• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Optional squad size upgrades

DeletedUser9252

It is better to have more squad size! Because i need to conquer more provences, and more provences give me kp point. And for the tournament, you dont need to finish the final star! If cant fight win, just negotiate, if too much cost, just stop.
Join a fellowship, you will gain relics of opening chest team work!
But if it is your boosted relics, try you best to have as many as you can. Because aw and goods improvement all needs them!

DeletedUser8632

@Oscar Kitty , I’m creating a new thread, because we are getting really off topic in The Harvest Festival thread. And yes, I’m to blame, because I brought up optional squad size upgrades. :) Since I don’t believe the Imbalance in Tournament thread that was recommended to you is suitable for player just entering chapter 2, here’s my extensive reply.

Excellent, excellent write-up. This is one of the rare posts where you have everything comprehensively in one spot. Thank you.

Maybe this post should get a spot in the "guides" section?

DeletedUser1962

I look and wander if player are in the game short time or for the long term, if short just do it for fun, I long time you need to think, you will need a/w and they will cost a hell of a lot of kps and you get 24 a day plus a few from event buildings, the best way to get kps is from tournaments, but every squad unattached you do will hurt you later in the tourneys, ie in the last tourney I manual fought up to province 57 to 2 stars, if I had catered it would have cost me 108.000 marble 159.000 crystal 125,000 elixir and would have only, give me 5kps and 36 tourney points, now you might say don't go so high, its just for the kps for a/w, I did go all 6 stars on the first 25 for tourney points, but if I had catered it would have cost me119.000marble 93.000crystal 98.000elixir, I have had to manual fight for the last 18 months on every tourney the rewards are there but its a lot of man hours, just because I opened those squad upgrades, I wish we had older player to warn me, and inno still let new player fall into this trap.

Deleted User - 1634960

@andy69 According to your public information, you joined the Forum in June, 2016. Tournaments were introduced to the game in May, 2016, and were not changed to their current format until the end of that year. The so-called issue has only recently been brought up, with most of the complainers conveniently forgetting how their larger Squad Sizes have allowed them to over-reach the cap on Province Expansions. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser1962

yes I have been playing the game a long time, but squad upgrades and tourney has come up a lot of times in the past, one way older players have, over come this is with alt so they can up there a/w supper fast just look at most of the top ranked players, low tourney points high a/w points, inno has made the way the game is going, all I have dun is give new players a warning of the pit fall they are heading for, as inno will not give them a chance to come back

Deleted User - 384643

@andy69 According to your public information, you joined the Forum in June, 2016. Tournaments were introduced to the game in May, 2016, and were not changed to their current format until the end of that year. The so-called issue has only recently been brought up, with most of the complainers conveniently forgetting how their larger Squad Sizes have allowed them to over-reach the cap on Province Expansions. :rolleyes:

Seriously, Rilian?

A huge number of players have complained about this "so-called issue"; complaints which you rather patronizingly wave away and Inno conveniently ignores again and again.

Also, even without my larger squad size (which I would roll back in a second if I could), I wouldn't have any trouble scouting and finishing enough provinces to get the maximum available number of province expansions. I'd much rather have easier tournament fights & catering.

The problem is that the info about Squad Size Upgrades contains an outright lie: "Allows you to fight with bigger armies, which will make fights easier"
What it should say is, "Allows you to fight with bigger armies, which will make fighting in new provinces easier. But in the tournament it will make fights harder and catering more expensive."
Now THAT would be the truth, and would actually give players the option to make an informed choice about taking those optional Squad Size Upgrades.

ETA: Or better yet, change it so tourney difficulty is no longer based on Squad Size Upgrades, but on what chapter you are in.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1962

yes you have it in one over to you inno, let make tournaments fair, you change things like the bell tower, now try and change this to help all players.

don't worry Cerebros, inno will run away put its head under the sand and wait for it to blow over, like all the other times.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6357

how their larger Squad Sizes have allowed them to over-reach the cap on Province Expansions
This is some theoretical statement of Inno.
The provinces are much easier to conquer with the economy - I've always conquered them with catering.
By my recollection, battles in the provinces before there are maximal-development soldiers, backed by initially developed ancient miracles, yield losses that are hard to offset by the slow army-buildings.
I can assume that the provinces in green give easier fights, but this is only valid if the number of conquered provinces recommended for development is not exceeded.
But since the number of conquered provinces is equivalent to the city's possible construction place, there is no one to follow this rule and the aggressive developmental players provinces are in the red. ;)

DeletedUser1962

don't worry about opening more provinces, you will have more player to trad with, you might have a max out and need orc to fight or cater, just go up tec tree open chapters so land is ready open more, give you an a total I have opened 513 and the is a lot higher than me, inno is trying to slow the game, witch I don't think is bad, it costs money and time to set up a new chapter

DeletedUser1962

Rilian look at tournament all top page player didn't do all squad upgrades now that's a big ? as there squad sizes are higher and they fight less enemy troop each province and there cater is less, even bigger ?

DeletedUser5532

Did you manage to keep a straight face when you typed this Rilian?

"The so-called issue has only recently been brought up" - You know that this is simply not true, when I worked in support a couple of years ago it was just as big of an issue, as it is today. Diverting the truth will not lessen the issue or make it go away you know.

"...most of the complainers conveniently forgetting how their larger Squad Sizes have allowed them to over-reach the cap on Province Expansions"

Again, another casual fabrication. It is the game that allowed players to do what they did, 100% the game. If there was to be a cap on this, then it simply should not have been possible. A player can not mind read and then be expected not to make the most of their game as it is being played at the time.

But then, there is always the outside chance that newer players will believe what you have to say on this subject, the older more seasoned players are a different story.

Timneh

Artisan
The so-called issue has only recently been brought up, with most of the complainers conveniently forgetting how their larger Squad Sizes have allowed them to over-reach the cap on Province Expansions.

How can they over-reach the cap on province expansions ? There are only a certain number of province expansions that can be gained no matter what you do so that cap can't be exceeded. If you actually mean completed provinces on the world map then there is no cap for that so players can't over-reach something that is not there. If i have missed something please point it out.

DeletedUser4149

normally Rilian gives great advice and is very helpful to many of us but i have to agree w/ the folks that are disagreeing w/ his response here. i doubt even the moderators have read every post on these forums, especially when info is spread out among US, EN, and beta forums. even if you can find a post where Inno is directly telling us that our squad sizes will hurt us in tournaments, they are contradicting themselves w/ the tip that we see daily or at least weekly that says "bigger squad sizes allow you to fight with bigger armies, which will make fights easier". they left out a very important detail in that statement, kind of like if a company told you they wanna give you a free gift and leave out that you'll have to pay $20 for shipping.

besides that, i'm sure i'm not the only one who joined this forum just for a chance to participate in some of the contests that are here and not to read and respond to every thread.
and of course we're gonna explore more provinces once we've already suffered the consequences of unlocking more squad sizes, especially when they give us event quests to complete 2 provinces many times over during the same event.
and who, in their right mind, would expect there to be consequences from research that outweigh the benefits?

on the bright side of things, hearing that this "so-called" issue was only brought up recently gives us hope that maybe we can get the game makers to listen to us. they listened to all of the people that said that they don't have enough T1& T2 in their cities when they made the panda bear for the new event and that "so called" issue is correctable if people just realized that they need to build more lower tier factories. unlocking more squad sizes isn't correctable.
they also listened to the people that complained about having too many pet food recipes available. i'm sure many people will soon wish they could craft more pet food. they also listened to the people who complained about the useless recipes in the magic academy and those who said the spire was too costly..

don't be complacent folks. speak up for issues that you believe in. like posts you agree with. ignoring issues is what gave them a reason to reduce the amount of pet food recipes they are now offering us.

DeletedUser1962

its down to the tec guys this will not go away it will come up time and time again, only you can fix, as it wrong and unfair, 3 options 1 join up all unattached items on tec tree, we are all in the same game, 2 give players a chance to buy back, unattached upgrades, 3 do nil and have a lot of unhappy player, witch will lead to player leaving, and this will come up again, ARE YOU OUT THERE ELVENAR TEAM RESPONCE, PLEASE.

DeletedUser8632

@andy69 ... with most of the complainers conveniently forgetting how their larger Squad Sizes have allowed them to over-reach the cap on Province Expansions. :rolleyes:

You mean that over-reaching that is forced on some of us by Inno's insistence to require scouting and finishing provinces as event quests?