• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Research Part payment of gold/goods

DeletedUser122

[Summary] - After using knowledge points to research. I.E. marble manufactory

[Details] - I.E. Marble manufactory Costs 34 knowledge points to unlock (which you can put in a few at a time) and then payment of 32,000 gold, 230 steel and 70 planks to activate (which can only be paid in one lump sum)

Once you have researched something fully with knowledge points, you then have to pay gold and goods to activate it. Once you have unlocked it with the 34 knowledge points It would make sense to be able to part pay any Gold or Goods that are needed to unlock the benefit in the same way you can put in knowledge points a few at a time. On a day i have a surplus of gold it would be nice to be able to put some of it towards something i have researched.
Obviously the benefit is not unlocked until all the Gold Steel and planks have been paid exactly like the knowledge point sytem

Example i research the Marble manufactory with knowledge points today so now it is unlocked and just needs the payment of gold steel and planks to activate the benefit, but i do not have all the gold, steel and planks yet. However i do have 10,000 gold 100 steel and 50 planks So in the same way you can put in knowledge points a few at a time, doing the same with the gold, steel and planks would be handy.

[Reasons for implementing]
- For those of us with few (or no) active neighbors to trade with this would solve an annoying issue

[Impact on other game features] - Here is the good part, none.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23

I don't understand any of that sorry.

Culture points? You don't buy goods with culture...? I assume you mean knowledge points? What benefit are you talking about unlocking; the technology? How does this do anything for goods?

You can already buy knowledge points with gold, and also buy goods with gold/supplies when you have a surplus.

Yeah it's irritating when people don't trade, but you can use the wholesaler if you're desperate.

DeletedUser122

Post edited to make it a bit clearer

DeletedUser

Dude i dont understand exactly what u mean,but first i must tell u this: U can upgrade your main hall for being able to store more gold and supplies,to not have surplus,and u can produce as many goods u want,cuz dont have a limit,why to pay the research in that way?

DeletedUser122

This is not my first rodeo, i know you can build more storage I also know there are no limits on resource storage.

This is not a difficult concept:
When you use a knowledge point on a new research you can do it in 1 at a time yes. Until it is full and the all you have to do is pay the cost of resources (Gold, Marble, Steel and Planks) to unlock it. The cost in resources has to be paid all at the same time (see example above)

If you read above (properly) i am not saying pay for research with Gold, Marble, Steel or Planks.

All i am saying is once in a while (like in all other games of this type) Like i am now, rich in marble with no way to trade or sell it ( At the right value) It would be nice to be able to put it towards the research i have already unlocked but do not have enough goods to fully pay for (for example see above)

In every other game you can do this.

DeletedUser23

Thanks for the clarification, I understand what you're asking for now!

I can't think of any particular reason this would be a bad thing to implement.

I wouldn't need it though, I think that you can save gold/goods in the "bank" until you have enough and that for me, at least, unlocking technology is always the priority over anything else, as it's the only thing that is time bound (you get knowledge points every hour and if you don't unlock tech you can't spend those points).

But I agree that it would be nice to be able to pay part of the unlocking fee as and when you're able to acquire goods etc, as it can be difficult sometimes to trade.

DeletedUser122

The main reason it would work for me is simple, if you put some resources in, then you cant accidentally use them on something else.

The other reason is that if you can do it in stages it gives you a feeling of progress, rather then just sitting and waiting, until you have enough.

DeletedUser23

Yeah I can see that; I've done that a few times too; been saving up for a tech, forgot then upgraded a building with those goods instead.

DeletedUser

ooo, now i undestand u,of course is a good idea,i did that mistake 2 evenimgs ago :D,and after i lost around 6-7 points until i manage to have enoght gold to buy marble,so I accept your idea.