• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Orcs & Goblins Story Line

DeletedUser1345

Greetings fellow players.
I've started the Orcs & Goblins chapter, have built the portal, and laid down the first bit of Swamp Trail.

My question is this: am I the only one who finds the Orcs story-line increasingly offensive?

Not only have we been forced to take orcs in to our cities - an enemy which we are constantly fighting in the provinces - this enemy is threatening to smash our city and kill us.
Who in their right mind would welcome a murdering horde into their city?

And the dialogue is becoming truly outrageous - unveiled insults and threats.
Now a goblin has appeared and referred to the orc king as "Royalty Of Terror" !!
Seriously??!
Do the writers of this game read the news? Are they not aware of real events in the world??

Deleted User - 106219

I am one of those who have not built the Magic Academy, so I am still stuck on the quest that asks me to build it. As a result I have no idea what the rest of the story line is. Looking at your post that might be for the best.

DeletedUser415

I gave up on story lines and quests a long time ago.
As an advanced player, got tired of Inno constantly revising the game in earlier chapters making me either rebuild stuff that I've already deleted and moved on from or performing tasks I've already done extensively before deleting buildings, or additionally forcing me to build something I don't need/want or have room for.
Inno has totally taken the storyline aspect of the game away from me and from what I've read, many others also.
It's really quite a simple aspect of building anything, it's called "Pre-planning" which this game is lacking.
Good job Inno, keep ruining the game for advanced players and I will also be gone.

DeletedUser1832

This is a game, not real life so I am unsure of why there appears to be so much anger over the story line in relation to what is happening out in the world. I don't think the two need to be compared in any way and people are making an issue out of something there really doesn't need to be... maybe because people are unhappy about the orc situation when negotiating, which I also am not happy about I might add, everything seems to be getting scrutinised to the nth degree. Lighten up a little... or not... if you are that unhappy with the direction the game is taking and the inference to RL events and find it offensive then let your feet do the talking...

DeletedUser

I don't find the use of the word "terror" offensive in general as it refers to more than terrorism and I'm not into this whole appropriation of vocabulary to mean only one specific thing that people can then get offended about when it's used correctly to refer to things beyond that condensed scope. However, in the context of the whole slavery / drug addiction of orcs situation, which I do actually struggle with, I fully understand why people are getting fed up and wondering if this is really some kind of very bizarre parody of real life or even of the players as such. I somewhat feel like the drugged slaves are not orcs, but a metaphor for the players of elvenar :p

DeletedUser

I don't find the use of the word "terror" offensive in general as it refers to more than terrorism and I'm not into this whole appropriation of vocabulary to mean only one specific thing that people can then get offended about when it's used correctly to refer to things beyond that condensed scope. However, in the context of the whole slavery / drug addiction of orcs situation, which I do actually struggle with, I fully understand why people are getting fed up and wondering if this is really some kind of very bizarre parody of real life or even of the players as such. I somewhat feel like the drugged slaves are not orcs, but a metaphor for the players of elvenar :p

Beat me too it!
So the mechanically minded goblins dole out drugs that the idiot orcs don't really need or want, yet they still come asking for them.
Guess who are the goblins and who are the orcs?

Deleted User - 13667

You could think of it as an extension of Might and magic V, though i doubt so of the programmers to think far enough on the storyline.

Following the destruction of the old world, most races and population have escaped through separate portals and settled in the new one. Goblins, orcs etc. Whether or not they can change or return to their old ways depend on how they settle in this.