• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

User Interface Path highlighting in the FSA

Lymhir

Spellcaster
At every FSA the usual problem always occurs: some players put badges in the wrong nodes despite the fact that the game master has given clear directions on which path to follow.
Why does this happen? here is the answer, look closely at the following image:
fsa.png

despite the fact that the green path has been selected, the players when they are about to place the badges see three nodes highlighted: one yellow, one blue and one green, as a result the selected green path goes in the background and is ignored :-(

My suggestion is to eliminate such automatic highlighting of the open nodes (it is of no use) and give the possibility to the archmage/mage to highlight the nodes at will so that you can outline a clear path to follow.

Last edited:

Skallywag

Spellcaster
I like it. Just the ability to turn on and off the highlighting for each waypoint would be nice. It would also be nice to be able to turn on a path prior to the start of the event. By the time someone is available to highlight a path, badges are sometimes already being placed, and wasted.

Sir Derf

Adept
I was initially going to suggest reversing the graphical cues, using the bullseyes for open nodes and using the colored sky-beams for the the selected path, despite the negatives of the reversal because of the history.

Instead, how about changing the heights of open Waypoints? A much shorter, less inviting sky-beam for unselected path Waypoints, and an obviously taller, more inviting sky-beam for the selected path?

Lymhir

Spellcaster
Instead, how about changing the heights of open Waypoints? A much shorter, less inviting sky-beam for unselected path Waypoints, and an obviously taller, more inviting sky-beam for the selected path?
No two highlights only confuse, to distinguish nodes the lock for closed ones, no lock for open ones, and the check mark for completed ones is enough.

Highlighting should only be able to be used exclusively to construct a route map clearly visible to the entire FS. Also it should not be pre-wired but totally free so that any path can be managed.

Last edited:

0mARdaYAn0

Seeker
I have put forth a suggestion also. I thought giving the leaders the opportunity of placing a big, red X on those spots they are not going to use. The path highlight doesn't help if the intention of the F.S. is not to do all markers. A big, red X on a marker would soon stop anyone from placing there.You really wouldn't need anything else, just mark the "No Go" zones.

Lymhir

Spellcaster
I have put forth a suggestion also. I thought giving the leaders the opportunity of placing a big, red X on those spots they are not going to use. The path highlight doesn't help if the intention of the F.S. is not to do all markers. A big, red X on a marker would soon stop anyone from placing there.You really wouldn't need anything else, just mark the "No Go" zones.
Highlighting waypoints to do or highlighting waypoints not to do, either way builds a path to follow, so we are saying the same thing, the important thing is not to do the mix that the map has now and that only confuses the players.