• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Oh my word what have they done ?

DeletedUser114

oh my word I logged in to the game this morning and over half of my neighbors have vanished, it has taken me a long time and quite a few gems to get this many neighbors.

How can this be right, I am now losing over 160000 coins a day plus the 32000 tools I made for 4x 40000 coins, it feels like I have been slapped in the face, the game is going to be a lot harder now.

And for those that say new players will fill the spaces that could take years if ever at all.

1 very unhappy lady :(

DeletedUser3

Hello Unicorn,

Inactive players are deleted after 30+ days of inactivity. Their place will indeed be taken by new players over the coming days. Though obviously this will not happen all at once, it should not take years. It's likely that you all started at around the same time, and that these players that have disappeared became inactive immediately, hence losing so many neighbours at once, and that nothing is amiss with the system. However I will check this out, just to be certain that all is as it should be.

For now, joining a Fellowship would be the best way to ensure that you have the Neighbourly Help that you need, and players that you can visit in return.

DeletedUser114

Hiya Amy :)

Thank you for the reply.

I have had another look this morning and probably after the next round of deletes I will end up with about 9 neighbors, now I may get a few more if some new player takes their place but that is not likely any time soon as the whole server would have to be full before any spaces get filled up. :(

I founded a fellowship and have 25 people in it but this does not cover how many I have lost, and really this is not right the fellowship members should be in addition to all those we have worked hard to find.

Unicorn.

DeletedUser

I for one am very happy to see them go. The only players that were active in my area were the ones who made it through the purge. Redundant to say that I guess the others just took up space. If the holes can't be filled..... maybe a supply city ? a new game move or a city to attack for a game advantage of some kind?

DeletedUser3

that is not likely any time soon as the whole server would have to be full before any spaces get filled up.
In fact the system of allocating city locations on the map tends to fill up empty spaces first before expanding the map at the edges, so hopefully it will not be too long before you see some new neighbours appearing :)

DeletedUser

I've notice a few of my neighbors are inactive too so I expect them to be gone in the next week or so :( but hopefully the spaces will be refilled again soon

DeletedUser114

bluelarge.png

Hiya Amy :)

Thank you again for your reply, This sounds really hopeful fingers crossed I might get some new neighbors soon :)

DeletedUser121

Overall, it's a good move. BUT -- it has created a loss of 9360 coins in neighborly help. Just multiply that by how many days it takes for new players to be added out here in the boondocks -- screwed again. It would make much more sense to remove the inactive cities when you have something to put in their places.

DeletedUser

Overall, it's a good move. BUT -- it has created a loss of 9360 coins in neighborly help. Just multiply that by how many days it takes for new players to be added out here in the boondocks -- screwed again. It would make much more sense to remove the inactive cities when you have something to put in their places.

Yeah I have to agree, it would be better to replace inactives as new members register than to wipe them out of existence en mass thus leaving a person who is active with a massive drop in daily income

I felt a suggestion coming on

https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/deletion-of-inactives.375/

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser121

Good job, guys. You have removed even more inactive neighbors without replacing them, and today the resulting loss of income is 13,680 coins. And you want us to buy diamonds? It's too bad the devs can't be bothered to play the game like ordinary mortals so they would know what they're doing to the players.

DeletedUser

This change doesn't seem fair to me, I did a lot of encounters just to extend my neighbors. Now From something like 50+ I have at most 20 ...

There are players that are lucky just because they have active neighbors.

Better way to implement this is just to leave accounts there, delete them with keeping towns and when new player joins to replace the town, in this way everything is fair.

DeletedUser

I got 14 active neighbors atm on EN server, maybe I got lucky or something, but I understand the feeling on the US server. When I first start there, I discovered 9 cities so far, now I'm lonely :( .

DeletedUser66

Good job, guys. You have removed even more inactive neighbors without replacing them, and today the resulting loss of income is 13,680 coins. And you want us to buy diamonds? It's too bad the devs can't be bothered to play the game like ordinary mortals so they would know what they're doing to the players.

That's certainly not true. I was amazed at how much time and effort went into testing the features in the game especially with the recent QA testing on Fellowships. Everything is thoroughly tested before release.

I can understand you're upset because you lost a handful of coins. But this feature was put in place to promote activity amongst your neighbors, you'll have those days where you will lose a few while they are being replaced - and hopefully with some luck, better active ones. Personally I feel it's a better option to have active neighbors helping you rather than having no help from neighbors at all.

DeletedUser

That's certainly not true. I was amazed at how much time and effort went into testing the features in the game especially with the recent QA testing on Fellowships. Everything is thoroughly tested before release.

I can understand you're upset because you lost a handful of coins. But this feature was put in place to promote activity amongst your neighbors, you'll have those days where you will lose a few while they are being replaced - and hopefully with some luck, better active ones. Personally I feel it's a better option to have active neighbors helping you rather than having no help from neighbors at all.

You are missing the point here.
Issue is that every player helped inactive players and we received coins. Now you get very few because there are very few neighbours.

As said before the implementation of this needed to be different, meaning keep those ghost towns (as we can continue to receive coins) and when a new player joins just put him there.

DeletedUser66

You are missing the point here.
Issue is that every player helped inactive players and we received coins. Now you get very few because there are very few neighbours.

As said before the implementation of this needed to be different, meaning keep those ghost towns (as we can continue to receive coins) and when a new player joins just put him there.
I'm well aware on how the feature works.

I would be more empathetic towards players complaining about this if they were losing millions of coins over a couple of weeks. But this is not the case. I can't imagine it will be longer than a couple of days to fill up the empty spots that were caused by the removal of inactives.

Look at it from another point of view and a point I think a lot of players are missing. At this time, the sole purpose of an inactive account is to farm a handful of coins from it every 23 hours. Inactive accounts do not help your village in any other way. Now we do have a feature which removes inactive accounts and replaces them with new registrations, albeit they are low level but one can still benefit from their help. Once the transition has taken place and your neighbor slots are filled up again, the chances of you getting more active neighbors has been increased.

In a short term period, a player will lose a few days of farming coins from their neighbors that were removed. Fair enough, I can understand why they could be upset over something this trivial. Alas...

In a long term period, you now have active players around you helping you a lot more than what inactive players would have if they stayed. I'm sure sacrificing a few gold coins for a couple of days to gain culture help and gold coins to your town hall is a lot better. And you would have made the lost gold coins back in no time.

InnoGames does not have the desire to change already developed feature unless it is absolutely necessary. Losing a few gold coins doesn't fall within that category unfortunately unless there is a bug present.

DeletedUser121

OOPS! Sorry -- my math was off by a decimal point. This is two days in a row of missing out on 136,800 coins in neighborly help. That's more than a quarter million in two days!

DeletedUser

Look at it from another point of view and a point I think a lot of players are missing. At this time, the sole purpose of an inactive account is to farm a handful of coins from it every 23 hours. Inactive accounts do not help your village in any other way. Now we do have a feature which removes inactive accounts and replaces them with new registrations, albeit they are low level but one can still benefit from their help. Once the transition has taken place and your neighbor slots are filled up again, the chances of you getting more active neighbors has been increased.

Still missing the point here.
Let's take my example. Before I had 51 neighbors. Now I have 15 neighbors.
My main hall yesterday gives me 3600 per neighbor. Simple math results in 129600 gold lost.
Today main hall gives me 4800 per neighbor. Doing the math results in 172800 gold lost.
Two days and I lost 300k. In one week I'm losing one million ....

Now to repeat myself. What should have been done is:
- those players are deleted;
- there town is replaced with a ghost town, that you can help and receive your coins.
- when new player joins, ghost town is replaced with the new player town.

Just admit that implementation was bad and players will complain, because you lose something.

Second part is that this is not fair. Let's say another player had also 51 neighbors (like I had), but they lost only 10 neighbors. Is the game fair in this way? We are both active, we both compete ... but he is lucky that he has more neighbors, more income.

You are right that having active players as neighbors is better, no-one complains about this!

DeletedUser121

I would be more empathetic towards players complaining about this if they were losing millions of coins over a couple of weeks. But this is not the case. I can't imagine it will be longer than a couple of days to fill up the empty spots that were caused by the removal of inactives.
You are so missing the point. Many of us have already been penalized over a quarter million coins, and there is no sign of a new neighbor. Maybe you think a loss of 136,800 coins a day is a "handful", but we could buy a lot with those coins. My initial response was that this is overall a good idea, but the way it is being implemented is penalizing active players. It's bogus, dude.

DeletedUser66

Ni-ka and Altarius, all the high ranked players are experiencing the same issues you are having now (I think it is safe to presume you all registered around the same time). It's not just you alone.

Checking on the map, those players ranked very close above you have level 16000s around them which means they lost and gained new neighbors already. You are going through this transition at the moment and players registered just after you will go through the same ordeal too.

One of my fellowship members and a good friend of mine lost most of her neighbors too, it took her three days to get them all back. Only three days...

I can hardly see it being unfair towards you and your rank if all the players are going to experience the exact same thing, just at different times. Perhaps some are lucky enough to have a few extra active players around them - but nothing I could call an unfair advantage.

Altarius has opened an idea post on this forum, maybe the developers will find the idea viable and implement it.

Annah

Alchemist
I lost almost every neighbour I had 3 days ago. I lost the gold yes for those 2 or 3 days. However, now 3 days later every spot is filled. Hopefully the new ppl will return the visiting and make up for the dead accounts that were there and I will receive supplies on top of the gold now. Personally I'm happy with this. :)

Last edited: