• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Orc production times

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Hey, @Thagdal, good point.

Different buildings have different queuing times, depending on their productions. There are a variety of times, even more across the guest races. This is to offer a huge array of times to fit with the different player's preferences.

Some players might choose a 4-day production, for example, if they have to travel for work for three days, for example, often, with less than a day notice for some corporate jobs. Orcs are a valued resource, hence the different production times so that everybody can get the best out from their orc production depending on their real-life happenings.

Hekata

Artisan
It would be much better indeed but they seem to want to use the orcs as a constant option to slow us down. Maybe you can write it in suggestions, they seem to be giving us more ways to get orcs now (event buildings) maybe they'd consider this change too. (not holding my breath obviously)

Pauly7

Magus
Rather than doing it to appeal to people's preferences, the devs sometimes give us weird options of production times. This is to keep us coming back to the game at greater intervals. That's why guest race production times can be 1hr, 3hr, 7hrs... all sorts of timings.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Hey, @Thagdal, good point.

Different buildings have different queuing times, depending on their productions. There are a variety of times, even more across the guest races. This is to offer a huge array of times to fit with the different player's preferences.

Some players might choose a 4-day production, for example, if they have to travel for work for three days, for example, often, with less than a day notice for some corporate jobs. Orcs are a valued resource, hence the different production times so that everybody can get the best out from their orc production depending on their real-life happenings.

Yes but this is the only building with 4 day production.
Even the max in orcs guest race chapter production was 2 days if i remember correctly, so why doesnt everything have a 4 day option, if thats your reasoning.
4 days seems pointless to me. Im sure the majority of players log in at least once a day to reset/collect daily productions and kp.

cwgiii

Shaman
Yes but this is the only building with 4 day production.

I will say that I have actually appreciated this 4 day option on occasion. For example, when going on vaca or out of wifi range for a long weekend.

Pauly's reply is still relevant. The devs want to keep the time intervals mixed up to keep players coming back. In that case, there must be a "longest" time option. Whether it be 7 hours or days, there would still be folks longing for a different setup.

I agree that the 4 day time option is not used often (even by me) but such is the way of the devs. Be careful, if they do decide to change it, it could be in the opposite direction. Can you imagine a week long option? Or longer?

Pauly7

Magus
There was a time (ah those were the days) when I had way more orcs than I knew what to do with. At that time I would set all my armouries onto 4 day orc productions, just because I couldn't bear to leave them doing nothing with a Zzz above them, so that was the option that troubled me least with collecting and restarting.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Change the Orc production times in the Armory to 6hr/12hr/1d/2d.

I think the 4 day option is pointless because its the only building with a 4 day option. Every other building has a max of 2 days production/collection or less.

The amount of orcs produced would stay the same as they are now (1d@380 for level20) and put in the 6hr@80 or however it is scaled.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
The point is not having a 4 day collection, and replacing it with 6hr, to keep it all neat and tidy and keep it in line with the rest of the buildings productions.

Last edited:

Hekata

Artisan
Shorter production usually gives out more goods/supplies so it would make sense that a shorter orc production would do the same. It would certainly help out a bit with the huge demand in orcs in later chapters.
However if they'd just split the 12h into 2x 6 hours worth of orcs I'd still take it. There is no orc producing building that has a shorter pick up than 12 hours. I always thought 6 hours if the perfect production time, I wish both the manus and the WS could have 6 hours.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Well there is a reason not to ask for shorter production for more orcs, we've all seen what happens when the Devs get a hold of a simple idea and turn it into a big mess (cough ...one click tournaments...cough);)

Timneh

Artisan
If they halved the production times they would probably half the amount per production as well so no one would get more than they do now.