• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

[Other] Clarify username is the IGN during registration and cannot be changed

DeletedUser

[Summary]
During the registration of the game it should be made clear to new players that their chosen username will also be their in-game name (IGN) and that this cannot be changed.

[Details]
Similar to the forum registration here (although for a different reason), where it is made clear that the name used within the forums is to be the same name used as within the game, it should be made clear to new players registering to the game, that their username is exactly that: their game name. In addition there should be a notification stating the name cannot be changed at a later time during the game.

[Reasons for implementing]
While a restart option is a great idea, one of the many reasons so many cities appear to become abandoned while still within the first stages of the tutorial is quite possibly due to to the dislike of either the chosen race, or the chosen name. The former cannot be changed as easily and is not subject of this proposal. The later however can be amended easily by making it clear to new players during the registration process that their chosen username will be their name for all the servers they play on and it cannot be changed unless it goes against the game rules/contains personal information of the player.

[Impact on other game features]
None.

The following is a simple example of what the registration process currently looks like and how this idea could be implemented.
original_reg.png
modified_reg.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thanks LordMalkaedius!

I've just uploaded two images to the OP to show what the current registration looks like and how it could be modified. It's a simple suggestion and I know Innogames has already implemented it in FoE by changing the 'Username' to 'Player name', so please hurry along and do it for Elvenar. It really can't hurt to do it asap to minimise some of the accumulating inactive neighbours with the most curious of (user)names...

Deleted User - 13667

A reminder would be good.

Or perhaps a change of the in-game name be great too.

DeletedUser

Thanks Duke Avatar! ;)

@s5carrot The option to change one's IGN doesn't seem very common amongst Innogames' games. Don't ask me why - but I suppose it might be more complicated then it appears at first glance (considering the name is tied to your account). That's not to say it's a bad idea or that it won't happen (as I agree that a name change should be possible, for gold or diamonds to reduce abuse for example) - however it should be suggested in a separate thread as its own idea. The OP aims to be just an amendment for the time being that can be implemented straight away. :)