• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New Game Features Opposing factions

DeletedUser

[Summary] - To make 2 new races (eg gnomes and orcs) or make the two existing ones a bit adversary.
[Details] - In current state everything is nothing but peace. That's fine by me, however if there was some more difference between races, or two new opposing races that can't trade (or trade with restrictions), can't join same guild/fellowship etc, we'd open our doors to a few interesting possibilities:
  1. More interesting game play
  2. Possibility to compete between the 2 factions on various fields, like total score points, total of relics or anything else
  3. Making the difference between races/factions more distinct
  4. Possibility to create PvP tournaments, so the game will suit not only peaceful builders but also those who seek competition. Tournaments will be not much different than current PvP fight in FoE. Or may require both players/groups to fight in real time (which is more difficult to achieve but has been done in GvG). Tournaments victory will grant players some reward to compensate amount of goods/resources sacrificed by using their town space to build more troops. Probably some faction-wide reward like small production boost for the day/week after the tournament
  5. Awards for PvE-only players, eg a Farmers Tournament where during a given week players of both factions has to achieve some common goal
[Reasons for implementing] - Because I love Role Playing :)
[Impact on other game features] - It'll probably affect the whole game

Beside of creating 2 new races (just a dream) generally implementing some of that features isn't much complicated give that the game engine supports most of it already. The PvP tournament in this peaceful world can be achieved by adding just 1 single field to the user database: PvP flag. Different ratio (or fees) for trading with own/enemy faction isn't that hard too.
Now, when we see fellowships coming, the trades will not be as difficult as they used to be, so adding fees or making trade impossible between factions will not affect the market that much.

DeletedUser23

As long as the PVE and PVP content give equal access to similar amounts of rating points, and that neither is mandatory (like players attacking your city without an option to disallow) then I'm fine with it. Would give more content/goals etc.