• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Perks

There is currently no way to tell who activated a Perk... other than it having to be an Archmage (me in my FS) or a mage... but what happens when nobody knows who did it??

It would be really helpful if the Developers could put something in the notifications to say when a perk is activated and who did so ... like in the FA when someone hits the flag. Just an idea.

SkyRider99

Mentor
As AM, I don't appoint mages who wouldn't communicate with me. And as for the rest of the ambassadors and fellows, they mostly don't care, so long as someone else has to do the research and planning to make decisions for them. Some may have a passing interest. :cool:

kimkimkim

Summoner
I'm not sure why it would matter who activated a perk unless the perk activated was one that you didn't want and if that is the case then there seems to be a communication problem between you and your mages.....I find personally having too many mages in the kitchen seem to spoil the pot....and not to mention having another notification added to the numerous notifications we have already might be something people don't want

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
As AM, I don't appoint mages who wouldn't communicate with me. And as for the rest of the ambassadors and fellows, they mostly don't care, so long as someone else has to do the research and planning to make decisions for them. Some may have a passing interest. :cool:
I'm not sure why it would matter who activated a perk unless the perk activated was one that you didn't want and if that is the case then there seems to be a communication problem between you and your mages.....I find personally having too many mages in the kitchen seem to spoil the pot....and not to mention having another notification added to the numerous notifications we have already might be something people don't want

It would be good to know which mage doesn't communicate and without the notification it's very hard to do. Demoting other mages that have nothing to do with it just because you don't know which one it is isn't the best solution.

kimkimkim

Summoner
It would be good to know which mage doesn't communicate and without the notification it's very hard to do.
This can go way off topic here but IMO a member shouldn't be a mage unless they can communicate with the Archmage......and having a notification of such seems more like an internal problem instead of an external problem

Alcaro

Necromancer
+1 from me

....and not to mention having another notification added to the numerous notifications we have already might be something people don't want
In theory I would agree since we have a real problem with the notifications, but this would be one/ week and soon 1/several weeks and then even more rare. This notification doesn't make the problem worse in any circumstance.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi Guys! I have forwarded this idea for you :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

I'm not sure why it would matter who activated a perk unless the perk activated was one that you didn't want and if that is the case then there seems to be a communication problem between you and your mages.....I find personally having too many mages in the kitchen seem to spoil the pot....and not to
+1

In the mean time, I would open a ticket with support to see if they can investigate. Just a thought...
Did that. Initially they said they couldn't tell either but escalated it and got back to me re: who it was. The person has now spoken to me about it...they thought they were just choosing for themselves not the whole FS!

+1 from me

In theory I would agree since we have a real problem with the notifications, but this would be one/ week and soon 1/several weeks and then even more rare. This notification doesn't make the problem worse in any circumstance.
Yes, they would not be constantly popping up. I thought that as we are notified on other FS events like players joining or leaving, or hitting the flag in FA, that this would be a similarly useful log.

Pauly7

Magus
It seems to me that knowing who activated a perk won't actually change anything. It still happened. I agree with others in that if you have mages going rogue and not following an agreed plan, that in itself seems to be the problem. Have you messaged the mages saying "Who activated the perk? That wasn't the plan." If no one responded then, yeah, something needs addressing in the management team!

However... arguments aside... it still wouldn't be a bad thing to see a notification, much like in an FA when the box pops up saying "Fred opened a great chest". My reason, though, would be that it would be nice for everyone to just get notified that a new perk is now active.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
You as the archmage can reset all perks once a month.
So even if zomeone screws up, you can just on the fly fix it

Soon enough you unlock only 1 perk each month or even less. so no problems there.
No reason to go on a whichhunt