• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Pet food shortage

Brienne

Novice
As you have given us many event buildings that require pet food to activate them I would certainly appreciate being able to acquire enough pet food to use them. I only have one Phoenix (Fire) in my city and I cannot keep it fed during the tournaments as you don't give us enough pet food to craft in the Magic Academy. I do craft pet food whenever it is available but still run out using just one Fire Phoenix.

Sir Derf

Adept
There was an event about a year-plus ago that included pet food as a possible reward. I think it was a shuffle-board style event. They could bring that back...

Gargon667

Mentor
Until you do get more Pet Food, make sure you play 2 tourney rounds (16hours apart) on each pet food (24h duration), you only need 3 Pet Foods per week to cover all 6 rounds.

How many you get mainly depends on how often you check the MA (up to 4 times a day), but you can increase your chances if you never let that slot in the MA cross the 6hour mark. time boost (and collect) the Pet food before the MA renews, that way you have another chance to get one in the next 6hour section. If it carries over the slot will stay blocked and you will not get another chance.

BTW this is true for all the things you want to get more of. timeboosts, 5 day buildings etc...

Pauly7

Magus
Until you do get more Pet Food, make sure you play 2 tourney rounds (16hours apart) on each pet food (24h duration), you only need 3 Pet Foods per week to cover all 6 rounds.
Or less if you have a Timewarp and/or Polar Bear, of course.

I find that I can feed the Fire Phoenix twice a week and feed my two Brown Bears once each and that will more or less even the status quo... So I think I get about 4 pet foods a week to craft. Sometimes slightly more as at times my stocks will go upwards whilst on this routine.

Feyth

Dreamer
I agree! I check my MA frequently, in one of my cities I have 3 bears and 2 phoenix now and I am lucky to get pet food once or twice a week! I think pet food should be added to every rotation, so we can get the best out of these buildings.

Sir Derf

Adept
RNG will RNG.

Good recipes come to those who wait?
A watched Magic Academy never boils?

Cue a number of postings of "I got it x times this week." and "I haven't seen one 10 days." and "Why, I remember, back in the Spring of '20, I got it 37 rotations in a row. Yup, that was a good day."

Feyth

Dreamer
RNG will RNG.

Good recipes come to those who wait?
A watched Magic Academy never boils?

Cue a number of postings of "I got it x times this week." and "I haven't seen one 10 days." and "Why, I remember, back in the Spring of '20, I got it 37 rotations in a row. Yup, that was a good day."

Ha ha ha :p