• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Pet food manufactory

Pauly7

Magus
OK, I've done some maths... If your Timewarp is level 30 then the cool-down between rounds is 3hr 12min. Which means you can play through a whole tournament in 14hrs (plus slippage).

So if that's right then you can avoid having the Polar Bear at all and use only 2 pet food every 2 weeks on the Fire Phoenix.

Hekata

Artisan
I see how you can use 1 pet food every week, but why do you say 2 pet foods every 2 weeks?

Pauly7

Magus
As soon as I sent it I knew someone would pick up on that! :). I didn't really mean to say it like that. It's just because @Gargon667 had mentioned using 3 pet foods every 2 weeks.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Lol, who needs sleep anyway? :D
I think someone mentioned (not sure who or where but it might be Crazy Wizard) that he does all his rounds in 4 hours, but that might be with a LV 30 Timewarp and Polar bear. That does sound pretty cool to me, I'd like to be done with the tourney in one day.

I thought of the bear many times... but I always wake up naturally around 6:30am or so... so Thursday (43 provinces tomorrow...) at that time I do my third round, and then, the evening of the day, the fourth.

I do what is called "wake back to bed", and while I am at it, I focus on lucid dreaming, and then go back to sleep after my third one. Good thing this week is easy, but five pages!

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I thought of the bear many times... but I always wake up naturally around 6:30am or so... so Thursday (43 provinces tomorrow...) at that time I do my third round, and then, the evening of the day, the fourth.

I do what is called "wake back to bed", and while I am at it, I focus on lucid dreaming, and then go back to sleep after my third one. Good thing this week is easy, but five pages!

Already finished a long while ago ;), I love the polar bear.
1591225101593.png

AstralSoul

Illusionist
That's nice. I did my third this morning. No lucid dream though hahaha, but is good trying too :) (and meanwhile rounding 3rd round). I have an egg and two extra level ups, with the wishing-well drainage, I am considering, but maybe it is best this way for me. Today at 11PM, fourth round.

Hekata

Artisan

I would never cut on my sleeping hours just to do a round of tourney. And I don't need to: I never do the last round since it's mostly only good for those going for ranking points. I have enough shards as it is and we can't stock more than 10 broken shards anyway.

As for your lucid dreaming thing, I'm not a fan. The few times it happened to me, my dreams turned to lucid nightmares, not enjoyable at all :eek:

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I would never cut on my sleeping hours just to do a round of tourney. And I don't need to: I never do the last round since it's mostly only good for those going for ranking points. I have enough shards as it is and we can't stock more than 10 broken shards anyway.

As for your lucid dreaming thing, I'm not a fan. The few times it happened to me, my dreams turned to lucid nightmares, not enjoyable at all :eek:
round 6 is still 16KP from 3 provinces,

Om my small account I try to get those as well, trouble is only timewarp / polar bear made me lazy, and now I got a hard time sticking to a tournament schedule.

It fits in perfectly with my work schedule as I leave for work at 6am, and my 3rd round is aviable at thursday 5am.
This assuming I do not forget to take my luchbreak somewhere between 11am and 1pm on wednesday. sometimes I am to busy and totally forget the time.

Pauly7

Magus
round 6 is still 16KP from 3 provinces
15 :)

I always do at least the 3 x KP provinces in round 6, but to be honest even if I'm not pushing for a good score then I usually do at least the first 10 provinces of round 6, just because it's very light on resources, especially if you're already done up to the nines with a fed phoenix and some other upgrades.

Hekata

Artisan
round 6 is still 16KP from 3 provinces,
True, I'm not saying it's completely useless to do it. There are 3 MMs too, I use them a lot. But personally I'd gladly sacrifice those KP and be able to play the event at my pace than to be forced to stick to a schedule. This game is slowly becoming too demanding for me; between the spire, the tourney, the constant events, the crafting cycles, the productions with different pickup times... it feels almost as a full time job. Adding a 6th round of tourney to it is definitely too much for me.

AstralSoul

Illusionist

Well, Lucid Dreaming is awesome hehe. If they turned into nightmares, it means your subconscious has something to tell you. You could fix issues with those lucid nightmares. I have more than 700 dreams recorded, and trust me, some are awesome, from all mundane desires, to going to space, making the earth melt, witnessing the extinction of the dinosaurs, and even aging 200 years everybody but without anyone dying (and actually it is so cool).

If you can lucid dream, don't waste your skill hehe. People pay to lucid dream. You can fix your nightmares with your current skills already, send me a PM if you want and I'll lend you a hand right here (well, in the PM hehe). I'll give you a tip or two depending of your nightmare if you want to share, and fix it, lending a hand to a fellow elvarian :)

Back to the 6th round topic:

I only do the 6th round for personal push, like this week, for example, otherwise, I only do until the 5th star, and the 6th for the first 9. Oh, and during pushes, I do not carter. I did not carter a single round/province this week.

Last edited:

Gargon667

Mentor
every single week :),
0 wait times makes the tournaments a lot lot lot faster as long as you do them on the browser, the app is buggy

For me the App is faster than the browser!

I just got my timewarp to 21, with 2 Polar Bears that is also 0 cooldown :D But since I need like 40 minutes for a round it wouldn´t matter if I had 5% cooldown left...

Gargon667

Mentor
I see. So you feed it on a Friday evening, do 6 rounds Friday night to Saturday night, then another 6 Tuesday night to Wednesday night.

Presumably you'd have to be short on sleep at some point along the way?

Actually much less so now than before ;)

The downside to this is, if you are not careful you will end up having to do the round 6 to the end. The auto-choice feature on the App makes you choose lower provinces over lower rounds, so unless you are very exact and never take brakes during a round you will have to finish round 6, but since basically you can use double as many support buildings that really doesn´t matter anymore...
Another option would be using the browser where you can easily choose which province to do, but again tourneys are not a challenge to play anymore it´s just a silly amount of clicking. All the work is done outside actual tourney play by setting up your city. Once that is done a monkey can play the tourney... And yes I include myself here, even though technically I am an Ape...