• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Old Phoenix artifacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinterLivia7

Spellcaster
One day left for old Phoenix artifacts and I can't get a recipe. They extended the period of those recipes but where are the damn recipes? For those 2 last artifacts we won in FA, since then I am checking the MA for one last artifact with no avail. Even getting that one old Phoenix artifact, my fire duck will not be fully evolved, so I need that recipe. Today is the last day!!!!! Why they can't increase the % of that recipe??? Is not like we can craft gazillions! We are limited by the amount of new Phoenix artifacts!
Why are they so cheap? :(

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
One day left for old Phoenix artifacts and I can't get a recipe. They extended the period of those recipes but where are the damn recipes? For those 2 last artifacts we won in FA, since then I am checking the MA for one last artifact with no avail. Even getting that one old Phoenix artifact, my fire duck will not be fully evolved, so I need that recipe. Today is the last day!!!!! Why they can't increase the % of that recipe??? Is not like we can craft gazillions! We are limited by the amount of new Phoenix artifacts!
Why are they so cheap? :(

and thats why the games with true random events are bad games
since the game does not have the same outcome to all players

which if you are in the bad end of the luck is so frustrating

you put all the effort to get the artefacts and now a bad mechanic in the game ruins it all for you

i do not know the % rate but they are damn rare to get them
as if it would kill them to put 100% rate for last date to have a recipe guarantee for the people that would like the option to do it?

Sir Derf

Adept
Wow, this has really opened my eyes.

I'm now throwing out every board game that has a die in it.

Also, before playing any card game, I thoroughly shuffle the deck and then sort all the cards into the fresh-out-of-the box order.

Harvey Dent (pre-acid attack) is my new hero.

DeletedUser3571

I presume they are hoping people might use diamonds to get new recipes, that seems to be the way Inno like to go.

Pauly7

Magus
I haven't seen a single one either, since before the FA started. I've seen plenty of recipes for converting them back the other way, though.

WinterLivia7

Spellcaster
@Pauly7 - I had some before FA, I managed to evolve the damn fire duck to stage 8 and I was hoping for a last recipe to use the 2 new Phoenix artifacts from FA and bring the duck to stage 9. Inno hates its players. This is a fact!

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Well they are still around...maybe because i dont need it.;)

Capture.JPG

Fyrebird

Spellcaster
Can we please petition for an extension? Since the FA ended I have not had any opportunities to get artifacts in 3 of my cities. This is a little bit of bs as far as I'm concerned and has more to to with "May the odds forever be in Inno's favour"

Sir Derf

Adept
F has over 50,000 cities. I suggest that, no matter how many people you are in contact with, that you still don't have a representative sample. I live in F and have seen one within the last week. I wasn't in need of it, so wasn't paying enough attention to be able to give you the exact date/time, sorry.

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
F has over 50,000 cities. I suggest that, no matter how many people you are in contact with, that you still don't have a representative sample. I live in F and have seen one within the last week. I wasn't in need of it, so wasn't paying enough attention to be able to give you the exact date/time, sorry.
even if we ask all players it still will nto be a good sample size
you do relazie how propabilties work?
even 1 bullion players can get no RECIPES and it will still be consider normal and expected

when you have lets say 5% of drop rate it does not mean you will get 5 at the first 100 times
it does not mean you will get 1 in the first thousand
or in the firs tmillion

the drop rate of 5% will become true only when you reach huge numbers what is a huge nubmer? thign a nubmer any number its still way too small

for nay smaller number the % can be anything form 0-100%

and thats why i say the random aspect is a bad mechanic for a game liek this one

but you need to have a math education and especially in probabilities to understand how they work.

its the same with flipping a coin while we expect at a given number of flips half of them will be head and the other tales it does not mean that will be what we will get.
yes when you repeat the number lots of time the ratios head/tales will go to 1 which means 50% head 50% tales drop rate

and thats the problem with independent probabilities
the rpevious does nto have any effect on the next ones

so even if we ask all players what value info you will get?
since no matter how the players answer all of those outcomes are predicted to happen

and also for the individual player the frustration and angry will increase. imagine you realize that the rest had above average luck and you are the one who got the short stick.
at keast if all answer they ahd the same bad lcuk like you you fell comfort that you have comapny in misery

and once more what about the players that had spent DIAMONDS and still get nothing
as the person who start the thread and spent 250 to get 5 spins for new recipes in a futile attempt to get it?

and you show no empathy to other gamer problems in the game, you go i was okey in event so lets make fun of other that did not.

DeletedUser

i am not triggered....................................................................
i have an opinion ........................................................................

................................................................................................
...............................................................................................

......................................................................................................................
..............................................................................................

Hello there, @ANIKHTOS !
I have read your posts, and I am getting the perception that we are beginning to drift away from the topic of the thread, which is "Old Phoenix Artifacts"
It would be so lovely of you to please contribute your experience with these Artifacts, that would be really appreciated.

This is a game, we are all here to share and enjoy each others experience & wisdom
Do refrain from posting accusatory posts directed at other players/contributors.

Sir Derf

Adept
Given:

5 Recipes are randomly selected every 6 hours.

Assumptions:

There are about 100 recipes available at any one time.
All recipes are equally likely.
One of these recipes is desired.

Question 1: What are the odds that the desired recipe will appear now?
Simple answer - 5 out of 100, or 5%
Longer answer - Odds that it doesn't appear = 99/100 * 98/99 * 97/98 * 96/97 * 95/96 = 95%, therefore 5% it does appear.

Question 2: What are the odds that the desired recipe will not be offered in a day?
Answer - (95/100)^4 = 81.5%

Question 3: What are the odds that the desired recipe will not be offered in a week?
Answer - (95/100)^28 = 23.7%
In a world with 50k+ players, between 1:5 and 1:4, or 10-12.5k players will go a week without being offered the desired recipe.
On the flip side, that is a 76.3% chance that you will have been offered the desired recipe at least once in a week.
And, that's assuming that these players did look at all 28 offerings, and are accurately remembering the appropriate timeframe.

And yes, random is random; yes we won't see the exact 23.7% distribution. But, it's highly likely that we will see something close to that, when performed on the scale of 50,000 players.

Status
Not open for further replies.