• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Option to cancel Scouting

• Thread starter Deleted User - 2320795
  • Start date

Deleted User - 2320795

Hi Elvenar Team,
Would it be possible to provide an option to cancel scouting too. Currently there is option only use Diamonds or Speed/Time spells once a scouting begins but an option to cancel would be nice too.
- Like if I change my mind and want to scout another province instead.
- It could also be like I actually wanted to do another one but unfortunately clicked the wrong one.
- It could also be like I would not prefer to continue with the scouting. Like we have for building upgrades where we can cancel the upgrade anytime mid-way.

Thank you,
Zaapps.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi @Zaapps Interesting Idea! I shall certainly ask the question (and all the plus ones) :D

Herodite.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi @Zaapps (and all you wonderful Plus Ones :)) I asked the question and on this occasion, the answer is unfortunately a No. Whilst this is a popular idea, and clearly would be a welcome addition to you all, we have to consider the work involved to make this so. The World Map contains every player and as a result is huge! To implement this idea would be a monumental task and for that reason, it isn't currently a priority for our Developers. Excellent idea though so thank you! Maybe (and hopefully) it is something they will consider in the future!

Kind Regards

Herodite.

FieryArien

Necromancer
Hi @Zaapps (and all you wonderful Plus Ones :)) I asked the question and on this occasion, the answer is unfortunately a No. Whilst this is a popular idea, and clearly would be a welcome addition to you all, we have to consider the work involved to make this so. The World Map contains every player and as a result is huge! To implement this idea would be a monumental task and for that reason, it isn't currently a priority for our Developers. Excellent idea though so thank you! Maybe (and hopefully) it is something they will consider in the future!

Kind Regards

Herodite.
Wow, a direct answer. I think I love you. :D

Deleted User - 2320795

Hi @Zaapps (and all you wonderful Plus Ones :)) I asked the question ...

Thats sad. Hope they will consider in the future. Am sure it will only make the game and gaming exp better.

Thank you for the reply, @herodite

Also a BIG thanks and bow for all my elven mates who supported the suggestion with their very valuable +1s and likes, rock on

Cheers!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Hi folks,

There is one problem, and that is why it can't happen yet:

AW like Enar's Embassive gives you mana for every Scout. If you cancel this scout, your mana will need to be deducted. If you didn't have mana, it would not work as expected, not for now at least. Like this, a few more aspects.

The developers are aware of this though. The idea is great, so it's not going to waste!

Pauly7

Magus
AW like Enar's Embassive gives you mana for every Scout. If you cancel this scout, your mana will need to be deducted. If you didn't have mana, it would not work as expected, not for now at least. Like this, a few more aspects.
A lot of things are set up to reverse whatever has been spent, such as when troop productions are cancelled and the tools are returned. In this case there is the possibility that a player may end up on a minus mana or tools total, but that's not necessarily a problem. It would be exactly like when a residence is sold/teleported and available population moves onto a minus figure. It would take a little extra coding, of course, but shouldn't be insurmountable.

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
We prefer to not get very technical, but there are quite a few more factors that happen when you start to scout a province. So, besides the mana, there are a few more aspects that are interconnected with the activation of a scout.

Also, negative pop/culture does not touch as many mechanics as scouting does. Furthermore, if you have negative mana, decay needs to be rethought for example.

But as @herodite said above, it is something that the developers took note of. Right now they are working other aspects of the game as you all know. I'd say it's a "no" for now, but a "maybe" for the future :)

Gargon667

Mentor
I would agree, I have occasionally thought it would be nice to be able to cancel a scout, but in the end I wouldn´t especially call it a high priority. Send the devs back to fixing the broken tourney formula!