• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Outlining map routes in the FA

foolfighter

Alchemist
I appreciate that in principle this is a useful idea, the way it has been given is of no use to me and my FS. In the past we might have asked people to do one route plus all of the triple way points - not possible with this system, or all routes but missing out a couple of waypoints as the badges would gain more points in the pit rather than on the map (yet another arcane residue problem - I really hate those badges), and that's not possible either. So what use is this ability to indicate routes? I want the ability to highlight any waypoint independantly.

Sir Derf

Adept
Instead of four icons, to select a path, or no path, better would be a single icon, to toggle path marking on/off. When toggled on, clicking on a waypoint does not open the waypoint badges; rather it allows you to toggle the waypoint highlight on or off. This would allow you to indicate any combination of waypoints, and not just a single path.

SkyRider99

Mentor
Our FS finds the new path highlighting useful. We deal with any special activities or departures via chat. With the path highlighted, it clarifies the tasks so that we all contribute in a meaningful way. Our FS has a simple approach to FAs: Select a path and finish it to the flag. We know we will not get into the top 100. Other FS and players may play differently of course. Fundamentally it's just a bit of fun. It's certainly not about the 'prizes'.
Thanks to Inno and game devs for the enhancement.

Pauly7

Magus
As I've said before, there is nothing wrong with the path highlighting system being there as it doesn't hurt, but I agree in that I don't think it really adds very much - it doesn't do any more than just turning your FS flag green.

Being able to highlight individual waypoints with a cross to say "don't fill this waypoint" would be infinitely more useful to the majority.

Gargon667

Mentor
FAs had been about communication, and even with this addition, is still about communication.

There is not much change in anything, because the change is not much of a change.

foolfighter

Alchemist
Our FS finds the new path highlighting useful. We deal with any special activities or departures via chat. With the path highlighted, it clarifies the tasks so that we all contribute in a meaningful way. Our FS has a simple approach to FAs: Select a path and finish it to the flag

I take your point, and the problem doesn't really exist for my FS now as we do all paths on all maps (usually). But in the past, we might decide to do a single path that might cross over two or all three routes - all carefully calculated badge use. And some members would find this complicated. It seems to be the case that some members come online and place their badges and then read the messages that say "Don't place on Green 6, 7 & 8", consequently a few misplace. Then others from the same group of place-then-read-messages come on and see a waypoint has been opened and just add to it assuming it was intended. That way lies losing valuable badges. I agree it's a human nature problem, but if this route marking was supposed to help pevent these problems and guide ordered badge placement it seems to be addressing different problems and is not particularly useful. As I say, it's not a problem we have now, but I would occassionally like the ability to place a "no-go" grey circle, or red cross, or whatever, on waypoints we don't want players to fill.

foolfighter

Alchemist
FAs had been about communication, and even with this addition, is still about communication.
Indeed, back in the dim distant past, at least a couple of years ago, when I took over AM of a FS we had a member who never messaged or chatted, and never responded to messages or chat. However, once we had a FA underway he would always hit the finish flag on the map once we had done one route despite all our highly publicized plans to do more that one route. That seemed to be his only communication, lol. We had to permanently demote him to fellow just to stop him doing that.

Julian

Sorcerer
Indeed, back in the dim distant past, at least a couple of years ago, when I took over AM of a FS we had a member who never messaged or chatted, and never responded to messages or chat. However, once we had a FA underway he would always hit the finish flag on the map once we had done one route despite all our highly publicized plans to do more that one route. That seemed to be his only communication, lol. We had to permanently demote him to fellow just to stop him doing that.
All ambassadors get dropped to fellows for the duration of the FA in my fellowship. Mages stay the same as they're trusted to know what to do. Also, it's good to keep the mages empowered in case anything happened to the archmage.

Pauly7

Magus
All ambassadors get dropped to fellows for the duration of the FA in my fellowship. Mages stay the same as they're trusted to know what to do. Also, it's good to keep the mages empowered in case anything happened to the archmage.
Or it's also good to have one or two flag takers who are in different time zones.