• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Pet food manufactory

I would like to see some form of petfood manufactory. I have 3 'pets' and with the amount of petfood coming up in the magic academy it makes it impossible to feed on a regular basis. Makes them almost not worth having

Timneh

Artisan
There used to be far more petfood recipies in the magic academy and when players commented on the large amount instead of the devs telling players that more buildings that would need petfood were coming they took away some of the recipies and now players are short of petfood. Another case of lack of communication from the devs in my opinion.

Sir Derf

Adept
I'm not a squeamish or food-picky person, but I would suggest that the Pet Food Factory should be vegetable/grain or magic based - I don't think I want a continuous stream of cattle entering my building.

Or worse, if in order to make Pet Food, as a required resource you needed to expend Orcs. Soylent Green indeed.

Hey, maybe they could compost/recycle Spell Fragments?

DeletedUser7907

I'd like to see more pet food as well! Either more in the crafting rotation again or a special building. Either way, the current situation is not sustainable :(

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I prefer not to see more petfood in any form or shape,

The limited amound of petfood is a great way to balance and limit it's power.
There a lot of complaints about people with multiple fire phoenixes and bears
The best way to balance it out is to release more pets in the furture so that eventually you have to make choices which pet you feed and when, it's part of the challenge en puzzle of the game.

To bring in more petfood into the game means this "imbalance" will never be solved.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
A portion of use deploy several methods to save petfood, sometimes by being smart sometimes by modifying our cities to accomodate pet food saving.

Give us 2 more petfood a week en we will make it do wonders.
even adding 1-2 more petfood a week will make balancing pet food buildings a lot harder for a long time to come.

Just like several other limited goods, you should use them wisely.

m4rt1n

Adept
With the timewarp AW at level 16, I use only 2 pet food a week on the Fire Phoenix now and find that just about sustainable, however it is rare that I have enough spare to use on the bears.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
The long term average a week for petfood is 6-7 atm. (ssuming you do not mis any of the recipes)

Since the drops are random, you need a decent amount of stock so you can ride out the moments the random is agains you.
But once you have you can start planning around that number a week and create a schedule of use and might make some behavioral adjustments and maybe some city adjustments you might be able to squeeze out those pet foods wat more then you think.

But if you use it whenever it comes you never be able to maximise it's performance.

Gargon667

Mentor
With the timewarp AW at level 16, I use only 2 pet food a week on the Fire Phoenix now and find that just about sustainable, however it is rare that I have enough spare to use on the bears.

Some more levels and a Polar Bear feeding will reduce the Fire Phoenix feeding to 1 per week :) So a total of 3 pet food for 2 weeks.

Hekata

Artisan

Pauly7

Magus
I see. So you feed it on a Friday evening, do 6 rounds Friday night to Saturday night, then another 6 Tuesday night to Wednesday night.

Presumably you'd have to be short on sleep at some point along the way?

Hekata

Artisan
Lol, who needs sleep anyway? :D
I think someone mentioned (not sure who or where but it might be Crazy Wizard) that he does all his rounds in 4 hours, but that might be with a LV 30 Timewarp and Polar bear. That does sound pretty cool to me, I'd like to be done with the tourney in one day.

Pauly7

Magus
I was just having a look and a level 30 Timewarp gives 80% cool-down reduction. The bear gives 20% cool-down reduction. Perhaps that means there is no cool-down at all between tournament rounds. I guess there are people who have tried it with such an advanced Timewarp by now.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I see. So you feed it on a Friday evening, do 6 rounds Friday night to Saturday night, then another 6 Tuesday night to Wednesday night.

Presumably you'd have to be short on sleep at some point along the way?

Almost, if I want to I can start saturday at 18:00 and finish the tournament on tuesday 23:00
This is quite RSI inducing as it's 4 hours of non stop speed clicking, and when your well over halfway you start to loose control over your clickfinger, but I have done the tournament in 4 hours more than once.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I was just having a look and a level 30 Timewarp gives 80% cool-down reduction. The bear gives 20% cool-down reduction. Perhaps that means there is no cool-down at all between tournament rounds. I guess there are people who have tried it with such an advanced Timewarp by now.

every single week :),
0 wait times makes the tournaments a lot lot lot faster as long as you do them on the browser, the app is buggy