• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Part of the city is not displayed

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Which one is true?
As you wish to be pedantic I will re-confirm we have almost daily tickets regarding 'missing' graphics of some sort in support and the reasons can be quite vast, but the main one is the zoom not set to 100%.
However today several people stated an issue straight after the update which no one had contacted support about, which could at first glance have been something quite different.
Why we ask players to report to us in support if they are having any game issues of this type.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team

firerock

Enchanter
i think what people want to know is that:
a) there an issue with graphic display. You have said such, and said there is a work around by setting display to 100%
b) there will be a fix for this imminently, as generally no one can play this game at 100%

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
I have the same problem, only on EN server, DE didn't change. Disabled html5 client, so game uses flash again. Not the best solution but I really don't want to play the game at 100% zoom.
DE Has not yet updated, with all updates the EN server is the very first one to do so and then the rest of the servers then follow, it would be Thursday for the update elsewhere.

Lelanya

Mentor
Last edited:

DeletedUser8812

For me it looks like layer issues. For me buildings disappears right side and bottom part of the screen...

DeletedUser5852

Having to play in 100% screen resolution is WRONG WRONG WRONG. I ALWAYS play at 67%. My city disappears when I scroll around and this also creates another problem by accidentally collecting something because your screen is not displaying properly. This change only happened with the last upgrade - so why can't it be fixed? Inno you need to do something please. If it gets too hard ppl will stop playing!

Alcaro

Necromancer
Guys!!!! At this moment the solely solution is to switch from Html to Flash, then you can use whatever resolution you want!

DeletedUser5852

Thanks Alcaro - go to Options cog (where you log out of Elvenar), a dialogue box opens up (called Advanced Settings) - select the tab called "Account" and then untick the "Enable HTML5 client" option and then voila the game goes back to normal. All I can say is THANK YOU my stress levels have decreased markedly :) Back to normal play!

Lelanya

Mentor
My city disappears when I scroll around and this also creates another problem by accidentally collecting something because your screen is not displaying properly.
Ah the accidental click!!! Yes, the game is not scrolling properly, and items are being released in the wrong order. I have a friend who enjoys playing with his gold, and he hates scrolling over a house and collecting 2 or 10 gold thereby wasting hundreds of thousands instead.
I think it's a deliberate precursor to FA myself, for some reason Inno enjoys ramping up the stress level at this point.

DeletedUser3251

I have a 32" monitor and play ALL my cities in windows at 67% browser zoom because even on large monitors it is impossible to see more than a small part of a city, ANY city. Having a larger screen SHOULD mean you can see more of your city, but that's not the case with this game. Even my chapter 5 city is now only half visible, and buildings at edges NEVER show up. This only happens in HTML5 which we have been told we HAVE to use as Flash will no longer be an option in a few months. This is a KNOWN bug, reported in Beta when this update that "broke" it showed up, but Inno has chosen to not address it, instead rolling out the update to Live servers, with the bug still in place.

DeletedUser3251

Guys!!!! At this moment the solely solution is to switch from Html to Flash, then you can use whatever resolution you want!

Unfortunately Inno has informed us months ago that we would HAVE to play the game in HTML5 as Flash will no longer be supported and is going away completely in a couple months. So this "fix" is not a true fix. If Inno doesn't address this known bug (1st reported in Beta and STILL rolled out to Live) then we will have 2 choices, live with it or quit game.

DeletedUser3251

I understand, but is the reason for the disappearing graphics :)
I have played for 2 years with my browser at 67% (both in Firefox and Chrome), and had NO disappearing city/world map. I've played at 67% with Flash with no issues. I made the change to HTML5 when Inno announced Flash support was leaving. Again, I played at 67% zoom in HTML5 with NO issues. Only with the latest update did it become an issue. This bug was 1st reported in Beta, and then rolled out to Live without Inno addressing it. So telling us now that "the way you've been viewing the game" is the issue is unacceptable as it holds NO validity.

DeletedUser3251

Thanks to my AM I allowed Flash on the browser and unchecked the "Allow HTML5 client" setting and now the city can be displayed correctly at 80% zoom.

Please see this as the solution to your bug and do not suggest to change the zoom to 100%. I was just about to quit the game as you cannot play it at 100% zoom
This will only work until Flash is completely disabled in a couple months, which is why Inno pushed us all to make the change to HTML5

Timneh

Artisan
This will not get fixed anytime soon and the reason it won't get fixed is the devs are too busy laughing their arses off at the feedback for the destroyed tournaments and saying tough if you don't like it because this is the way we want it and what we want we get.

DeletedUser3408

I understand, but is the reason for the disappearing graphics :)

Ive been playing this game for more than 2 years on HTML5! with my DISPLAY ON 75% and i never had an issue
since you guys decided to upgrade its not working the way it was!
so now you guys are forcing us to play on 100%

WTG ELVENAR!!

this is why people stop playing the game!!!