• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Orcs, what are you doing?

Sir Derf

Adept
So, I've been in Chapter XVI, Embassies, for a while now. Orcs and Elves, attempting to work together. How inspirational. Literally. I mean, the Meditation Circles actually produce inspirations....

And okay, the Delegates to the Senate need to relax in order to work with each other. And yes, it's a little weird that both sides apparently have more than enough delegates that they apparently have a rotating schedule of their delegates that they can, round the clock, have members both in the Senate and in their drinking establishments.

But I have to ask, what is going in those Beer Festivals? It permanently uses 230 Orcs to serve 50 Strawberry Beer in 3 hours? What does this mean?
  • Are we serving 50 Beers to 230 Orcs? Are they meant to be sharing? Do most of them die of thirst as they wait 3 hours to be served? Are they fighting over the drinks? If either of the later, well that explains where 180 Orcs went, but what is happening to the other 50 that they are permanently gone as well?
  • Are we serving 50 Bears using 230 Orcs as waitstaff? That's 1) massively inefficient and 2) probably exposes massive underlying OSHA violations.
  • Are we serving 50 Beers using 230 Orcs as ingredients? Understandable that they don't come back into my inventory, but it sounds rather wasteful.. Are you sure you're squeezing hard enough?
  • Or are we paying for 50 Beers using 230 Orcs for currency? Again, that would explain why they're not returning, but at a rate of nearly 5 Orcs per Beer, that's one messed up economy we got going on.
Contrast with the Elves. 1850 Mana to Serve 50 Purple Tea in 3 hours. Whether it's Magical Consumption, Magical Service, Magical Concoction or Magical Transaction, whichever, it's a lot more understandable. (Well, maybe not Magical Consumption - I don't know why we'd be making Tea purely for the purpose of magicking it away.)

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team

Gargon667

Mentor
I think you´re all lucky the general public of Orcs hasn´t been thinking about this before. Once they do I am afraid major raiding, looting and other fun activities will ensue. Beer will be entirely drained and beer production facilities most likely unusable for the foreseeable future...
But thanks for bringing it up @Sir Derf just in time to fill the weekend with some fun :)

Solanix

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
@Sir Derf my thoughts were always that these 230 Orcs were needed to liquidize the Strawberries for making the Beer. That job is so hard for them, that they just have enough after 3 hours treading Strawberries and they leave the city. I always avoided to continue the thought of Orcs treading Strawberries and was just hoping that the process of turning the juice into an alcoholic beverage would remove or absorp everything that would have come from those Orc feet...

m4rt1n

Adept
Maybe Strawberry Beer is too sugar heavy and some Orc's have to leave in a diabetic coma, is it possible the Elves are putting poison in some of the drinks?

Gargon667

Mentor
Maybe Strawberry Beer is too sugar heavy and some Orc's have to leave in a diabetic coma, is it possible the Elves are putting poison in some of the drinks?

Elves are devious enough to come up with a plan for a hidden Orc genocide, that´s for sure!

As always Orcs are the good guys, when they come for you, you´ll always see, hear and smell them coming from a mile away :D

Gargon667

Mentor
Do orcs drinks Brains beer? (it's a real beer, look it up!)

You are thinking of Zombies, not Orcs...
Not saying we don´t eat brains, but we eat the rest too :p
Fun fact: Skullcrusher is a very common Orcish last name!

Paladestar

Enchanter
Have you noticed that it doesn't actually take any strawberries to make the strawberry beer? Orcs go in, never to be seen or heard from again, then strawberry beer comes out... I wonder what the process could be?

Sir Derf

Adept
So Orcs spend all their time in the mud and muck for the same reason Twilight vampires live in perpetually overcast Washington? If we were to encounter a freshly washed Orc, would we discover that they smell of strawberries?

Gargon667

Mentor
the strawberries are kryptonite, they make the Orcs disappear! elves are clandestinely adding them, but they keep it out of the books, to pretend innocence!