• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Orb Costs

DeletedUser9389

Why are the orbs in the Moon Bear event so expensive? Have I been unlucky in the 'random' presentation, or have the lower cost orbs (less than 20 items) been removed? It's making for a very poor return on my efforts.

DeletedUser9389

Thanks Pauly. It seems then, that there is no point in playing this feature. I won't get enough artifacts to upgrade the bear, same as the bears last year. After playing for a year I thought I would be doing better, more successful... but it's actually worse. With no progress, and no sense of achievement, I'm spending my time looking for something else to play. Sad really, it looked like a good game at first.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Please bear in mind @Zeranath Vor that we have changed these so You get more than in last years event.
We are now giving free daily Golden Keys for just logging into your game during the event.
Milestone rewards have also been added to give additional bonuses: 2x Artifacts, 300 Golden Keys and a Ferris Wheel Galore.
Also the amount of Golden Keys that can be collected from around your city averages 30 a day.
This should mean that a daily player will be able to get the Artifacts easily to upgrade the Moon Bear Fully.

DeletedUser9389

The amount of new 'extras' is considerably LESS than the rewards from previous events, and no amount of sales-speak is going to prevent folk from noticing the loss. With the keys-equivalent in previous events available for less than 30, it was possible to collect multiple rewards, and even a couple of the daily prize. Now, I have just spent almost 700 keys on just 4 chests, with only 4 rewards, including 1x daily prize. You can't tell me this is an improvement. It clearly is not.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Personally I am finding that I am moving far easier through this year and have found the rewards so far have suited me mainly, with some Unit Instants and a two Firefly Lookouts, which I had been aiming for.
Just collected the 300 Free Golden Keys as the Milestone Reward, which I am guna keep hold of until the daily is something I really want.
Please bear in mind that the team of volunteers here are all players doing the best to navigate the way though this wonderful game.

Pauly7

Magus
Please bear in mind @Zeranath Vor that we have changed these so You get more than in last years event.
We are now giving free daily Golden Keys for just logging into your game during the event.
Milestone rewards have also been added to give additional bonuses: 2x Artifacts, 300 Golden Keys and a Ferris Wheel Galore.
Also the amount of Golden Keys that can be collected from around your city averages 30 a day.
This should mean that a daily player will be able to get the Artifacts easily to upgrade the Moon Bear Fully.
This is not true. Just because the ways in which keys can be collected has been moved around does not mean that you get more artefacts than in any previous events. Particularly the chances of receiving daily exclusives is diminishing event on event, with this one over 20% worse than the last. Of course those daily prizes are getting less valuable event on event as a double whammy.

You also picked a bad example, comparing it to last year's bear event where quests and rewards were unlimited.

DeletedUser9389

Silmaril, you are a lucky lady and fortunate to 'work' for Inno, it seems to give you a luckier game than the rest of us. I wish you well with your game.

I can only wish my own experience was not diminishing at every turn. Collecting 30 keys a day would require even a daily player to log in a number of times during the day. I'm sure I'm not alone in my gaming hours having to compete with real life responsibilities. I do not collect 30 keys a day. When (if) I get the 300 keys milestone, it will only yield one reward unless I am offered two high yield chests at less than 150 each. Not likely.
The quests offered ran out on day 5 of this event, I am now limited to one quest a day, which will only cover one chest, and only if it is less than 60 keys, which will make it a low yield reward.

I do appreciate the efforts of the volunteers such as yourself. Please do not take any of my points as personal. I simply cannot understand why Inno, having indeed created an amazing game, seem now to be determined to drag it to the depths. It is also difficult to understand why we are not expected to notice the detrimental changes being made. Stating that an 'improvement' is being made, when, in fact, other changes are also made which reduce the game, will not help the situation.

rock stream

Scholar
Well now I know it isn't my bad luck. I couldn't get a daily if I tried. Is there any good daily awards or did I blink and miss it.
For the first time I'm hearing event fatigue from fellowship members.
Maybe the next event will be fun.

Hekata

Artisan
I had to spend 2k of currency to get 1 daily and it wasn't even a good one, just something I wanted to fill an empty spot. It really sucks the fun out of it. And even when it comes to filler prizes I seem to have the worst luck at getting troop instants. All I get is KPs and that's the one thing I currently don't need because I'm tech locked and I'm not upgrading wonders due to the new tournaments. (another negative effect of the new tournament system: it ruins the fun of events when one of the previously best prizes (= kps) is now something I prefer to avoid because I don't know what to do with it).

I do think that with the amount of currency it is possible to get the bear to level 9 (10 if lucky with extra currency and I'm definitely not that I got 200 extra keys just once) and with the FA you can get a fully evolved bear but that doesn't justify why they made it so hard to get the dailies especially since they are nothing special, expect maybe the 2 with decent pop/culture values.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Yeah I probably did @Pauly7 I know last year this was my favourite event, but I had totally forgotten the quests were unlimited so I apologise for forgetting that :rolleyes:
I do know that finding 20 items of event currency around my city used to bring celebration, now to get more cheers me no end. But then I am a happy little soul :)
I am not usually this lucky either guys, I spent more Golden Keys than I care to remember to get those 2 Firefly Lookouts; I did go all out for them and was most determined.
There's another building I spotted on Beta has my name on it hopefully, hence I stash the Golden Keys and wait.
Still torn between the Moon Bear and the Panda as typically I would like them both.
Yeah we know nothing is personal to us @Zeranath Vor we just think people forget we are players too with the same challenges.

Pauly7

Magus
If opening the right chests then on average you can expect a daily prize once in a little under 500 keys (unless you have some really bad luck like @Hekata). However doing this will reduce the amount of artefacts you can win. Considering the general low standard of rewards it's probably best to open the best chests for artefacts (139, 121, 26) and just focus on getting a couple of the dailies if you want them. Then just use the rest on a troop instant day, as unexciting as that is. Doing this could get you the 9 artefacts within the event.

DeletedUser9389

There's a 26? I've had very few under 60. I've had three chests where the lowest cost was 60, the highest was over 100 and all 3 chests only returned 1 star point each. Very Very Expensive. All the keys from the main questline are gone, and the 1aDay quests will not get me far. This was such a brilliant game, it's a shame to see it being ruined.

I will keep playing, and see how many Bear artifacts I can get.

Pauly7

Magus
There are two chests over 100. The 139 chest gives 5 stars and the 121 chest gives 4 stars. All the rest give either 1 or 2. That's why it's best to go for the big two.

Gargon667

Mentor
There's a 26? I've had very few under 60. I've had three chests where the lowest cost was 60, the highest was over 100 and all 3 chests only returned 1 star point each. Very Very Expensive. All the keys from the main questline are gone, and the 1aDay quests will not get me far. This was such a brilliant game, it's a shame to see it being ruined.

I will keep playing, and see how many Bear artifacts I can get.

Well you are right in that rewards in events are getting worse every event, but everything else you say doesn´t make much sense to me.

If you want bear artifacts to upgrade the bear you should have no problem to do that, just like in all pervious events with evolving buildings. Haven´t done the math for this one yet, so I may be wrong and something actually changed, but so far it has always been the same and also the people with bad luck go on the forum and post something about it being impossible, but so far it never was. Of course one day Inno will probably make it so...

Of course the cheap chests are gone, but in this event the expensive one are the ones to go for if you want artifacts. The best two chests are the 2 chests above 100 keys! So if you never get the cheap chests you are extremely lucky for upgrading the bear.

The chance for daily prizes is what has suffered, but with the quality of daily prizes in recent events this hardly matters. Actually I am rather glad the chances are low, so I get the direct chest rewards more often, they are by now often better than that daily junk prize. Saying that, I haven´t spent a single key yet, because even at low chances of daily prizes I didn´t want to have to win one of them lol. Waiting for the least bad dailies like 10KP or 10 Golems or something like that...

Gargon667

Mentor
The problem is if I don´t wait, I will get something worse than that every time I do get a daily... that is why I am waiting, not because I think 10 Golems are awesome lol.

DeletedUser9389

Haven´t done the math for this one yet, so I may be wrong and something actually changed, but so far it has always been the same

With respect Gargon, something has actually changed, and maybe you need to do the math before commenting. With the cheaper chests I was able to get the featured event up to level 10 AND have a bucket load of useful rewards. One 100+ chest only gives one reward, cf 4 26 chests which give 4 rewards & four chances of the daily instead of one. The bears are not the only reason for the event, or at least they didn't use to be. The current changes to the events has removed most of the value for doing it.

Gargon667

Mentor
With respect Gargon, something has actually changed, and maybe you need to do the math before commenting. With the cheaper chests I was able to get the featured event up to level 10 AND have a bucket load of useful rewards. One 100+ chest only gives one reward, cf 4 26 chests which give 4 rewards & four chances of the daily instead of one. The bears are not the only reason for the event, or at least they didn't use to be. The current changes to the events has removed most of the value for doing it.

I completely agree that events used to be good for rewards back in the day, but that was a long time ago, like last year. And yes I always found the cheapest chest to be my favorite. You say something has changed? Like what? Rewards have gotten worse? That is not a change really, they have gotten worse every single event this year, so same old, the only thing that has never changed is the fact that you can get your evolving building to lvl 10 (once somewhere in there I actually need the FA for the last artifact, but it may be because I chose other chests, or because I was unlucky rather than that it was more difficult). You said you cannot get your Bear to level 10 and I disagree with that statement, I beleive you can if you want to and you won´t if you don´t. That´s all. Doing the math beforehand is a waste of time, since nothing in this event is actually worth working for. I am just commenting based on past experience. You can either get the bear to 10 or not, no big deal either way, the daily prizes are as bad as last time, which is to say the worst we ever had and the prizes in the chests are well as bad as they have been for a while. None of this will inspire me to put in an effort which is not needed anyway since I have already finished the sequential quests just by doing what I normally do (well I had like 10 little WS and 5 T1s for the early quests) and am now playing one quest a day...

I am glad the event at least gives people that have no brown bear the chance to upgrade one of those to a somewhat useful level, so it´s a good event for people that have none, which makes it the best event since the phoenix one when everybody had a chance to get a firebird.

Oh and as to the philosophical aspect: I agree it would be a good world to live in, if only people were allowed to talk publicly that had done extensive calculations about the matter at hand, however I guess we know how things are in the real world and this forum is after all populated by real people, they don´t shut up just because they know nothing ;) and to be honest in an unimportant place like this throwing around wild guesses is part of the fun :D It is kind of a funny picture to have a forum where @MinMax Gamer is talking to @CrazyWizard and everybody else just silently watches them go ...

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Lol, events? not really following those anymore.
Haven't been exiting enough in a long time, and so far I can just easily finish them without any preperation or checking the quests.
Just follow the questline and the end comes without any effort. (at least for me)

Just because I was annoyed to put my T1 factories on 9 hours, I placed 4 wood factories in some open spots once I got that quest for the first time.
Guess thats the prep work I did this time, but I could just as easily make a 9h om my regular factories.