.