• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Research Overload on AW KP

Thagdal

Sorcerer
O.K. so now we have AW KP as rewards given for almost every thing we do in elvenar.

As most of us have seen with quest #78 in woodelvenstock, new players cannot complete the quest without reaching chapter 3 and researching superior residences to get them to lvl 14, whereas last major event (i think Phoenix quest) normal KP was given as rewards which might have helped the new players advance towards finishing this event. Also new players cant even use AW KP until halfway through chapter 2 when they research ancient wonders so it does seem unfair for new players.

So my idea/suggestion is to have more normal KP reward buildings, i know you can get them from the set buildings if you get a full set (which is impossible for a few...see above :rolleyes:) and quite a few that dont even do the events because its not worth the time and effort for the little rewards offered from said events.

Sure we can build the Tome of secrets and waste lots of kp getting it upto the lvl that gives us 5 kp...does anyone even build TOS?!:p
The percentages are small from the wishing well and NH treasure chest. Not everyone can/wants to do provinces or tournaments to gain kp just for gaining kp's sake, it takes alot of negotiating or fighting resources, again which smaller players cannot do as easily as more advanced players.

So for Example, in Forge of Empires they have a Shrine of Knowledge which i think would suit Elvenar too, its a 1kp a day building, plus with it being a timed building you have to be on to collect it, so it will make some of those AW KP people happy, with it not adding to the kp bar when you are offline.:rolleyes:
Make it a reward building or even be nice (Elvenar Devs) and make it a non diamond buildable building.:D

Just give me some Normal KP back please...:(:eek:o_O:)

DeletedUser7326

I am all for making it easier for new players by having normal KP easier to obtain during an event such as Woodelvenstock. Or at least making sure that all the tasks managable by everyone...even a new person.
As a new player that just joined the game it has been a struggle because of course I want to do the event, and I joined a fellowship to find myself dealing with a tournament as well...besides just trying to sort out how to play.
However, I don't expect to be able to do all the Woodelvenstock event because of the fact I am new...very new. And well, the AW KP that I have obtained is just money in the bank to me. Stock in my future. So really it is all good either way. Make it easier for newer people so that not so many give up on the game right off when they do something like I did and join in the middle of everything...or just hope they know how to roll with the punches and it is what it is.

Pauly7

Magus
Not everyone can/wants to do provinces or tournaments to gain kp just for gaining kp's sake
And yet this is the answer. A big tournament can yield hundreds of KPs that can be used anywhere.

I do understand the point though. Perhaps people in earlier chapters could get regular KP rewards instead of AW KP rewards, but the truth of the matter is: In the grand scheme of things people race through the first five chapters in a very short amount of time. It doesn't remain a problem for very long.