• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Contact Support Only getting Storyline quests, no Optional quests.

Mr.Dave

Alchemist
Is something stuck or mixed up in my account information?

Both the quest givers in my city give only Storyline quests. I'm near the end of Chapter 6 Dwarves, but this has been going on since early in the chapter. I got most (maybe all) of the optional quests one time, only a few repeated once. Right now they're asking me to "Research Granite Golem" and "Train 30 Granite Golems".

Chapter 5 was very similar, I had a storyline quest near the beginning for a research near the end of the tree, and then the other quest giver only offered storyline quests.

I don't have super accurate records on any of this, but I've talked with other another player in Ch. 6 who says she carefully plans her collections around all the optional quests, cancelling, accepting, looping as needed. I did this in Chapters 3 and 4, but have missed out on MANY MANY coins and supplies since then because it takes 2-10 days to complete each quest I get. If I cancel on optional Storyline quest, it goes away but next one is still a Storyline quest. If I cancel all of them, I don't know if they will repeat again or not. Event quests seem to work fine.

I'm getting all optional Storyline quests now, only 17 remain but by then I'll be starting Chapter 8. I'm basing this on the quest lists given on Elvengems.com. I'm in Winyandor on EN2, play mostly on PC (HTML5 client) but give most Neighborly Help on my iPhone or Kindle and have completed some quests on those devices. I'm not sure but it seems this may have started about the time the Kindle client was released.

Thanks for your help! I haven't seen this in the bug archive (only looked back through mid-May). Sorry I didn't say anything sooner, but I'm still getting a daily surplus of coins and goods and have been too busy with events and tournaments and life outside of Elvenar. Would like to drop one or two Workshops to make space, and the added supplies from optional quests would help a lot.

DeletedUser3097

Is something stuck or mixed up in my account information?

Both the quest givers in my city give only Storyline quests. I'm near the end of Chapter 6 Dwarves, but this has been going on since early in the chapter. I got most (maybe all) of the optional quests one time, only a few repeated once. Right now they're asking me to "Research Granite Golem" and "Train 30 Granite Golems".

Chapter 5 was very similar, I had a storyline quest near the beginning for a research near the end of the tree, and then the other quest giver only offered storyline quests.

I don't have super accurate records on any of this, but I've talked with other another player in Ch. 6 who says she carefully plans her collections around all the optional quests, cancelling, accepting, looping as needed. I did this in Chapters 3 and 4, but have missed out on MANY MANY coins and supplies since then because it takes 2-10 days to complete each quest I get. If I cancel on optional Storyline quest, it goes away but next one is still a Storyline quest. If I cancel all of them, I don't know if they will repeat again or not. Event quests seem to work fine.

I'm getting all optional Storyline quests now, only 17 remain but by then I'll be starting Chapter 8. I'm basing this on the quest lists given on Elvengems.com. I'm in Winyandor on EN2, play mostly on PC (HTML5 client) but give most Neighborly Help on my iPhone or Kindle and have completed some quests on those devices. I'm not sure but it seems this may have started about the time the Kindle client was released.

Thanks for your help! I haven't seen this in the bug archive (only looked back through mid-May). Sorry I didn't say anything sooner, but I'm still getting a daily surplus of coins and goods and have been too busy with events and tournaments and life outside of Elvenar. Would like to drop one or two Workshops to make space, and the added supplies from optional quests would help a lot.
Please contact the Support Team so they can check out what is happening!