• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered orcs goblins

DeletedUser1414

i have been told that orcs especially come into play on the map, i have provinces open but was waiting for a new race, so i can use those kps towards the advance scout. Now i have been told that orcs come into play straight away, so now i either have to finish all the open provinces or fight as we will need orcs to cater instead of fighting.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
thats correct, all provinces from ring 10 and later cant be unlocked by negotiation the fights. off course you can fight for them instead.

so if you were planning to use them for the orcs there is 1 simple trick, unfortunatly they dont tell us at what time the update wil be.
but you could cater all the provinces a while before the update comes and just stack them on your KP bar. so you can use them after the update kicks in.

DeletedUser1957

So does this mean if it is requesting orcs in the negotiation we can no longer negotiate? I've just opened up a province that has orcs in the trader request.

Deleted User - 106219

Sure you can negotiate... after you have some Orcs, or by spending Diamonds - whichever you prefer.

DeletedUser1839

I have 6 provinces to get more land, all my provinces have orcs. I am not up to the orcs only at the dwarves. So could you please tell me what to do.
Can't fight as not strong enough. Other than not play anymore. Anybody got any suggestions.

DeletedUser

I have 6 provinces to get more land, all my provinces have orcs. I am not up to the orcs only at the dwarves. So could you please tell me what to do.
Can't fight as not strong enough. Other than not play anymore. Anybody got any suggestions.

No. Unless Inno changes their collective minds, you have zero options. You have no NEED for those provinces, so Inno has locked them away. You could try commenting your issue on their facebook page, please be super polite or you will get banned (possibly even for just stating the obvious)

DeletedUser1925

You have to be that super super polite on FB. This actually means you rather don't post. But you can still try and get banned and post delete... Some would thought FB is part of solution and not the problem.

DeletedUser1295

Just to prevent this 'orcs goblins' thread becoming a facebook discussion:
anyone wanting to discuss that please start another thread on the facebook subject ;)

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I'm on Orc's chapter and I have the armories at level 23 so it's not really my concern, but 3/4 of my fellowship are far below and those who are not willing (or not able) to fight are definitely blocked, that's unfair indeed !

Why not just activate this 'orcs need' for those who are at least at orc's Age ?

It's really a nonsense to have the choice between fighting and negotiating and only be able to fight, lots of people are really and naturally not able to understand how to fight efficiently ! You need predispositions to understand that chess-like fights.

Try to understand that each time you limit players choices, you lower the game interest and disgust a bunch of players... Do you really think that there still stay players who will be tactical genious as well as good cashcows and interested in a game with no choice ? You are certainly joking...

Last edited:

DeletedUser1925

I'm on Orc's chapter and I have the armories at level 23 so it's not really my concern, but 3/4 of my fellowship are far below and those who are not willing (or not able) to fight are definitely blocked, that's unfair indeed !

Why not just activate this 'orcs need' for those who are at least at orc's Age ?

It's really a nonsense to have the choice between fighting and negotiating and only be able to fight, lots of people are really and naturally not able to understand how to fight efficiently ! You need predispositions to understand that chess-like fights.

Is simpler to code all provinces 10+ to include orcs in negotiation...

DeletedUser1161

I'm currently on the fairy map but the provinces I have open I have to fight or negotitate with orcs since I don't have orcs yet these fights are impossible for me which stops me from moving forward, this in my opinion is unfair to players that are 10 provinces out and needs fixed before more players get fed up and leave the game.

DeletedUser1829

You continue to gain KP by the hour so you are not blocked in progressing, you just need to wait until you get to orcs or gain KP from the tournaments to rush this process a little. Once you get the higher level armoury then you can produce orcs and continue to negotiate encounters.

It's really a nonsense to have the choice between fighting and negotiating and only be able to fight

How can they possibly be blocked when KP comes in every hour and tournament KP? If they have cleared the 222 provinces prior to orcs they should have a good amount of space for lots of factories to produce enough goods to prevent getting tech locked. They are still able to negotiate this

The limitation was introduced to resolve an unfair aspect of the game. Whether it is the best solution to that problem is debatable but it certainly adds a hurdle. Activating orcs for those in the orc age leaves the original problem unaddressed and it would be better to not have them in that instance.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Well, of course they are not fully blocked but the encounters help getting KP fast when you need them and it helps you reach new neighbours to visit and be visited. The point is beeing able to choose between doing that by negotiating or by fighting. People who spended months to build a lot of factories have no room for armories and won't start raising them and are not able to even raise them to level 20 if they aren't at orc age... The point is playing a game whose rules are changing in the middle and that's not fair. If they want all of us to play all the same like robots, with ever changing rules that will invalidate months of work, they just have to program computers to play without us. What is unfair to choose negotiating if you are not able to play fights ? The fights are not at anyone reach and are completely boring, you have to be trepanned, affected by Alzheimer or mentaly diminished to enjoy them... Isn't that supposed to be a GAME ? Aren't games supposed to be funny ? The death penalty is debatable, playing with someone's feet isn't.

Here, we can't use strong words like anywhere in the world because it curls english hairs, some people are thinking that all that's around violence is evil... What do you think is the most ridiculous ? Do you think killing is good for kids, even virtualy ? Perhaps we should add some terrorist units with bomb belts or rapists to have more fun ?

Edit: Zanyah - 2016-08-25 - removed an inappropriate word ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The limitation was introduced to resolve an unfair aspect of the game. Whether it is the best solution to that problem is debatable but it certainly adds a hurdle. Activating orcs for those in the orc age leaves the original problem unaddressed and it would be better to not have them in that instance.

Unfair aspect of the game? Maybe I got here late, but what do you mean?

DeletedUser1925

Well, of course they are not fully blocked but the encounters help getting KP fast when you need them and it helps you reach new neighbours to visit and be visited. The point is beeing able to choose between doing that by negotiating or by fighting. People who spended months to build a lot of factories have no room for armories and won't start raising them and are not able to even raise them to level 20 if they aren't at orc age... The point is playing a game whose rules are changing in the middle and that's not fair. If they want all of us to play all the same like robots, with ever changing rules that will invalidate months of work, they just have to program computers to play without us. What is unfair to choose negotiating if you are not able to play fights ? The fights are not at anyone reach and are completely boring, you have to be trepanned, affected by Alzheimer or mentaly diminished to enjoy them... Isn't that supposed to be a GAME ? Aren't games supposed to be funny ? The death penalty is debatable, playing with someone's feet isn't.

Here, we can't use strong words like anywhere in the world because it curls english asses hairs, some people are thinking that all that's around violence is evil... What do you think is the most ridiculous ? Do you think killing is good for kids, even virtualy ? Perhaps we should add some terrorist units with bomb belts or rapists to have more fun ?

Sensitive much? :p

But I do agree with you changing game play, majorly after one year... mandatory this, that... Too many restrictions. Nobody likes that. It will be even harder for new players in 12 months. I quit FoE because it made no sense. You are even more crippled with making progress. Difficulty of sectors :confused:? Like they don't know their own game (anymore). Latest era is just fighting from one to another side with "rockets."

My guess would be they totally miscalculated with goods productions In Elvenar. 700% bonus? People figured it out soon is wise too build boosted manufactures only.
Now restricting people with orcs. Because if they lowered bonus...
MA: Makes sense if you have "unlimited" relics supplies... But you should save those relics for AW... and most of them makes no sense...

Like I said few times here and on beta they will force us to build all AW. So imagine new player that start next year about this time... His progress will be even more difficult then ours...

Maybe there should be just BETA server until game is stable enough and nobody should be able to pay there. You would get some diamonds here and there. To test new features... But no... morality gone... vision is profit...

But then spending 1, 2 years on BETA and when international servers goes online and start there from scratch :eek:.

Every update introduce more new bugs.

I guess they don't want new players to join. Pretty much new players drop out after have to upgrade Buildings to level 3. From 1 min to 90 min upgrade. Nice leap... I guess somebody used too many calculators there... output was... 80085 and they all got distracted... o_O

Or if you want to play they don't want you play the game. Just buy diamonds and stare at the buildings like idiot.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1829

It has been stated on one of the forums (might be beta) that the original problem is balance between a negotiating and a fighting path. This has been alluded to in most peoples posts without recognising it as the problem as many people are saying we have to negotiate at that level as you cant fight so you must negotiate. The issue been you can go much much further sooner with negotiating then with fighting. They can put many varied hurdles into play with fighting and the tech upgrades allow them to gradually increase ability of fighters to slowly expand the circle they can explore too. This is not the case with negotiating and it becomes a circle of : more factories = more negotiating = more provinces = more factories.

This is a new game and it mentions this on the first page of the wiki "The game is still in an early stage of development. This means that many improvements will be added in the coming months and that new game elements are still being developed." While all games need to grow and develop this is a very new game in its development.

I am not saying I agree with the limitation and I haven't spent the time to see if there is a better solution to be suggested. Just providing some insight some people may not have been aware of. New players are doing alright, I have a new town to experiment with the changes. Depending on when you started there are different things a new town has now that older towns did not. Like tournaments which provide a good source of KP and some runes as an alternate to provinces plus they massively boost production to further enable tournaments and province negotiation for expansions. Between fellowships and the planned player movement finding trading partners should also be better then many of us had to start with.